Recommended Face Masks

josh

Administrator
Staff member
You may have seen my recommendation for these masks on Twitter. But if you are smart and stay off of Twitter then perhaps you have not:

Here is the direct link:

I have received 100% positive feedback from the people who have taken the recommendation. If you run into me, the Brickers, or an assortment of others, you will see us wearing them. The material is very breathable, almost like you're not wearing a mask. But they say they still offer as good of protection as you could hope for from this kind of thing. They are far and away the most comfortable mask I've worn and I've tried a variety of disposables, cloth, etc.

They do take a while to ship because they are a small company, so I would put in an order sooner rather than later. If you did not have luck with the masks or have another recommendation, feel free to share either as well.

George

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tag
You may have seen my recommendation for these masks on Twitter. But if you are smart and stay off of Twitter then perhaps you have not:

Here is the direct link:

I have received 100% positive feedback from the people who have taken the recommendation. If you run into me, the Brickers, or an assortment of others, you will see us wearing them. The material is very breathable, almost like you're not wearing a mask. But they say they still offer as good of protection as you could hope for from this kind of thing. They are far and away the most comfortable mask I've worn and I've tried a variety of disposables, cloth, etc.

They do take a while to ship because they are a small company, so I would put in an order sooner rather than later. If you did not have luck with the masks or have another recommendation, feel free to share either as well.

I did take your recommendation and just received mine. I do like them a lot, as they're very comfortable. I like the adjustable ear loops, as you can make them as tight or loose as you'd like.

They do ship USPS, and arrived a day after they were supposed to. I get the Informed Delivery e-mails every day, and they didn't arrive the day the package showed up in the e-mail.

Anne

We love them. So much we made a 2nd order. Smalls fit well for the kids. My husband needs a large. I can wear either but prefer the large. I haven't found a mask I like more than this one

Strangeite

We love them. So much we made a 2nd order. Smalls fit well for the kids. My husband needs a large. I can wear either but prefer the large. I haven't found a mask I like more than this one
How old are your kids? I just placed an order for myself, wife and oldest daughter, but worried that the small would still be too big for my 10 year old.

George

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tag
How old are your kids? I just placed an order for myself, wife and oldest daughter, but worried that the small would still be too big for my 10 year old.
I can't answer your question, but I do know the adult mask is quite roomy on me, but the adjustable ear loops do wonders as far as assuring a nice snug (or loose, if you want) fit. I'd presume the same would be true of the kid's size.

Anne

8 and 9 year old boys. I would think it would fit well for a 10 year old, even a smaller 10 year old.

Strangeite

I can't answer your question, but I do know the adult mask is quite roomy on me, but the adjustable ear loops do wonders as far as assuring a nice snug (or loose, if you want) fit. I'd presume the same would be true of the kid's size.
I love my current masks with adjustable ear loops. I did order the ear loops and the tie ones to experiment. I am becoming something of a mask connoisseur.

8 and 9 year old boys. I would think it would fit well for a 10 year old, even a smaller 10 year old.
I saw your original post five minutes after I placed my order, I wish I had seen it 1 minute earlier.

TiggerGirl

i have found some masks that I can wear all day (which I had to do until recently thankfully) but if I yawn or talk for an extended period of time I suck it into my mouth LOL and it also gets ....moist....ew....right in front of my mouth ....but again - they have been the only masks that I can wear for any extended period of time.

if you have one of these suggested masks- do they get sucked into your mouth or moist? if not I will try them

josh

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I suppose if you breathe in hard you are bound to breathe in the fabric.

Potentially you could try this: https://www.amazon.com/Activated-Breathing-Protective-Pollution-Activities/dp/B085L9HFV6/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=mask+filter&qid=1599226237&sr=8-5 I used those with cloth masks and it will keep the masks off of your mouth.

Or a friend said a dryer sheet helped with the recommended masks above. I don't find myself breathing in the fabric much. You'll probably want to bring two or three masks per day to the park to switch them out. It's a lot more comfortable with a fresh one on your face.

Snickers

Just something to keep in mind when balancing comfort and function.

I saw a simple test to measure the effectiveness of your mask. Put it on and try to blow out a candle (like on a birthday cake) from about a foot away. If you can, the mask is too thin. If you can't the material is dense enough to serve as a proper barrier.

Anne

i have found some masks that I can wear all day (which I had to do until recently thankfully) but if I yawn or talk for an extended period of time I suck it into my mouth LOL and it also gets ....moist....ew....right in front of my mouth ....but again - they have been the only masks that I can wear for any extended period of time.

if you have one of these suggested masks- do they get sucked into your mouth or moist? if not I will try them
I have not had that issue with the mask Josh recommends. Any mask that has a shaping piece around the nose (which this mask has) will probably be a better option because it will keep the fabric a little further out from your mouth. You'll want to avoid the straight across rectangle masks.

I have a friend who likes this one for exercise because the center seam boning "keeps the fabric out of your mouth" which sounds like exactly what you are looking for.

I have a pack of the Suays on the way. So far I've had pretty good success with these: https://shop.atoms.com/products/everyday-face-mask. I wear them for cycling classes. Nothing is going to be truly comfortable when you're sweating profusely and sucking wind, but these are definitely a solid choice. I also bought a pack of adhesive metal nose pieces on Amazon to retrofit some of my masks...that could be an inexpensive fix for some that aren't quite right.

glenmetz

I didn't notice anyone mention using the above masks with glasses? Can anyone report back on fogging issues? It's probably my #1 complaint with wearing a mask is the fogging of glasses. Thanks.

josh

Administrator
Staff member
The mornings are not your friend 😬 but it hasn't been as much of an issue as I was expecting. If it's particularly humid you are in some amount of trouble any way you look at it. I had one particularly bad evening at Disney Springs a couple of weeks ago. But I wear glasses and 98% of the time I'm fine with the Suay. My camera lenses get foggier typically.

beachta1

Here is the direct link:

Josh, are you an influencer now?!

paxsarah

Can anybody who's been using these masks tell me whether they're single or multi-layer? My daughter's Girl Scout troop has been making masks for fundraising (which means in reality, I've been making a lot of masks lately with some assistance from her) and if I get my hands on some of this material, I wonder how many modifications I'll need to make to my usual 2- or 3-layer cloth mask patterns. (These would just be for the family, not part of the fundraiser.)

Micah008

Staff member
Mine arrived last week. They have 2 layers, with the stitching hidden in between the layers to give a really clean look even at the seams.

The company actually shares their instructions and pattern for making them: