Rant thread

M

Merida

Yuck!!

Mice don't scare me, but when I see them unexpectedly, dead or alive, they freak me out!!

I saw one in our breezeway the other week and it really freaked me out, so I dealt with it by leaving the door to the garage open to give it a chance to escape (and then I later crossed my fingers and hoped that I didn't actually give the rest of its family a chance to come in!!)

vatmark

wears a coca-cola shirt to club cool just in case
There is a dead mouse between the moisture barrier under our house and the floor!! IT STINKS!! We are a few days from Christmas!!! Poor Jay is in the crawl space cutting spots and digging around trying to find it. GROSS!!!
Gross!!!!! :yuck:

I know there's a mouse in our garage. He ate through the plastic of the bird seed bag and started eating the sunflower seeds.

Ann

pfalcioni

does anybody know how to change this?
Poor Jay! I am willing to get filthy dirty and crawl around on the ground, but I can't make myself go under the house - too confined, too dusty, too spiderey. I am eternally grateful that I married a guy who is willing to do whatever it takes (including crawling under the house) if needed. Guys like that are hard to find!

Hope he finds the darned thing. That smell is just so sickening.

Pampered Mom

After that story, I'm really glad we have basements in New England.
Have you ever gone in your basement? We had lots of mousetraps in ours when I was a kid. My parents moved to another house in the same town about 12 years ago. It was nicknamed the snake pit. I will never go in that basement since they found a 6' snakeskin there and named it Big Bertha. They never actually saw Big Bertha, just a huge ball of snakes coiled under the well cover.

Poor Jay. That is really a tough job.

When our furnace stopped working last month, the guy found 2 dead mice blocking the flue. Thankfully I have seen no evidence of mice in our house. And thankfully the last 2 times we stayed at my dad's house in CT I did not hear any mice during the night.

Our furnace has not been working right since Mon. morning. I kept trying to get the guy who came last month but he was busy, his voicemail was full, then he stopped calling me back. Today I finally called another company and a guy was out within 45 minutes. Now instead of the furnace working just a wee bit, it's not working at all. He had to turn it off and order a drainage tube replacement kit. Fingers are crossed that it's in by Mon. so we can get some heat back before my dad arrives Mon. afternoon. Thankfully it's supposed to get into the upper 60s this weekend.

Janine

this site is awesome. i've never visited, but i l
Not saying that we don't have mice... just saying that they're easier to get to :RpS_cool:

clanmcculloch

expert on dietary needs and disney dining
Our mice and/or other rodents are in our attic. Our basement's finished and too active for them. It's disturbing to hear the little critters' little feet scratching overhead.

DisneyMom

Nice grab; this username is going to be worth more
Anyone else far enough north to be in the east coast ice storm path? Our power went out this afternoon and I'll be surprised if we have it back for Christmas.

blyday

tests unsafe roller coasts in china
Anyone else far enough north to be in the east coast ice storm path? Our power went out this afternoon and I'll be surprised if we have it back for Christmas.
That would be terrible!! Sending you pixie dust that they are able to get it restored in time for Christmas at least. Feeling very blessed that I'm not in that. (It rained today and yesterday but the temps were in the 70s yesterday and upper 50s today.)

casperjj

Thankfully it bypassed us... well pretty much so in comparison to how its hitting other areas. It took me 30min to scrap the ice off my van to head to work today but other than that, no ill effects. Keeping my fingers crossed that your electric is up and running soon. I prepped expecting the worse but the majority for us would have hit last Sunday so I never even anticipated not having electricity for Christmas.

deebee

We feel very lucky. We are in SW Ontario, and didn't get too much freezing rain at all - the storm hit here Saturday night. My sister lives an hour away, and has no electricity still. Thankfully they have 2 gas fireplaces, and a gas stove, so they aren't freezing or starving. My son lives in Toronto, and it's pretty bad there. Thousands of people will have no power for Christmas, and it might be next weekend before they can get all the lights back on. Not the Christmas they were hoping for. :RpS_sad:

DisneyMom

Nice grab; this username is going to be worth more
That should be backup heat, not head. I wish some days I had a backup head...lol.

vatmark

wears a coca-cola shirt to club cool just in case
Ugh! According to UPS tracking they say they left my package at the front door last night at 9:30pm. We were home and I checked the porch several times and did one last check at 11pm before going up to bed. There was no package. I checked this morning as well hoping maybe it would be there....nope! So now I don't know where my package is. This was a gift for DH for Christmas. :RpS_cursing:

Ann

goofyfan6698

Ugh! According to UPS tracking they say they left my package at the front door last night at 9:30pm. We were home and I checked the porch several times and did one last check at 11pm before going up to bed. There was no package. I checked this morning as well hoping maybe it would be there....nope! So now I don't know where my package is. This was a gift for DH for Christmas. :RpS_cursing:

Ann
Oh No! Do they deliver your stuff to neighbor's homes by accident. We have had that happen quite a bit this holiday season. I hope it turns up!

DixieMitch

Ann
UPS did the same thing to me. The only expensive present I had ordered, and I get an email from Target saying "Your package has been delivered!" My husband was working from home that day, so I asked him to go out and get it off the porch. And....there's nothing there. I called UPS, and the rep asks me to check with other family members and my neighbors and look in "other locations." None of our neighbors had it. I call them back and they said to give it two days. Then package mysteriously shows up on the doorstep the next morning. Oh well. Ann, I hope yours shows up soon!

pfalcioni

does anybody know how to change this?
That sucks!

Check first to see that the address on the order is correct - I know that sounds silly, but I mis-typed our address on a recent order so that's fresh in my mind!

If it is, then go directly to the UPS site to track it if you're using the store's tracking system. The UPS system has a bit more information usually - so if there's an exception, or it'll say "left on back porch" or "left with customer" this can sometimes give you a clue.

If that doesn't help, call 800 PICK UPS and unfortunately deal with their stupid call center.