Ratatouille virtual queue

Art Vandelay

that's a shame
Just curious...to join the virtual queue, you need an Epcot reservation; if for some reason, the virtual queue is full when you try to get it at 7 AM, can you then change your park reservation (obviously, based upon availability) and go to a different park?

RetroCOTfan

FWIW, I was just there on Monday - first time riding Ratatouille. Did Boo Bash the night before, so we slept in and I didn't even try at 7 a.m. Tried at 1:00 and got a boarding group easily. Even with the ride going down for a bit, our group was called about 6:00.

I'll also note for timing purposes, though, that once they called our group we waited about 45 minutes in the lengthy queue (mostly outdoor switchbacks) before boarding the ride. That line did move almost constantly, though, which helps.

bnoble

he's right
There will be a standby line as of next week right?
Not necessarily. At least, I haven't seen an announcement.

BGs have been available into the hopping window on some days, and if you are in the park while they are still available you can get one. You can also buy your way on if you really want to.

josh

Administrator
Staff member
It will be interesting to see what Disney does with standby, lighting lane, a la carte lightning lane, virtual queues, wait time manipulation, and all of this. It's definitely going to be a * next to those wait times in a few days when the Genie comes online. But at least it looks like things will begin to normalize. It's kind of been the pits to say "welllll...I don't really know" about a particular situation when I could tell you the wait time or arrival procedure with some pretty specific clarity for years, and now there are like 90 different scenarios. We'll sort it all out on one or another.

BoSoxGal

It will be interesting to see what Disney does with standby, lighting lane, a la carte lightning lane, virtual queues, wait time manipulation, and all of this. It's definitely going to be a * next to those wait times in a few days when the Genie comes online. But at least it looks like things will begin to normalize. It's kind of been the pits to say "welllll...I don't really know" about a particular situation when I could tell you the wait time or arrival procedure with some pretty specific clarity for years, and now there are like 90 different scenarios. We'll sort it all out on one or another.
Looking forward to it!

tiggr88

prefers quisp over quake
Has Disney said anything about what happens to Remy starting 10/19? Will it stay VQ or go standby? Seems odd to be both ILL and VQ. At 7AM do you try for VQ and if not get it try ILL? Do we think both will sell out immediately at 7? Will there still be a second drop at 1PM?

My daughter has a trip from 10/19-10/26 and trying to plan with all of the G+ and ILL uncertainty is killing me.

Art Vandelay

that's a shame
Bumping this one with a new question.

Can/should we use multiple phones, signed into the same MDE account, to get the boarding group at 7 AM?

crumjack

If you are trying for ILL and virtual, yes. If not, might as well if you can but my entire one day of experience says no.

I do use Josh’s tip from Rise if using the US Naval clock to countdown close to the exact time.

George

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tag
RE: Boarding Groups. What time would Boarding Group 2 be called, for Ratatouille and for ROTR? Ideally it'd be nice to be able to knock off a few RD attractions before getting to RAT or ROTR.

Micah008

Staff member
RE: Boarding Groups. What time would Boarding Group 2 be called, for Ratatouille and for ROTR? Ideally it'd be nice to be able to knock off a few RD attractions before getting to RAT or ROTR.
We had Boarding Group 1 once for RotR, and it was called about 8:40, so before the park officially opened... which as you can see is not ideal. The good news was even then we were able to do 3-4 RD attractions first, and we aimed for more like 9:30 a little before our window closed.

I think it was something like 1-10 all called at the same time, so 2 would be the same.

bnoble

he's right
For Rise, they went so fast that you couldn't easily time it. For Rat, it might be a little different, but that might also depend (a lot) on how crowded it is that day. This might be a reason to pay for it---then you can pick the time, and for a smaller group that might be worth doing.

tiggr88

prefers quisp over quake
Just to clarify, ROTR dies not have BGs any more. If you buy an ILL$, you should be able to schedule your time. If you do it at 7AM, most time slots should be available.

tiggr88

prefers quisp over quake
I haven't heard of any Rat's starting before opening, which would mean 10AM most days if you get in the first few BGs.