Other ticket questions

UmmGooD

despite having 1,000+ posts, does not visit the fo
Okay I had a couple other questions about tickets after looking at your FAQ (which is awesome BTW).

I know if I don't have the park hopper option I cannot use another day to enter Epcot after I went to the MK. But let's say we went to MK got done earlier than expected or are just burnt out on it and decide we would like to go to Epcot if I add the park hoppers to my ticket AFTER I have used the tickets at another park will I be able to get into the other park that day or will I be out of luck?

I also know that if you don't stay onsite and the ticket isn't associated with your room key you can be out of luck if you lose it. What do you have to write down and keep somewhere safe in case that happens so you can get another ticket made? (I thought this might be helpful for someone who will be holding paper tickets.)

On the WPF&M add on if I have 9 day tickets and add that option do I get 9 WP entries AND 9 quest entries or is it 9 WP or quest entries? I could see where the non expiration might be worth it if I could use those on future trips. I might have to do the math.

RoonieRoo

will take any rain...even if its men.
Okay I had a couple other questions about tickets after looking at your FAQ (which is awesome BTW).

I know if I don't have the park hopper option I cannot use another day to enter Epcot after I went to the MK. But let's say we went to MK got done earlier than expected or are just burnt out on it and decide we would like to go to Epcot if I add the park hoppers to my ticket AFTER I have used the tickets at another park will I be able to get into the other park that day or will I be out of luck?

Yes, you can hop to Epcot. Once you upgrade the ticket then it is upgraded and you can hop. No waiting required. :)

I also know that if you don't stay onsite and the ticket isn't associated with your room key you can be out of luck if you lose it. What do you have to write down and keep somewhere safe in case that happens so you can get another ticket made? (I thought this might be helpful for someone who will be holding paper tickets.)

The tickets do have a number like a serial number on the back. When I get new tickets or right before a trip, I take a picture of the back of my ticket and write down the number in my docs I keep for the trip. It does make it easier for them to replace lost tickets.

On the WPF&M add on if I have 9 day tickets and add that option do I get 9 WP entries AND 9 quest entries or is it 9 WP or quest entries? I could see where the non expiration might be worth it if I could use those on future trips. I might have to do the math.

This one someone else might need to verify but I'm pretty sure you get WP entried AND 9 quest entries. I think.

Hopefully, I answered those right but I'm going to double check the WPF&M answer.

vicki_c

THE RULES!!!
A - yes you can add the hopper feature at any time at all, within the 14 days of first using the ticket.
B - make a Xerox of the back of your tickets is the best approach. There is a string of numbers on the back that are the part they use - often they might start with something like WMK:00000 (not zeros, but #s).
C - it is 9 total entries to the plus places, not 9 entries to each plus thing. NE can make sense if you plan on using those up for future trips, but as you said, do the math. It would be good I think for someone who might do 2 plus things each trip, so making it cheaper than buying 2 separate plus admissions each time OR adding plus admissions to your ticket every time.

RoonieRoo

will take any rain...even if its men.
Okay, I got the WPF&M one wrong. It is 9 total trips for the water parks OR Disney quest.

UmmGooD

Thanks!

Blyday you might want to add these to the FAQ. At least the lost ticket one because I have seen it discussed several times on those 'other' WDW sites.

Meeska Mooska

josh's mathematician and no expiration upgrade exp

I upgraded my tickets to NE a couple of years ago, and having the WPF&M was what tipped the balance in my favour. Just keep in mind Josh's explanation about making sure you have enough days to do another trip, because you will not be able to add days after 14 days have passed.

In my case, I started out with 7 day base tickets with park hopper. We did Disney Quest one night, and knew we would also do a water park, so I upgraded all of the tickets to include the WPF&M. In 8 days at Disney, we did 1 day at MK, 1 day at AK, 1 day at HS, the on our 4th day we went to Epcot, finished early, and Park Hopped back to MK to finish up what we hadn't done. So we used up 4 park days out of 7, and 2 fun visits out of 7. I did the math, and decided that if we could do it in 4 days this time, we would need at least 4 days next time. So I added an 8th day to my ticket, which also added an 8th fun visit, then upgraded to NE.

We leave next week :RpS_biggrin:, and will have no ticket expenses. I have 4 more park days, and I plan on using 2 of the remaining 6 fun visits. The next time I go, I will not have to add WPF&M as I will still have 4 fun visits left. They'll probably last me a whole other trip as well.

My only regret was that I didn't add a 9th day to the ticket at the time. It would have cost me about 50$ more per ticket, and since I wasn't sure I would need a 5th day next time, I found it to be an expensive "what if". I now kinda wish I had that 5th day. In the end, if I need to, I'll just have to buy a single day ticket for all of us (I'm still ahead by about 100$, not including the $$ I will save on Disney Quest and water parks). I just have to make sure I don't plan on park hopping on that 5th day.

Lots to think about...

Lizanne

blyday

tests unsafe roller coasts in china
Josh......I'm a little uncertain as to what you are asking for in this post.....are you asking this for your knowledge or because you are looking for clarification within the Q&A thread and additions there? If the later, would you please post those up in that thread? It just makes it easier if I know that you aren't looking for a specific answer but are feeling like that is a common enough question that it should be addressed in that sticky.

Now....if you are asking for your own person knowledge.....then great......starting a new thread is the way to go. And if you are doing both, feel free to specifically put your recommendations in the Q&A thread as well as starting a new thread in the forum!!!

Thanks for you insights!!

UmmGooD

Both :) Be prepared for my response over there :) It's coming in the blink of an eye :)