Refused AP price bridge

puffyjj

Guest services at AK refused to price bridge tickets from undercover tourist. I politely advised that this isn't correct but they wouldn't budge. Any suggestions?

AngiTN

Guest services at AK refused to price bridge tickets from undercover tourist. I politely advised that this isn't correct but they wouldn't budge. Any suggestions?
Need more info. When you say refused what did they refuse exactly? To give you any credit at all towards an AP? What reason given? My suggestion is ask for a supervisor or go elsewhere

AngiTN

Also, you can go to a ticket counter. You don't have to go to guest services. Try there instead too

puffyjj

They declined to credit the disney 7 day hopper ticket price and would only credit the UT discounted ticket price. I did speak to the supervisor. She said they would bridge at disney price if we upgraded to an 8 day ticket but not an AP. Meanwhile I hope I don't get stuck paying for parking all week until i find somewhere that will bridge it correctly.

AngiTN

Ah, ok. That is a recurring problem. About half the CM want to do it that way for an unknown reason. It's not the correct procedure, as confirmed by a CM working in ticketing. But can not find a reason why the info is not passed out correctly to all CM.

I would try a ticket counter vs. a GS counter as my next step. I have had issues myself and I was just adamant about what I paid and remained insistent about not accepting less and said I would just go elsewhere and do it later if they wouldn't budge. They finally agreed and said they'd "make notes" accordingly. Mine was to renew my AP. Though we did it to do our initial purchase of the AP too. That went easier. They are getting harder and harder to do. Probably done trying to bridge myself. Just too hard now

DopeyRunr

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts f
The same thing happened to me, and if I'm not mistaken it was also at the AK guest services. They had already cancelled out the ticket so I was unable to leave and try elsewhere, which is what I would otherwise have done. So many conflicting stories of what they "should do" vs. "actually did" and with the change to the expiring tickets it added an additional differing value level to credit third-party tickets.

ChristineOH

AK Guest Services was where I had a CM tell me he couldn't refund my MM when we upgraded to AP. I went ahead with the upgrade, and emailed Guest Services. I had a credit by the next day.

I guess avoid AK Guest Services when dealing with upgrades!

DopeyRunr

I guess avoid AK Guest Services when dealing with upgrades!
That does seem to be the takeaway, huh? Although my experience was about two years ago, and I'd have to believe the staff has turned over there at least 2-3x since.

AngiTN

The same thing happened to me, and if I'm not mistaken it was also at the AK guest services. They had already cancelled out the ticket so I was unable to leave and try elsewhere, which is what I would otherwise have done. So many conflicting stories of what they "should do" vs. "actually did" and with the change to the expiring tickets it added an additional differing value level to credit third-party tickets.
Wow canceled your ticket? So you'd have just lost it completely? I realize it was too long ago to matter now but I don't get how they can get away with that one.

DopeyRunr

Wow canceled your ticket? So you'd have just lost it completely? I realize it was too long ago to matter now but I don't get how they can get away with that one.
Yeah I was furious and posted about it at the time. When I had given up showing them how much I *should* be credited for I asked for my park hoppers back but they had already been cancelled and the annual passes activated. They couldn't undo the transaction. In hindsight I should have asked them to generate new park hoppers to replace what I had given them but we had been there for close to an hour by then so I just paid the extra and gtfo. I think it was about $150/ticket x 3 so kind of a big deal.

DopeyRunr

I think my brain would have locked up between the conflicting emotions of not wanting to waste more time and not wanting to lose the money.
I definitely had vapor lock. Otherwise I just would have insisted on them issuing me new park hoppers, which they definitely could have done. I was so mad!

puffyjj

Thanks for the replies everyone. I ended up upgrading to AP for me with their weird price (actually gave me credit for $50 more than I paid) intending to keep trying for the kids. Got rejected at AK ticket window and HS guest relations before I was successful at HS ticket window. No questions asked from that rockstar. Not all heros wear capes.

Anne

Ugh! I'm planning to do this same thing in December, upgrade an UCT 7 day hopper to an AP for my husband. I'm even less excited about it now. At least I already have my AP so we have the whole week to try and get his ticket changed over.

kmc8826

Ugh! I'm planning to do this same thing in December, upgrade an UCT 7 day hopper to an AP for my husband. I'm even less excited about it now. At least I already have my AP so we have the whole week to try and get his ticket changed over.
Between upgrading tickets that we are actually using to non used UCT tickets to an AP certificates I have done it many different times. I realize any CM can work anywhere and it is the luck of the draw, but at the same time I have had consistently the best luck at Epcot at the Guest Services outside the park. Last time I thought maybe it would be faster at the TTC so I did it there, and that was the only time I have had someone give me the wrong number first. Basically I just play dumb and say ask how much to upgrade to an AP. If it is too much (they don't know to take the extra step) my plan is to say okay and take the ticket back and try again somewhere else. That is what almost happened last time I did it at TTC; when I said never mind she was like "oh wait...it is actually X price."

mhnewcomb

Oh boy...this should be fun. I'm first-time upgrading myself and my daughters on October 7th upon arrival, so we can save on our February Arts Fest trip. We are headed to HS that day, and I had already planned to hit the ticket office there. Can anyone tell me the pre-February price of a 7-day hopper, (2018 expire) or point me in the direction of that information? Our tix are UCT and we got them for a great price on a 4 +3 deal...I could live with it if I only got the UCT value, but I'm going to try for the normal value, if I can get it.

AngiTN

I have always heard that the best place to "bridge" was TTC.
There is no best place. Per the CM that works in ticketing, they move to all ticketing offices, none of them work in any one location. So guest A could encounter CM A at TTC and have a great experience. Well, next shift CM A moves to HS so Guest B gets that CM there and has a great experience at HS and Guest C at TTC gets CM C and has a horrible experience at TTC. There is no rhyme or reason or consistent location.

There is some slight advantage to a ticket counter over a GS office as the Ticketing CM know tickets better (a tiny bit) than GS because they work tickets 100% and GS works everything. Also, there can be some drawbacks to Epcot for the sole reason that this is where they'll place the International CM and sometimes you can have a slight language barrier which can slow things down.