Quick Credits

2sets1year

When we went in 2011 we discovered that the quick service credits were just listed as a total for the room and not divided by child vs. adult like the table service. So we got in the habit of buying 2 adult quick meals and having the kids split them. (This came in really handy when we got stuck at WDW for 2 extra days due to a snowstorm and had an extra full day (our original travel day) to use our food credits up before having to pay out of pocket on day 2.)

We are just planning out what meals with our ADR coming up and wanted to get a rough idea on the quick meals. This might also help with our picky eaters who were not pleased with some of the kid food options.

blyday

tests unsafe roller coasts in china
Are you asking if the QS credits work the same as they did when you went in 2011?

If so.....that answer is yes? If not....can you please let us know what information you are looking for?

2sets1year

Sorry for the confusion. Yes. Do they work the same way as 2011? So for my family of 6 if I went to order I could order 4 QS adult meals and bring them to the table and we could share the food among us. Hubby and I didn't eat the desserts that came with them so that way the kids each got one and we had MORE then enough food to feed us all.

blyday

tests unsafe roller coasts in china
Okay.....yes....you can still do it that way and get the 4 adult meals and share them with the 6 of you!!

clanmcculloch

expert on dietary needs and disney dining
The only problem you may encounter is that your 4 kids are all under 10. Your KTTW cards (assuming you're in one suite) will show 2A 4C. More CMs these days seem to be limiting people to what is shown on the KTTW cards because that's what was actually paid for when buying the plan so that would mean only 2 adult meals at a time. It's easy to get around that by you and DH splitting up and each ordering 2 meals. It's hard to predict what the CM at the checkout will do so it's probably best (if not too much hassle when also jostling that many kids) to just split up for ordering to begin with.

I'm just imagining the uproar this thread would be causing on that other message board.

DopeyRunr

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts f
Yeah we are 2A 1C and we would typically just split up, I'd get two adult meals in one line and DW would get one in a second line or just wait at a table with DD and then go up when I came back.

LizD

Netflix queue currently at 3,912 - all Disney rela
Yep, when we were there in Oct my husband would take the kids to get a table and I would go up and order 3 or 4 adult meals (depending on the size of the meals.) We had 2A and 3C.

2sets1year

That was my plan to shake it up with adults getting the food and bringing it back. I am guessing this won't work at BOG though since the staff brings you the food?

allgiggles

The only problem you may encounter is that your 4 kids are all under 10. Your KTTW cards (assuming you're in one suite) will show 2A 4C. More CMs these days seem to be limiting people to what is shown on the KTTW cards because that's what was actually paid for when buying the plan so that would mean only 2 adult meals at a time. It's easy to get around that by you and DH splitting up and each ordering 2 meals. It's hard to predict what the CM at the checkout will do so it's probably best (if not too much hassle when also jostling that many kids) to just split up for ordering to begin with.

I'm just imagining the uproar this thread would be causing on that other message board.
Oh, the mods would just lock the thread and lecture you in a PM about posting things that go against "official Disney policy". I got my hands slapped for telling someone the "work around" that you posted in your message. Didn't matter that I stated that this is what a CM told me to do when our DD6 wanted something to eat that wasn't on the children's menu at a QS location. :RpS_rolleyes:

2sets1year

Yikes. Don't want my hand slapped for sure. So glad that things are a bit more relaxed and realistic here.

We have 2 rooms. We have a set in our room and the grandparents have a set. However, we carry our kids cards and then last trip we had to remember where we are at with them all. It was a lot of mental math in 2011 to make sure we didn't use a grandparent credit.

So this trip I decided that the 6 of us would use the 14 QS/Snack credits for the first 14 purchases for each category. Then we will just move to "our room" which will have the 28 QS/Snacks. We do all table meals together so they just add the kids meals to theirs when the bill is split up.

Still works and I'm pretty sure it is officially allowed now with the recent dining plan changes. We were there for 7 days with magic bands and my kids got adult quick service meals every time .