Parking at Contemporary or Grand Floridian

KathyNY

As far as I remember, you can't modify a reservation the day of, even if you call. Seems like a lot of potential trouble just to avoid a ferry (or monorail) ride.
I'd also like to see the new walkway. But, yes, avoiding public transport is what I'd like to try to do. I understand Uber is "public transport" as well, but a lesser risk I'm willing to deal with. I'm staying in the Boardwalk area so I can walk to 2 resorts. I wanted to walk to MK as well since it's a possibility.

Disney certainly allows people to come (via monorail) to any of the MK resorts to eat at restaurants and drink at bars. So I'm not sure I agree with the thought that they are trying to lessen the pandemic load on their hotels by not allowing drop off at the front door. But yes, it is what it is.

And since there is such a clear advantage to arriving before the 'sanctioned' transportation can get you there, it just makes sense to try to figure out a way to do it (IMO). We may try the walk from TTC if it's a nice day.

hizouse

And since there is such a clear advantage to arriving before the 'sanctioned' transportation can get you there, it just makes sense to try to figure out a way to do it (IMO). We may try the walk from TTC if it's a nice day.
What time are they letting cars into the TTC these days? I doubt there would be any advantage in walking if you can't park more than an hour before official opening.

KathyNY

What time are they letting cars into the TTC these days? I doubt there would be any advantage in walking if you can't park more than an hour before official opening.
Oh that's right, too! You get stuck at the entry booths, right?

That was the reason I needed to get dropped at GF/CR!

KathyNY

Ok, ok. I got my breakfast reservation at The Wave for 7:45am so I can take a legit Uber to CR. I'll plan to get there at 7:20 and cross fingers that they seat us at 7:30.

Next question - can I ask the server upon ordering to bring to go boxes so we can pack up and take with us if needed? (I'll tip full amount of course).

mosh513

Does the loophole still work where you modify the reservation instead of cancelling and then cancel later? Might be an alternative option if it does. That said you really easily can walk through poly and GF from TTC, I get it is a little more time... I get both sides. Not requiring some sort of reason for being in the resorts creates all this super unnecessary traffic for the ones close to parks, but I also understand that where an uber is supposed to drop you currently is inconvenient. There is no perfect answer to solve all the problems and keep everyone happy.
Yes, it still works