Resort Parking Fees Coming? (rumor)

BeckyW

Agreed George.

Apparently DVC guests still keep free parking.

Rates as follows:

• Deluxe Resorts: $25/night
  • Moderate Resorts: $19/night
  • Value Resorts: $13/night
And Valet parking is jumping to $33

Nia

I guess the win twice. You pay the car parking fee - more money for Disney. You don't hire car - you stay in the bubble and spend all your cash there!

BeckyW

Our next trip is 16 nights, it won't be fun to have this added to our cost.
Word on the street is that it is for reservations booked after 3/21. So not just those traveling after 3/21, but those whose booking date falls after 3/21. So you should be safe ;)

Nia

I'm unmoved. You Europeans pay $30/night for rooms and get free dining! :RpS_laugh:

Lol, I wish - 7 700 usd is Disney cost of our trip! Flights, car, spends are on top of this. I am not sure where the 30 usd per night came from! We do get good deals, so fair point I guess.

George

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tag
Lol, I wish - 7 700 usd is the cost of Disney portion of our trip! Flights car spends are on top of this. I am not sure where the 30 usd per night came from! We do get good deals, so fair point I guess.
I was exaggerating. :RpS_wink:

DopeyRunr

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts f
Off the top of my head:
1) Additional revenue with minimal additional cost
2) Incentive for guests to eliminate rental car which keeps them on-site
3) Potentially frees parking spaces for locals to dine at resorts
4) Some additional value added to DVC membership
5) Probably eliminates off-site guests using resort parking lots as loophole to avoid daily fee at parks

Also:
1) Shifts balance for a number of families to off-site resorts (but with occupancy high, probably minimal impact)
2) Reduces amount of cars rented (by a meaningful amount - probably not)
3) At least it's not a resort fee!

Nia

the roomer is - it won't impact UK and Irish guests. We will get it free, same as we get the photo pass with our tickets

with the 30 usd room and the free dinning, soon they will be paying us to visit

(kidding by the way!)

Nia

Off the top of my head:
1) Additional revenue with minimal additional cost
2) Incentive for guests to eliminate rental car which keeps them on-site
3) Potentially frees parking spaces for locals to dine at resorts
4) Some additional value added to DVC membership
5) Probably eliminates off-site guests using resort parking lots as loophole to avoid daily fee at parks

Also:
1) Shifts balance for a number of families to off-site resorts (but with occupancy high, probably minimal impact)
2) Reduces amount of cars rented (by a meaningful amount - probably not)
3) At least it's not a resort fee!
Less emissions - greener Disney too

stevenmilz

josh's date at akershus
Boy this pretty much sucks for folks like me who live close enough to drive (6 hrs). If the room rates were reasonable priced, which they aren't anymore, I could be OK with this as we often pay a parking fee when staying offsite. But if we can now stay offsite for ½ the price (or more) I can't imagine us going back to our favorite POFQ anytime soon unless we find a killer AP or FL resident deal. One more reason to not renew our APs which we've had for 8 years...

Nia

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_GB/guest-services/parking/

Resort Hotels

Registered Guests:
Overnight Self-Parking

• Effective for reservations made March 21, 2018 and thereafter, standard overnight self-parking is available to registered Guests for a fee that will be applied to their hotel folio upon check-out. All parking fees include applicable tax.
Standard Overnight Parking charges per Resort Category:

• Disney Value Resorts: $13 per night
  • Disney Moderate Resorts: $19 per night
  • Disney Deluxe and Deluxe Villa Resorts: $24 per night
Complimentary standard parking is available to Guests staying at the Campsites at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort. Each campsite provides parking space for one (1) motorized vehicle.
Valet Parking
Valet Parking is available at select Disney Deluxe Resorts and Disney Deluxe Villas for $33 per night (sales tax included).

Guests with Disabilities
Designated parking areas are available throughout Walt Disney World Resort for Guests with disabilities. A valid disability parking permit is required.
Learn more about services for Guests with disabilities.

Disney Vacation Club Members
Members will not be charged for standard overnight self-parking when staying at a DVC Deluxe Villa, regardless of whether they use vacation points or another form of payment. Members also will not be charged to park when using vacation points to stay at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel.

Day Guests
Complimentary standard self-parking is available while enjoying select dining, shopping, entertainment, and recreation experiences at Disney Resort hotels.

Nia

it's official. Europeans aren't excluded, just the reservations made before March 21. free parking is no longer a perk for onsite guest, just they are taking it differently

bnoble

he's right
Disney Vacation Club Members
Members will not be charged for standard overnight self-parking when staying at a DVC Deluxe Villa, regardless of whether they use vacation points or another form of payment. Members also will not be charged to park when using vacation points to stay at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel.
This almost certainly means it's a Member perk, and not available to non-grandfathered resale owners. It also almost certainly means that RCI Exchangers will pay it as well.