Quick Magic Kingdom Character Update

josh

Administrator
Staff member
I went to Magic Kingdom bright and early this morning. Arrived at 8:25am and proceeded to the far left rope. Was about the second row back. I was first in line at Rapunzel.

The queue was still roped off when I arrived.

The queue starts on this side, which is in the opposite direction of the way you'll be walking in. In other words, you'll be facing the entrance/exit. If you arrive before the queue is open, stand in front of this rope. Rapunzel came out promptly at 9:20am. I was through at 9:23am and on my way to Tinker Bell. I did not see anyone coming from Crystal Palace in the opposite direction and no one from the restaurant beat me there. I can't comment on whether it would be impossible for someone from Crystal Palace to beat someone coming in from the main entrance, but that wasn't the case today. The opening show ended at 8:56am and we were let in to the Park. Amusingly, the family behind me at Rapunzel knew who I was. The picture above was taken right after I met Rapunzel at 9:23am. Probably an hour wait?

I arrived at Tinker Bell's Nook at 9:28am and the posted wait was 15 minutes. I was through at 9:48am. I got in line for Ariel at 9:50am. Again, the queue wasn't set up and there was no attendant around. You can simply get in line by going underneath the ropes or enter the queue by walking down near where she meets and then backtracking up the queue. I was through Ariel at 10:12am. There were originally only six people ahead of me, but then one of the groups added eight more people. And then a very heartbreaking Make A Wish child arrived with what I would imagine was days to live at best. Very sad.

I putzed around a bit taking pictures and made it up to Dumbo at 10:30am, grabbing a Peter Pan's Flight FASTPASS for 11:20am - 12:20pm on the way. I was off Dumbo at 10:46am. Arrived at Barnstormer at 10:47am and disembarked at 10:57am.

At that point, posted wait at Space Mountain and Buzz was 10 minutes. Winnie the Pooh at 20. Peter Pan's Flight at 35. Basically everything else at 5 to 10.

I'll post a better thought out post here in the next day or two. Just thought I would update you on timing of the characters since there had been some recent questions.

josh

Administrator
Staff member
Make sure you look over your pictures at Rapunzel. The lighting is terrible there with shadows everywhere. You'll probably want to use flash even if your camera in automatic mode doesn't deploy it:

Sorry for horrific pose. She made me.

off2neverland

Peanut butter is yummy.
Dumbo at 10:30am, grabbing a Peter Pan's Flight FASTPASS for 11:20am - 12:20pm on the way. I was off Dumbo at 10:46am. Arrived at Barnstormer at 10:47am and disembarked at 10:57am.
16 min for Dumbo, 10 min for Barnstormer at that time if day sounds very nice!

josh

Administrator
Staff member
Just as an example of why it's important to get in line before the character arrives, this is the line at 10:12am:

Janine

this site is awesome. i've never visited, but i l
Hmm... guess we won't be playing there next week.

16 min for Dumbo, 10 min for Barnstormer at that time if day sounds very nice!
I'll assume it was a Josh recommended day.

josh

Administrator
Staff member
Barnstormer hasn't been building waits until about 11:30am. After that, it's pretty consistently about 30 to 40 minutes. It seemed like even over Easter week waits were nominal before 11:30am. It isn't entirely obvious that it's back there, which may play a part. They also move through people pretty quickly considering the capacity of each train is as few as like six people.

puffyjj

With those ropes I presume that one parent wouldn't be able to hold a place in line for the remaining family members would they?

josh

Administrator
Staff member
It's a much tighter fit in that location. I don't think you would be able to weasel your way through the line once people are let into the actual queue. You may be able to meet up with the rest of the group through the exit when it's your turn.

casperjj

Wonderful! Thanks Josh! Helps big time with two of our MK days as Ariel is a must do and we're considering Tink.

josh

Administrator
Staff member
You want to try to arrive about ten minutes early for Ariel. So if you end up being further back for Rapunzel and don't get over to Adventureland until 9:40am or something, I would probably not do Tinker Bell first. Tinker Bell meets continuously and her queue is air conditioned and at least a tiny bit interesting if you get close enough to watch the monitor and see the artwork. Ariel will take a ton of breaks and her queue is outdoors. It's covered, but still much hotter than inside.

Ferg

on josh's private jet to tokyo disneysea...someday
Good info! So would a first timer have a hard time trying to find the Ariel meet prior to her 10:00 start?

josh

Administrator
Staff member
After you cross the bridge into Adventureland from the Hub it's directly on your right before you arrive at Aloha Isle or Swiss Family Robinson. The door to Tinker Bell's Nook will be to the left.

selena1075

You have to be the cutest Disney blogger out there. Thanks for this info. All 3 of those girly meets are on our list!

Mike

Hot damn I love the mucho megapixel shots, I would love to see those on the main page... granted I'm sure it would put you in the poor house with bandwidth usage but still a man can dream :D

BeckyW

Thanks for the update - this is similar to what we'll be attempting in Oct.... although I'll be curious to see if/when they have the new Princess location established, and if Rapunzel will be moved yet again??