Photo Share Help

wdw88

Hello,
I am leading an upcoming photoshare. I purchased MM, set up a dummy MDE account, transferred the MM to the dummy account, requests to connect were sent to all participants who had their own MDE account, and all adult participants (only the managers of the family) are linked to the dummy MDE. For about three days following the account setup and the adding of folks, I was able to see everyone's Friends and Family list when I went to "add a guest" and the "Find through my connected Guests" button was clicked in the dummy account. Didn't matter if it was an adult or child...there were loads of people to choose from. Now, about 10 days later, I am only able to see Friends and Family of two of the five members. I am under the impression that as long as "managers" and adults with their own MDE account are listed, than anyone under said manager would automatically be included in the picture sharing. Can someone tell me if I do in fact need to send individual requests to the other adults who are managed by a current member and their children, and possibly why I can no longer see my friends guests? Thanks.

DopeyRunr

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts f
You don't really need to, but I usually recommend it when it's possible just to be safe. There are privacy settings buried in MDE that can hide family and friends from others, which could be why your dummy account can't see them for some of your participants. It's usually more trouble than it's worth to help participants figure out where they changed their settings just to add family members that didn't really need to be added in the first place.

wdw88

Well, I am here in WDW now and having issues with the share. I deliberately had my son and husband scan their magic bands with the PhotoPass CM on Tuesday to see if those pictures would transfer into the dummy account (I manage plans for them and they were not specifically included in the dummy share friends and family list, nor does my husband have an MDE account of his own) I can see their pictures in my own account, but only pictures from my magic band in the dummy account. I tried to explain this to a PhotoPass CM in Disney Springs, but he didn’t seem to understand what I was trying to do. I have my list set to share, the dummy’s account to share all plans, and under photos to view all photos, but still no photos from my son. Any ideas of what else I can try, or how to explain my issue to the CM?

DopeyRunr

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts f
Are you seeing the same results on mobile and desktop? Sometimes (often) they behave differently.

Try adding the accounts you manage (husband and son, it sounds like) to the friends and family list of the dummy account, just to eliminate one variable.

YOUR "list" (not exactly sure what you mean here but I'm assuming you mean your My Disney Experience privacy settings?) is set to share but you should double check the settings for all of the accounts you manage (husband and son, it sounds like).

Make sure the dummy photopass account is set to view photos of all family and friends.

Photopass CMs and even Guest Services CMs will be completely useless to help, and if they actually know what they're talking about in a way that could help them diagnose the issue, they'd probably be in a position to remove the dummy account for violation of T&C, so I'd be careful how you approach that.

crewsn

I am having this same issue currently. I was able to connect everyone else's travel party no issue except for one families. The main "Planner" of the group who manages the rest of her family I was able to connect fine. However when I go to add guest to add in the rest of her family they do not appear.

I tried sending them requests to connect by email. They will stay for a bit pending, however disappear when it appears she accepts it for them.

I have gone through My Disney Experience trying to see if there is some setting they may have preventing them from being added, but I can't figure it out?

Any insight?

crewsn

It's probably a permissions thing on her end.
I thought that at first too, and read and read last night. Let's just say I am tired today staying up way too late.

Though she has it set to share (I checked with her when I thought this as well). On her end she tried to add the ghost account, but then it showed up only one member of her party in the ghost account, but states they are managed by the ghost account. Its very frustrating.

This new My Disney Experience update seems to be not allowing everyone to connect easily. I have never had this many issues before.