Review of Windsor Palms

Momofpirates

We have been at Windsor Palms since June 8, and I thought I'd make a few notes since I wasn't able to find out much about it before we arrived. We have always been die-hard onsite people, staying in values or moderates. I have said more than once that if we were going to stay offsite, we would just stay home. We chose offsite this time because our kids are getting older, they won't share a bed (we have used an air mattress the last 2 onsite trips), we wanted more space than a moderate room provided without the DVC price tag, we wanted a full kitchen, and the cost was the third factor. The price we paid for 9 nights here was less than a value room for 7 nights (I didn't recheck after discounts were released). We paid a little over $100 a night with everything except security deposit included; the ($200) deposit is to be refunded after we check out and there is no damage, etc.

We were originally booked at Windsor Hills, but my FIL fell from a ladder the week before our scheduled trip, and he had many severe injuries, so there was no way that we could go as planned. We did have trip insurance on the condo, but my husband called the owner we had rented from to see if we had any options other than to cancel. She said that her condo at WH was booked the rest of June and most of July, and after the middle of July isn't possible for us anyway because of my son's soccer schedule. She also said that she had a similar condo at Windsor Palms that was available most of June and that she would be glad to transfer our reservation if that would work out for us. A few days later, we called back and rescheduled for the Windsor Palms condo. The transfer was handled by email and was seamless.

We found Windsor Palms with no problems by the directions we were given. We pulled up to the guard house to check in. They asked for our email confirmation and my husband's drivers' license. The guard took that inside and came back out with our parking/gate pass. He wrote down our license plate number and we were on our way. The whole thing took probably 5 minutes. Our condo was near the back of the complex, but we found it with no problem. After that, when we return to the complex, the guard just comes out at looks at our parking/gate pass to check the date on it.

The condo itself has 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a living room/dining room combo, a full kitchen and a laundry closet in the small entry hall. We are on the ground floor, which is good because there is not an elevator that we have noticed. Everything is neat and clean, and the kitchen is well stocked with utensils, pots and pans, etc. All linens and towels are provided. We had to bring our own trash bags (they gave one), shampoo, soap, tp (roll provided for each bathroom), dishwasher detergent, laundry soap. It is decorated nicely, furniture seems up to date and in good condition. We have 3 tvs and internet.

We have driven to all of the Disney parks as of today. Our drive time from leaving the parking lot to arriving at the park has been about 10 minutes to AK, 15 minutes to Epcot and HS, and 23 minutes from our parking lot to the TTC for MK. We have used Sherberth Road from 192 for each trip, which saves time at least for AK. We like it for the other parks as well, there is less traffic than on 192. We have taken a break every afternoon but one (MK), and it hasn't been a big deal.

We used the pool one afternoon, and it was fine. There are no slides at the pool here. The area was clean and we were able to find 2 chairs about 2:00 in the afternoon. There is a pool bar with a snack counter and restrooms.

I think that's all I wanted to comment on. We will probably stay here or at Windsor Hills on our future trips. It isn't perfect, but it fits us better than an onsite resort right now.

nolarookie

I’m glad it has worked out for you. We’ve stayed offsite for most trips, probably about 10 in all, and we prefer it to onsite. We just like the extra space. I hope your FIL is doing better.

kmc8826

Thanks for the update. I’m so glad it is going well! I agree sometimes on site is preferable but real life and finances get in the way. We are going end of October and I just put the deposit down on a WH house. The whole week in a 5 bedroom was less than one room at CBR. Since we would need 3 rooms this time it was an easy decision. Hopefully your FIL continues to recover.

Disneyfan

Glad to hear from you! We are here for a couple more days before what may be our "swim" back to Houston. So glad Windsor Palms worked out. Hope the rest of your trip goes well!

Momofpirates

Thanks for the update. I’m so glad it is going well! I agree sometimes on site is preferable but real life and finances get in the way. We are going end of October and I just put the deposit down on a WH house. The whole week in a 5 bedroom was less than one room at CBR. Since we would need 3 rooms this time it was an easy decision. Hopefully your FIL continues to recover.
Happy planning! I do miss bing able to charge with my magic band, but Apple Pay is helping :RpS_biggrin:

Glad to hear from you! We are here for a couple more days before what may be our "swim" back to Houston. So glad Windsor Palms worked out. Hope the rest of your trip goes well!
I thought of you when we tried to RD Peter Pan on Sunday! Today is our day off. We haven't taken a whole day off from the parks before, but we are today. I wasn't going to do a trip report this time, but I may start one. This trip has been a little different overall, but still good.

Carley

I hope your FIL is continuing to do well! And I’m always on board for a trip report! We just got back two days ago, so maybe reading another would inspire me to write one as well! :)

Momofpirates

You should, Carley! I make notes at the end of the day so I can't remember what we did. Mostly in case I decide to make a scrapbook, but it makes it easier to do a trip report, too.