POP Rooms

Micah008

I agree with trying a different CM. You should be able to request a lake-view even with a Standard room.

Plutopal14

I made a Pop reservation yesterday and was also told that a lake view in 60's or 50's is preferred. I'm debating about whether to call the resort directly and ask.

pfalcioni

does anybody know how to change this?
I'm decently certain there are more Preferred rooms without a lake view than with. Preferred at Pop usually means close to the pool and closer walking distance to the food court/buses. Preferred at resorts with special views (like AKL) means you're paying for the view, which isn't the case with the value resorts, although I do think they have plenty of pretty views, Disney just doesn't place a premium on them.

Christie

I always hesitate to link to crazytown, but the Disboards has a thread with good info on Pop. Here's the map they reference with room levels. It's possible that it's recently changed, though.

Snickers

The CM's explanation is that there are now 3 tiers of room instead of the four used on the diagram/map above. I was basing our recommendations on the diagram/map posted above, but I had the option for a standard, preferred, and pool views.

Seems like they wanted to include those "lake view" rooms, that are currently not highlighted in yellow on the map, as "preferred" when adding guest requests, so the option can only be entered when you book as a "preferred". I was very surprised because I had done my homework, including considering everything in this post, and thought I knew what I was doing. I will probably make a call in a day or two to verify everything.

The official confirmation e-mail states:
01/18/2014 HOTEL
POP CENTURY CLASSIC- QFVPOP CENTURY CLASSIC-PREFERRED
SPECIAL REQUEST: REQUEST KING SIZE BED *Which we didn't request...
PLEASE NOTE: TOP FLOOR LAKE VIEW NOT GTD

Last edited:

revral

I've stayed at Pop twice & am booked there for my next trip. I was there in January & was in building three with a lake view & really enjoyed it. It was quiet partly because it was January & partly because I was facing the lake not the pool & it's close to the main building & buses without paying extra for a preferred room. My request for my next trip are building three, top floor & lake view. In January if I went out of my room & stood by the railing I could see fireworks. I believe they were part of Illuminations as they always seemed to start at 9 or a little later.

Micah008

The CM's explanation is that there are now 3 tiers of room instead of the four used on the map because I was basing our recommendations on the diagram/map posted above. I had the option for a standard, preferred, and pool views. Seems like they wanted to include those "lake view" requests as preferred so the option can only be entered when you book as as preferred; I was surprised because I had done my homework, including considering everything in this post, and thought I knew what I was doing. I will probably make a call in a day or two to verify everything.
I just tried pricing out a trip on their website and still see the 4 categories we mentioned above: Standard, Standard Pool View, Preferred, Preferred Pool View

Snickers

added some info as you were posting...

Seems like they wanted to include those "lake view" rooms, that are currently not highlighted in yellow on the map, as "preferred" when adding guest requests, so the option can only be entered when you book as a "preferred". Maybe that's the change?