Renting through VRBO

drischar

an enigma wrapped in bacon, deepfried and drizzled
I've narrowed my choices down to this one for our Oct trip. My only concern is that there is only 1 review posted. May I ask for someone familiar with off-site rental to please review this listing. Do you see any red flags? What additional information should I request from the owner?

http://www.vrbo.com/261249

Thank you for your help.

bnoble

he's right
Owners control their guestbooks on VRBO. I would not worry about a lack of reviews (nor would I put a lot of stock in the ones you do see).

This listing looks okay to me. It's a tad close to the Western Expy, but maybe not a problem. Remember: you don't need the perfect house. You just need a really good one. And, the time you spend looking has value too.

mousehelper

will grab your arm
We have a house we always stay in at IndiAn Creek that we found thru Vrbo. The development is fine. Most of the houses look the same! We have not had any issues.
I do have a friend that owns a 5 bedroom in Indian Creek that she rents out. It's called SouthBrier, I think.
But-- the house you posted looks lovely, and if it meets all your criteria, then I'd take the leap.
:RpS_unsure:

drischar

I had looked at Southbriar but it is unavailable for our dates. Thank you for your oppinions. Hoping to book this week and check that off the to-do list.:RpS_smile:

drischar

I requested, and quickly received, additional reviews from the owner. I also got a little pixie dust when he confirmed the price. I thought the nightly price he quoted me was before tax but it actually already included tax, so the total was less than I was expecting. :RpS_w00t::RpS_thumbsup: I will be booking in the next couple of days.