Resort Stores - Food Prices

ctay

Silly question of the day...about how much would a large bag of potato chips go for at a resort store? Loaf of bread?

Micah008

Staff member

josh

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks, very timely. I am typing up a Saratoga Springs review as we speak!

Kasha

Are those lists only available for DVC people? We'll be staying at AKL in a standard room, not a dvc unit, and had planned to order a case of water and a few other small things from one of the grocery delivery places but this seems more convenient.

ajj221

I don't see wine on the list. Anyone know (or have a picture) what a bottle will cost or what the range will be. Looking at if it is cost effective to buy a few bottles to bring on our cruise. We are flying in and staying at AKL for the night before. I will not bring with us, but thinking about buying at hotel vs on ship.

josh

Administrator
Staff member
I don't see wine on the list. Anyone know (or have a picture) what a bottle will cost or what the range will be. Looking at if it is cost effective to buy a few bottles to bring on our cruise. We are flying in and staying at AKL for the night before. I will not bring with us, but thinking about buying at hotel vs on ship.
Wine is actually pretty fairly priced at the resort shops. At AKL, they have African wines at The Mara. These are old (2013) pictures but it will give you an idea:

The resort store should also have the regular lineup. This is at Saratoga Springs from last month, but other resorts should be similar:

And here is a very large image of the white wine and beer selection:

http://www.easywdw.com/reports12/saratogawine.jpg

(click it and it will get bigger if it doesn't automatically expand)

ajj221

Thank you Josh. I found your post about AKL from 2013 very helpful as we will be spending the afternoon / evening exploring the resort and eating at BOMA. Those prices definitely seem reasonable and I have to assume less than a bottle or even better compared to by the glass on the ship

Different Josh

In case any of you are dying to know how much Jack Daniel's costs -- $15.99 for 375 mL (a half bottle).

If you buy it from the Yacht Club, tell them Josh says hi. If anyone will be at French Quarter -- tell them I'll be there first week of March and should prepare their inventory accordingly ;-)

bnoble

he's right
For some reason, the wine markups in the resort stores all seem fairly reasonable. The liquor markups are higher, and beer is just ridonculous.

Micah008

Staff member
Are those lists only available for DVC people? We'll be staying at AKL in a standard room, not a dvc unit, and had planned to order a case of water and a few other small things from one of the grocery delivery places but this seems more convenient.
Most (if not all) of the items are available at the resort gift shop. I assume you can only have it delivered if DVC, but it should be available to buy.

Thank you Josh. I found your post about AKL from 2013 very helpful as we will be spending the afternoon / evening exploring the resort and eating at BOMA. Those prices definitely seem reasonable and I have to assume less than a bottle or even better compared to by the glass on the ship
We are at this very moment enjoying the MAN Vintners Pinotage on our balcony at Jambo House while watching a giraffe walk by. Great wine, and great view.

After spending ~$10 on drinks in the parks... a $14.95 bottle of wine is great deal, and the selection at Mara and the gift shop is actually quite good.