Our Thanksgiving at DISNEY 2017 ~ Lotsa pictures

3Caballeros

living life to its fullest
We're home! Had one of the best trips, ever, at Disney during our November 10-day Thanksgiving camping vacation at Fort Wilderness!:RpS_love:
I was writing my trip report in my head the entire vacation. I'm sure you've done that, too :RpS_tongue:

Here are some of the highlights I will tell you about:
~We visited each park at least once but Epcot 3x
~Attended a MVMCP where we met VoicePlay and had our pictures taken with them!
~ DH and I had a belated anniversary meal at California Grill's Brunch at the Top
~Other places we ate: Beaches and Cream, Trail's End Buffet, Biergarten and the Wave plus some delicious counter service
~Had reserved seating at the Nov 25th Candlelight Processional - wonderful!
~Saw La Nouba on Nov 21st - absolutely fabulous!
~Snagged 4th FP+ for Avatars Flight of Passage
~My 17 y.o. son ran the 1st annual Turkey Trot at Disney's Fort Wildereness and won 2nd place! Prize: free 1 hour pontoon boat rental!

I viewed someone's TR recently where they posted mostly pictures with a few descriptions. I thought to myself,
"Now, that is doable!" So.... here is a taste of some of our trip... I will add daily for the next week or so. Please feel free to ask lots of questions - I'm happy to help, if I can.
This is the camper where we lived for 12 days (overnight stay from TN to FL both there and back)
These are my 17 y.o. triplets -curly blonde is Isabelle, son is Benjamin and short brown is Savannah
and this is our furry, precious Golden Retriever, MABEL, who spent the trip with us (but not in the parks)
20171117_092046.jpgDSCN8616.JPGDSC00675.JPG

Last edited:

mgarbowski

Looking forward to seeing your trip. I have 2 trips coming up in the space of 2 months, and was planning on making at least one of the trip reports photo only.

3Caballeros

DAY 1 of THANKSGIVING at Disney

Day 1
Our first full day was Saturday, November 18th and our plan was to do Epcot RD, break at lunch in order to tend to Mabel and have a break, then return to Epcot for the evening until close. As I learned from many on here and from my own experiences over the years, it is vital to your sanity and vacation enjoyment to allow for changes in the plans you worked night and day on for months and be flexible. What fun is it to force the park on tired, worn-out family members ? I won't keep you in suspense. We did NOT go back to the park after our break but watched the electric water pageant and MK fireworks from the Fort Wilderness beach. We have 2 more Epcot days at the end of the week so ~ no worries!
OK... here it goes. Easywdw tells me I can only upload 5 photos per post... so... Our 1st Epcot day in 5 pictures:
DSCN8388.JPGP1010268.JPGDSCN8403.JPG20171118_120554.jpg20171118_132616.jpg

cboyer

I'm assuming the ice cream was from the place in France. We usually get cones there every year but usually DH goes in to get it, I don't think I've been inside since they remodeled a few years ago. So, I never saw the mickey's on the ice cream tubs, so cute.

3Caballeros

I'm assuming the ice cream was from the place in France. We usually get cones there every year but usually DH goes in to get it, I don't think I've been inside since they remodeled a few years ago. So, I never saw the mickey's on the ice cream tubs, so cute.
Yes, the Ice Cream was in the L'Artisan des Glaces in France :) I adore the white chocolate coconut ! Had it in January and was so glad it was still there this trip, as well - YUMMMM!

cboyer

Yes, the Ice Cream was in the L'Artisan des Glaces in France :) I adore the white chocolate coconut ! Had it in January and was so glad it was still there this trip, as well - YUMMMM!
We love that place. According to DD10 "France has the best ice cream in the world" :RpS_laugh:

3Caballeros

DAY 2 Thanksgiving vacation at DISNEY part 1

Day 2 at Disney ~ November 19th - Sunday part 1

Exciting brunch at California Grill's Brunch at the Top with DH to celebrate our 26th anniversary (back in June!). Told the kids to go have fun, use Disney transportation and stay together. This particular entry may take 2 posts since I made sure to take lots of pics of the food! The triplets decided on Beaches & Cream and had to deal with nearly 2 hours of Disney transportation to get there and back from Fort Wilderness but they considered it an adventure and had a FABULOUS time out on their own :RpS_smile: DH and I took the boat from Ft. Wilderness to the Contemporary and.... here is a look at the buffet and some of what we ate:
IMG_3321.JPGIMG_3322.JPG20171119_115324.jpg20171119_115332.jpgIMG_3320.JPG

3Caballeros

~Part 2 @ California Grill ~

Day 2 ~ California Grill ~ Part 2

Main Entree for me was the spicy/ sweet fried chicken thigh- I cant' recall the official name. Because I couldn't decide, they also brought me the banana foster's french toast.
DH had the grilled shrimp on a bed of grits as his main entree. The sausages, bacon and potatoes pictured in part 1 are available side items to accompany your entree. The dessert platter was OK but we were full and had it boxed up to go so we could let our kids have it. The best part of the dessert was the little salted caramel truffle.

20171119_121045.jpgIMG_3319.JPG20171119_121052.jpg20171119_130238.jpg20171119_125250.jpg

3Caballeros

~ Part 3 ~ Beaches & Cream

The triplets had a blast! I've taught them well so we have pictures for the trip report!:RpS_tongue:

DSCN8457.JPGP1010298.JPGDSCN8462.JPGDSCN8460.JPGP1010300.JPG