question from my sweet friend

bamagirl14

Have a friend staying at contemporary in april. How far is the walk from garden wing room to the main tower? Is it difficult to get to main tower for mug refills, meals, etc? Marsi is here with me now so any info re: garden wing will be helpful. Wish I could help her, haha but we all know I'm clueless myself :) Thanks.

stevenmilz

josh's date at akershus
It depends on where in the garden wing. We were in the very end of the wing in May 2010 and it was at least a good 10 to 15 minutes to the "tower center". You have to walk thru the garden wing, outside for a bit, into the lobby of the tower, take a multiple escalators or an elevator and then you're where Contempo Cafe is. Not too bad if you're going for a meal, but to refill that measly little mug I would think it's not worth the effort.

bamagirl14

Steve I told her to ask for tower but the price is quite different. I'll have much more to tell her after I stay at Pop but if one must stay in garden wing, is it still worth the hassle just to be at the contemporary ???

D

Deleted member 519

I've never stayed there, but I would think it is worth it if she's interested in going to MK alot or has ADRs at other monorail properties. you cannot beat the proximity to MK and it's a beautiful resort, at least in my opinion.

George

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tag
Can't mugs be refilled at the counter service place by the pool at CR? This is more convenient to the garden wing.

stevenmilz

josh's date at akershus
I'm pretty sure the only mug refill is at Contempo. The place by the pool is just a pool bar with a few food items, from what I recall (we ate lunch there, maybe sandwiches and salads???). The CR is definitely convenient to MK and used to be one of the places we'd look to stay. We liked the convenience of monorail. It's also "cheaper" (not that it's cheap) than Poly which is IMHO the best of the monorail resorts from a convenience perspective. That said, we've pretty much changed to liking the EPCOT resorts for convenience to both EPCOT and DHS versus CR's convenience to MK. We do like BLT and have stayed there recently (Sep). So I guess the question is -- what is the alure of the CR for your friends? Depending on their answer, other resorts may be better options, probably within the same price range or cheaper.