Put a video in a post

jandeeah

rescued daughter from turk - that crazy gorilla!
I would like to put a video in my trip report. How do I do that?

pfalcioni

does anybody know how to change this?
I usually post to YouTube, then use the Share link. Click the little film strip showing in the reply box (next to insert link/insert photo at the top of the text box), then add the link from YouTube and it should post.

jandeeah

Okay thanks! I will try it. Yes I am working on more of the report instead of packing.

jandeeah

Well, It says it will take 183 minutes to upload the video. Guess I will not post it tonight but I will get it ready so I just have to add the video.

pfalcioni

does anybody know how to change this?
If you haven't used YouTube before, I don't think it will actually allow you to post a really large video for your first one. You might have to compress it some. What is the file size (hover over the video in your My Pictures file or wherever it is, and the file size should pop up).

M

Merida

I use photobucket and copy and paste the URL into the link tab. I added a video to one of my posts the other day and that's what I did.

jandeeah

322,239 K So far it says it is uploading it just says it is going to take 172 more minutes. If it does not work I will come back in the morning and find out how to compress it.