Rant thread

Goofballs

Our local school district foundation has just announced a partnership with the local cable internet provider to accept donations to provide internet services for the school year to students that do not have access.

paxsarah

All of this is why I felt mostly relief when our district announced all virtual and didn't give us a choice (and then I feel guilty for feeling relieved, because obviously what is manageable if not desirable for us is very difficult for many).
Same. There is a lot of concern and a lot of local brainstorming about how to provide support for students for whom full virtual learning is a challenge - daycare, learning pods, etc. At-home learning simply didn't happen for some students in the spring, and while the 4th quarter of last school year was basically just a review/write-off for everyone in our district, we can't settle for that again.

Strangeite

very noble of the monopoly cable company to help raise money to pay itself
And I would wager a fair sum, they plan to only provide this "service" in areas that are already served, so the actual out of pocket cost to them would be negligible. But as I said, I have become militant on this issue.

While you add mores fees, the people need online! Your days are numbered, you monopolistic swine! ¡Viva la Revolución!