Problems with the new layout?

J

JulieHFJ

Please, please update the date stamps for your new or updated content. One of the biggest challenges for a rookie researching a trip to wdw is the amount of info on the web generally that's outdated but seems current because it lacks a date of publication, or pops up on a site that automatically updates the date listed to the current day. You have the opposite problem: Current info bearing the date of the initial blog post.

colarey

Oops, I didn't know this section was here - sorry I mentioned the Belle thing in the other section. Anyway, I also don't see Journey of the Little Mermaid in the MK attractions list. Pretty sure, anyway. I'm always convinced I'm going to provide "helpful" information only to find it the minute I hit reply.

josh

Administrator
Staff member
No, I spent a lot of time updating old content but neglected to add a few new things. I'm writing up Belle at the moment and will do Mermaid Ride after. Thanks for pointing it out - I would have forgotten about the Mermaid ride.

DopeyRunr

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts f
Where is the article for "How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Make A Button?"

quince

I think the update bumps you from gold standard to platinum.

Looks great, thanks. And I will be sure to shop the affiliate link in appreciation for everything, including trying that black bun pork disaster so we don't have to.

TiggerGirl

worked amazing on the mobile site last night and so far today I love it on the desktop as well. one thing I just noticed - on the blue tab for crowd calendars, only Dec 2015-June 2016 are available. On the orange tab - they're all there. It's not so much an error as a thought to say you 7,000 emails asking where the rest of the crowd calendars are that you put them all in the blue tab too.
Question: easywdw.com/waits is still available (yay!) will that continue to be available now that you have wait times for each park under their tabs and now that there's a wait times page too? just want to know where to go for them :)

someone commented above about dating info so that they know what they're looking at is current. I just quickly was looking at Crepes des Chef de France and it says you wrote it in 2012, updated it in September 2015. Now I know, and most of the people here know, that the menus just don't change all that often, in fact I think QS and TS change at a very specific time. Maybe it's worth a tiny blurb about that so that if someone's reading this in July 2016 they know that the latest update in September 2015 is in fact that most current info.

maybe villa's should be on top since it's most expensive to least - sorta looks like villas are the least expensive option under the resorts tab

maybe instead of Quick Service and Restaurants - Quick Service and Full Service. QS is still a restaurant in most cases.

looks fantastic though, very user friendly and the only thing I don't like about it is the link to the forums is so obvious now. I liked being hidden in the rocks glass :)

jillyb

unsure of the release date for the dumbo anniversa
I like it! And I'm absolutely giddy to see that you're finally on Facebook! :RpS_lol:

George

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tag
First the Poly waterfall, now this!

I'm OK with the new layout. Just don't do one of those "clickbait" things for your tour plans: Page 1/35, 2/35, 3/35, etc.

stevenmilz

josh's date at akershus
Using IE11 here at work, the RESORTS menu entry still scrolls to a new line:
easyIE.jpg

Using Firefox, there is no menu scrolling:
easyFF.jpg

It might be something with the whacked out settings they've implemented using group policy (this is a government network after all - nothing works like it should), so it'd be interesting to see if other IE11 users have a similar issue.

mandi5379

Just noticed the link on the MK tour plan testing post has a link to a Garden Grill review that links to the wrong post. I'm sure anyone really wanting to read that review can find it another way though.

BeckyW

View attachment 7553

It might be something with the whacked out settings they've implemented using group policy (this is a government network after all - nothing works like it should), so it'd be interesting to see if other IE11 users have a similar issue.
I have IE11 at work as well, and I too am getting Resorts on a new line.
Chrome on the same computer does NOT.

josh

Administrator
Staff member
When you open up a website in Internet Explorer it doesn't just automatically say to use literally any other web browser including netscape circa 1997? I'll take a look at it otherwise.

Some of the links are still not resolving correctly. I doubt anyone will remember to do this, but if you see a link like:

http://www.easywdw.com/uncategorized/garden-grill-review-new-liberty-inn-items-holiday-decorations-part-1-epcot-112014/

You can delete the /uncategorized/ and replace it with /easy/blog so it becomes:

http://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/garden-grill-review-new-liberty-inn-items-holiday-decorations-part-1-epcot-112014/

I would not expect anybody to actually do this, but if you're desperate... You can also search for the title of the post and it would come up. Hopefully these problems will otherwise be resolved in the next couple of days.

3dadknight

Josh, I just noticed on the mobile version (not sure about desktop or if it would be any different) that on the "Villas" page, when you click "read more" it takes you to the DVC Magic Resale site rather than your review. You have to click on the title of the review to get to the review. I'm not sure (and don't really think) that you intended to have a disguised link that takes you to a sponsor without notice. I think the problem is that your link falls in the middle of a sentence where you say:

[FONT=source_sans_proregular]This review is sponsored by DVC Magic Resales at [/FONT][Read more...]

The next thing in the body of the review is the websit address for DVC Magic Resales.

Micah008

View attachment 7553
I am seeing the same issue at times without using IE11, I am on Chrome. By making my window a little smaller the issue goes away as it changes to the mobile version, as I make my window a little larger the issue goes away as the word Resorts fits on the same line.

It looks like this isn't just IE11, and really is a screen width/size topic where it doesn't all fit, and IE11 must render something differently where it shows up at more (all?) sizes. (Josh- This related to what I emailed you about, it looks like the breakpoint for the Responsive Mobile version isn't quite at the right spot)

By the way, the official browser at my work is IE11 also. I typically use whatever I want, but there are a few applications that don't work right in other browsers so I am stuck on those.

Micah008

One more suggestion, now that the ads are there on the top and right side... the ad on the right is pushing the orange buttons down off the bottom of the screen, maybe swap the position of those 2 things to keep the buttons up at the top?

TiggerGirl

FWIW it looks perfect on chrome and the ads are targeted at me

on E there's no logo and the ads are disney and universal

the November posts are at the bottom on the page instead of on the left column

J

JulieHFJ

What's up with the reading time widget? I can't imagine that anyone who follows your posts decides whether or not to read something based on that.

Last edited: