Photoshare issues

splinteroh

I was part of an Oct share, and a least a couple of us have photos missing from the share (as in multiple days, all photos from that day missing). At least in my case, the photos show up on my personal account, but not the share. It is not a case of "one person's magic band isn't connected right" as other photos/days from that band are there. Heck, one day we have only 2 of the 6 or 8 photos taken in one "session" on the share (all on the personal)

Has anyone else had problems recently? Suggestions on how to get it fixed?

Thanks!

DopeyRunr

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts f
Just brainstorming here...

Is that true on both the mobile app as well as on a browser?
Have you tried on different browsers?
Have you tried clearing the cache on your browser first?
Is it possible you see the photos in your personal account NOT because they were linked to your magic band, but because they're linked to the magic band of someone else in your "Friends & Family" whose magic band is not set up correctly with the dummy account?

splinteroh

yes, both mobile and computer - and yes, have used 2 different browsers (well, 1 browser each on 2 different computers)

pictures were taken "attached" to both my magic band and my husband's. I want to say more on his, but not really sure on that. Pictures from both magic bands appear on shared account - just not ALL photos (or probably closer to "only half" of the photos)

There is also another family reporting similar issues, so don't think its a computer issue on my end.

DopeyRunr

Are both your account and your husband's account linked to the dummy account?
Do both your account and your husband's account have the same sharing permissions?

splinteroh

my husband doesn't have his own account - he's just a "family member" on mine. Some of "his" photos are in the share, some are not (although I can't swear all of the missing ones were linked to his magic band).

Weirdest one is the "session" in Pandora where 2 of 8 photos taken at the same time in Pandora are on there share.... what the heck?

DopeyRunr

Just to eliminate a variable, link his account to the dummy account.

splinteroh

I'm not understanding... he does not have a "MDE account" and when I tried to add his magic band by number to the shared account, it says its already "controlled" by another account (mine).

I supposed I could "unlink" his band from my account and then add it to the share directly, because really what good are the photos if they have the photopass "watermark" all over them.... it would make me really sad to lose those photos though, since they include the only ones with my nephew (cast member) in them

DopeyRunr

He has an MDE account, but it's one you manage. Have the coordinator of the share add his MDE account to the dummy account "Friends and Family" by:

- Click on "Add a Guest"
- Select "Find Through My Connected Guests"

Your husband's profile should come up as connected to your account and then his MDE account can be added to the dummy account's Friends and Family. It may not (probably won't) fix the issue, but it's never a bad idea to make sure things are set up correctly before expending a lot of effort trying to diagnose what's wrong.

splinteroh

I suppose its worth a try, but if SOME of his photos are already there, I would be surprised if this makes ALL of them show up.... but with Disney IT, who knows....

DopeyRunr

I'm glad that worked! That's why I always recommended linking ALL members of the family to the dummy account, even though that's usually unnecessary.