Recipes?

Cathivee

Anyone else baking like crazy since this whole quarantine started? So far I've made three batches of chocolate chip cookies, banana bread, banana chocolate chip muffins, banana peanut butter bread with peanut butter chocolate icing, and sugar cookies. I saw today that Disney came out with their churro recipe. Anyone try it or have any recipes for their favorite Disney dessert they want to share? If I make another banana recipe I will go crazy lol

D

Deleted member 519

Anyone else baking like crazy since this whole quarantine started? So far I've made three batches of chocolate chip cookies, banana bread, banana chocolate chip muffins, banana peanut butter bread with peanut butter chocolate icing, and sugar cookies. I saw today that Disney came out with their churro recipe. Anyone try it or have any recipes for their favorite Disney dessert they want to share? If I make another banana recipe I will go crazy lol
Yep I have way too much.

Mrs Darling

I ordered groceries for curbside pickup today (1st time trying this service) and I added all the ingredients to try Disney's dole whip recipe they posted. Trying to keep my expectations low though. I'm not much of a baker so I haven't been baking. Plus the amount of dishes we've been going through is keeping me from being tempted to generate more. George's recipes over on the keeping busy thread have inspired me to search out some new meal recipes though.

Goofballs

Strange, I could no longer find it on Disney Parks blog. But here is the recipe from GoodMorningAmerica.com’s story about Disney Parks releasing it:

“Here's the simple recipe for the parks' famous pineapple dessert:
Ingredients:
  • 1 scoop vanilla ice cream
  • 4 oz. of pineapple juice
  • 2 cups of frozen pineapple
Instructions:
  1. Add all ingredients into a blender until it's a thick drink
  2. Add a swirl”

Reactions: Nia

ThemeParkCommando

We've started following a YouTube channel called "Feast of Fiction" for new food. We cooked Kronk's spinach puffs just last week, and they were awesome.
The channel group finds food in animation, and creates the recipes. They have Olaf's Ice Cream, Ratatouille from Ratatouille, and how to make Spaghetti and Meatballs for your dog, from Lady and the Tramp.

They also do recipes from some of our favorite Anime, such as the Gotcha! Pork Roast from Food Wars. We've added that as a regular, it's SO good. (not really pork roast, but Potato & Mushroom loaf wrapped in bacon!) and Omurice.

My daughter just discovered Buddha's hand at her local grocery this weekend, and she's trying out that new spice. It sounds interesting, so now I want to try it.

Mrs Darling

Strange, I could no longer find it on Disney Parks blog. But here is the recipe from GoodMorningAmerica.com’s story about Disney Parks releasing it:

“Here's the simple recipe for the parks' famous pineapple dessert:
Ingredients:
  • 1 scoop vanilla ice cream
  • 4 oz. of pineapple juice
  • 2 cups of frozen pineapple
Instructions:
  1. Add all ingredients into a blender until it's a thick drink
  2. Add a swirl”
We found that you had to play around with the temperature a bit to get the right consistency. It worked best with half the pineapple thawed. We've made it 3 times with it being too thick (all frozen), too thin(canned) & then just right (half of them thawed.)

Strangeite

It isn't a Disney recipe, but since many might not be doing Thanksgiving outside their household, this is my absolutely favorite turkey recipe for a smaller crowd. You do have to have a sous vide but the price of them has dropped considerably over the past few years. We have made it three times and every person that has tried it has said it is the best turkey they have ever eaten.

Anne

It isn't a Disney recipe, but since many might not be doing Thanksgiving outside their household, this is my absolutely favorite turkey recipe for a smaller crowd. You do have to have a sous vide but the price of them has dropped considerably over the past few years. We have made it three times and every person that has tried it has said it is the best turkey they have ever eaten.

Thank you thank you thank you! I'm just starting Thanksgiving planning. I've only hosted Thanksgiving once so don't have any great recipes or routine.

Anne

We've started following a YouTube channel called "Feast of Fiction" for new food. We cooked Kronk's spinach puffs just last week, and they were awesome.
The channel group finds food in animation, and creates the recipes. They have Olaf's Ice Cream, Ratatouille from Ratatouille, and how to make Spaghetti and Meatballs for your dog, from Lady and the Tramp.

They also do recipes from some of our favorite Anime, such as the Gotcha! Pork Roast from Food Wars. We've added that as a regular, it's SO good. (not really pork roast, but Potato & Mushroom loaf wrapped in bacon!) and Omurice.

My daughter just discovered Buddha's hand at her local grocery this weekend, and she's trying out that new spice. It sounds interesting, so now I want to try it.
We are going to have to try the spinach puffs. My husband loves that movie and was disgruntled that the tee from the wine and dine 5 K had Kronk with a platter of meat instead of spinach puffs.

Strangeite

Thank you thank you thank you! I'm just starting Thanksgiving planning. I've only hosted Thanksgiving once so don't have any great recipes or routine.
The skin is ridiculously good. There is a fair amount labor involved but also pretty fool-proof.

George

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tag
I'm always reminded of this video around this time of year.

Funny, and true.

The one thing I'd correct is to not wash the turkey. It will be cooked enough to kill any creepy crawlers, and the act of washing poultry is dangerous as it's much easier to cross-contaminate your sink and anything else the aerosolized water droplets might touch.

Goofballs

Funny, and true.

The one thing I'd correct is to not wash the turkey. It will be cooked enough to kill any creepy crawlers, and the act of washing poultry is dangerous as it's much easier to cross-contaminate your sink and anything else the aerosolized water droplets might touch.
Darn 2020. aerosolized droplets strike again.

ThemeParkCommando

Funny, and true.

Unless you have brined the turkey. Don't wash before brining, but definitely wash after brining, if you want the skin to be at all edible. Just speaking from experience.

George

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tag
Unless you have brined the turkey. Don't wash before brining, but definitely wash after brining, if you want the skin to be at all edible. Just speaking from experience.

Well, yes; rinse anything after brining. But not to "clean" it, as the video implies.

Anne

The skin is ridiculously good. There is a fair amount labor involved but also pretty fool-proof.

The sous vide turkey was a hit. Older son said "This is the best turkey I've had in my whole life! Well, it's only 9 years, but still the best turkey."

We had been contemplating a sous vide for awhile and this recipe was what pushed us into finally getting one. So far I've only done chicken breast as a trial run and this turkey. They were both very moist. The one thing I noticed was a more rubbery feel when slicing the meat. Both were done early and held in the bath for 20-25 minutes after. Was that what did it, or is this just the expected texture for poultry in the sous vide?

DopeyRunr

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts f
Hard to say. Possibly because you cooked it to the exact temperature whereas in the past you might have overcooked it?

Strangeite

The sous vide turkey was a hit. Older son said "This is the best turkey I've had in my whole life! Well, it's only 9 years, but still the best turkey."

We had been contemplating a sous vide for awhile and this recipe was what pushed us into finally getting one. So far I've only done chicken breast as a trial run and this turkey. They were both very moist. The one thing I noticed was a more rubbery feel when slicing the meat. Both were done early and held in the bath for 20-25 minutes after. Was that what did it, or is this just the expected texture for poultry in the sous vide?

I tend to cook poultry toward the upper range on the charts because while the lower temperatures produce unbelievably moist meat, the texture is different and turns some people off.

The Cook's Illustrated method for doing poached eggs in the shell is great when cooking for a crowd (if we ever get to do that again) and Kenji's ribs might be my favorite thing I have made with ours.