Park planning feedback?

Mrs~Incredible

Hi friends, would love your thoughts on this plan. It will be myself, DH, and 9 yo DD. We have 9 day park hoppers and are also doing universal (just got buy 2 days, get 2 free days tix) I know there’s no down time lol, but that’s how we roll when we go to FL! Going down Nov 7-21.

Sunday- arrive, pool
Monday- UO
Tuesday- UO
Wednesday- AK
Thursday- HS
Fri- UO
Sat - UO
Sun- MK
Mon- EP
Tues- HS
Wed - AK (hop to MK?)
Thurs- HS (maybe switch to EP?)
Fri- AK
Sat- MK, hop to HS
Sun- leave

I feel good about our plan for week one but I’m unsure about week 2. We love all the parks. I put in 3 AK because it’s the hardest to hop to/from. Love the holiday stuff there. Also put in 3 HS because ROR and we also love it there, but we could potentially change the third HS to EP.

Hoping all parks have wide open availability for everyone by then, and this is a non-issue.

Should I build in more MK or EP? Thinking we will hop to those, and EP would theoretically be easiest to get (unless things get crazy with the new Remy ride). Hoping we can get enough MK in, especially with festivities for the 50th.

I know it’s a comfort to have park reservations, but I do miss the spontaneity of picking things on the fly....

Sorry this is so long, but would love anyone’s thoughts!

Thank you!!!

DopeyRunr

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts f
- Where are you staying? You might have a better experience with 3-4 nights on Universal property with resort guest perks, then moving it down to WDW.
- Why break up the Universal with two days at WDW?
- Sounds like it's your personal preference but we'd probably flip flop your plan for 3.5 days at HS and 1.5 days at MK.

Mrs~Incredible

- Where are you staying? You might have a better experience with 3-4 nights on Universal property with resort guest perks, then moving it down to WDW.
- Why break up the Universal with two days at WDW?
- Sounds like it's your personal preference but we'd probably flip flop your plan for 3.5 days at HS and 1.5 days at MK.
We will be staying off site- at the Sheraton Vistana. We were thinking 4 days in a row at UO may be a lot, and we will be anxious to get our Disney on.... so are you saying you would do 3.5 days at MK and 1.5 at HS? That sounds good too.... but we do love the Christmas vibe/ music at Hollywood.... we will prob end up with 2.5 days at HS... it’s really hard to plan it out- we do love them all and I could spend a week at each!

Thanks for responding :)

Mrs Darling

I’m with you on the holiday vibe at HS! Love all the retro decor & music there.
On your last day, I am curious why you would start at MK & hop to HS? Your RoTR chances would be better the other way around, but perhaps that’s how you like to end your trips?
Overall, this seems HS heavy to me. I might take one of your HS days & change it to either EP or MK, or split it between the 2. Hopping by monorail is the best way to hop IMO
Good thinking to split up the UO days. 4 days straight would be way overkill for me too.

Seriously jealous of 2 straight weeks of magic!! Some day...

Mrs~Incredible

I’m with you on the holiday vibe at HS! Love all the retro decor & music there.
On your last day, I am curious why you would start at MK & hop to HS? Your RoTR chances would be better the other way around, but perhaps that’s how you like to end your trips?
Overall, this seems HS heavy to me. I might take one of your HS days & change it to either EP or MK, or split it between the 2. Hopping by monorail is the best way to hop IMO
Good thinking to split up the UO days. 4 days straight would be way overkill for me too.

Seriously jealous of 2 straight weeks of magic!! Some day...
Thanks for your thoughts! Yep, I’ll probably switch out the 3rd HS day for something else- good thought. For the last day we like to start in MK and walk out after Jingle Bam and Snow on Hollywood Blvd!
Scrimping and going budget style off site helps us do longer trips :)
Thanks!!

josh

Administrator
Staff member
You've got plenty of time so I wouldn't be too concerned about much.

Four days at Universal is a lot in my opinion. You may want to plan a backup day with some other plans - an afternoon at Springs, just chillin to get ready for week two, or the like. Or you may not be able to wait to get back there. It may also depend on crowds and waits. It's certainly a fun place to visit, but it's sort of a ride to ride to ride situation in my experience. Even four days at Disneyland is kind of a lot. But you may have a different experience so it doesn't hurt to plan on it.

Mrs~Incredible

You've got plenty of time so I wouldn't be too concerned about much.

Four days at Universal is a lot in my opinion. You may want to plan a backup day with some other plans - an afternoon at Springs, just chillin to get ready for week two, or the like. Or you may not be able to wait to get back there. It may also depend on crowds and waits. It's certainly a fun place to visit, but it's sort of a ride to ride to ride situation in my experience. Even four days at Disneyland is kind of a lot. But you may have a different experience so it doesn't hurt to plan on it.
Thanks for writing!! I do think the 4th day at UO will be more than what we need, but my kid is a total Potter freak and she will probably be thrilled for some extra immersion there- I agree Disney Springs or some pool time will be a good thing to work in. And lots of cocktails ;-)

I was just reading that DS Christmas Tree Trail was spread out last year with a “scavenger hunt” map (because covid)- I hope they do it that way again! Would be an extra thing to enjoy on those shorter park days if we are looking for something to do....

thanks Josh for this amazing website you have set up- I love loving vicariously through your photos and really enjoy your tongue in cheek Disney wit :)

sprout

Are your Universal tickets the 3 park tickets that include Volcano Bay? With 2 weeks, a water park may be something to consider. We always talk about trying one, but never feel we have enough time.

Mrs~Incredible

Are your Universal tickets the 3 park tickets that include Volcano Bay? With 2 weeks, a water park may be something to consider. We always talk about trying one, but never feel we have enough time.
Yes! Good point- that would have been a good idea- but we are just doing the 2 parks park-to-park. Hopefully we are lucky enough to go again and I agree that would be a fun thing to add!