Parties/After Hours events by the end of the year?

I had been holding out on definitive planning for our Thanksgiving week trip, but it looks like we're in as I bought nonrefundable Orlando Informer Meetup tickets this week. I have been hoping there would be a MVMCP or after hours MK event that week and was waiting to buy tickets and make park reservations until I knew if those events would take place. We don't usually buy a park ticket for days that we have special event tickets. Reservations for DHS are already unavailable for two days that week, but we are likely going to skip DHS on this trip. I'm trying to balance waiting on any possible special event announcements with making sure reservations are still available for Epcot/MK/AK. Any thoughts? (Side note - I'm also trying to decide between Portofino Bay and Hard Rock for the night of the meetup. If anyone has stayed at both and recommends one over the other for a mother/teenaged daughter trip, please let me know!)

DopeyRunr

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts f
The last time they held it (2019), tickets went on sale in early April. Given all of the uncertainty and what must be an incredible amount of leadtime to plan the event, and adding to it that they'll be kicking off the 50th anniversary stuff at that time, it seems extremely unlikely that MVMCP will be held in 2021.

josh

Administrator
Staff member
It's a workforce that's already spread awfully thin with far fewer guests at the resort than it might seem....at the moment. Nobody can tell you what they're going to do. I'd book what's refundable and you can likely sell the Informer tickets for at least most of what you paid if it comes down to it.

In this instance, the Hard Rock likely will provide more energy and be a shorter walk to and from the parks.

josh

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know who this site is run by (just kidding) but they have been uhhh...been right before:

So if they're ready to modify that they're ready to modify a lot of things. After Hours doesn't seem like a big priority, though from a safety standpoint it should be the easiest to pull off with the fewest people. But it may also be a bit of a demand thing. They're still down thousands of rooms and a lot of those events weren't selling out.

I suppose the bottom line is they're very desperately trying to pull these things off, but the feasibility, demand, and optics are obviously concerns across the board.

I wonder to a point if After Hours is something that would have driven revenue. No fireworks was a big bummer before, but with none scheduled anyway, you're not missing anything there. And with a quarter of the people in the park at most you're probably "feeling" safer." But they are spread thin right now. That may not be as true once they can import as much labor as they want from Mississippi and basically turn a profit on it very soon.

DopeyRunr

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts f
I wonder how different MNSSHP would be without so many guests standing in endless character lines all night, and standing in ride queues instead.