Ride Wait Time Chart

Disneyfan

We are going to WDW in June. I should have been an accountant because I love analyzing these charts to make my plan of attack, I mean touring plan. I saw the chart below for AK. Has anyone seen a similar chart recently for the other 3 parks? I searched through the posts without any luck. My brain has been Coviditized and is now fuzzy.
1620516494566.png
Josh, if you happen to be reading this post, I can't thank you enough for all of your great post, plans, and charts over the years. I have gone through some really rough patches. I looked forward to getting lost in your posts and charts as it provided a much needed escape. Our trips turned out great due to your tips and help!

hizouse

You should check thrill-data.com, too. You won't find a single nice chart for a park like Josh's, but you can find many, many different graphs and ways to sort data. Here, for example, is their page on Flight of Passage:

I have not tried to play around with downloading data or creating customized graphs.

josh

Administrator
Staff member
Those are both good sites. Unfortunately, there is just not enough time in the day to do everything. I will try to come back and provide better charts for the other parks later today. I know it's noon but I'm still waking up and my brain is currently working on figuring out what to do about a big decision.

Disneyfan

You should check thrill-data.com, too. You won't find a single nice chart for a park like Josh's, but you can find many, many different graphs and ways to sort data. Here, for example, is their page on Flight of Passage:

I have not tried to play around with downloading data or creating customized graphs.
This is interesting, thank you!

Disneyfan

Those are both good sites. Unfortunately, there is just not enough time in the day to do everything. I will try to come back and provide better charts for the other parks later today. I know it's noon but I'm still waking up and my brain is currently working on figuring out what to do about a big decision.
Thank you! Any help you offer is much appreciated. Good luck with your decision. It will all work out.

josh

Administrator
Staff member
Here are the charts from yesterday. They waits are a little on the below-average side for the most part.

What's "normal" is constantly changing, unfortunately, as Disney ups capacity at its parks and attractions. Some of it offsets. If you let three more people into the park and open three more seats on every ride, you sort of have a wash. If you let 5,000 more people in and open three more seats per attraction then you have a very different experience. And we're much closer to the latter. And they also change the variable capacity attractions, sometimes running at full capacity earlier, which reduces waits. But we do what we can.

ak_5_10_20.jpg

Direct: https://easywdw.com/reports16/ak_5_10_20.jpg

It seems like Flight of Passage has had some theater downtime the last few days, resulting in higher waits. DINO also looks to be on the higher side, but for whatever reason that isn't unusual even when they're running both sides. The middle row remains empty, which still is strange to me because it was like the first queue and vehicle modification they made. This is the same company filling every row on indoor roller coasters. So I would put the wait above on the average to above-average side as things stand. But we are going to see a capacity increase soon with the Lion King and potentially moving to shorter social distancing.

Epcot:

ep_5_10_20.jpg

Direct: https://easywdw.com/reports16/ep_5_10_20.jpg

This is slightly better than usual too, but if the posted wait is the actual wait, you've got an average- to above-average day. It's also a good example of Disney filling every row on Frozen and Test Track, which reduced waits and hopefully you're vaccinated.

Hollywood Studios:

hs_5_10_20.jpg

Direct: https://easywdw.com/reports16/hs_5_10_20.jpg

Good luck with that one. I have a rope drop to write up, but this DAK thing I'm writing has taken longer than expected because I've spent most of my time either working on or toiling over a new project. But I think that plan actually came together, so we ought to be back to 2 posts per week instead of 1.25.

Basically, you want to come in from the Swan if you're not taking the early Skyliner from Caribbean Beach. Not Pop. But Caribbean Beach. And arrive an hour before opening. Any other method and you're going to be behind a lot of people. There are alternate touring plans if you are driving and parking or hoping for an early bus, but you can see how quickly things jump off.

Magic Kingdom:

mk_5_10_20.jpg

Direct: https://easywdw.com/reports16/mk_5_10_20.jpg

This is pretty average for Magic Kingdom at the moment. I did fill in a few cells with downtime to reflect what they would be without it, since blank spaces don't do us much good.

But my guess is this is going to change in the near-term. The good(?) news is it won't be a secret.

If you have any questions or something doesn't look right I can double check.

Disneyfan

Oh, thank you so very much! You went above and beyond! I am so happy.

I am really starting to be a little concerned about the increase in capacity. We will certainly miss FP since we knew how to use it to our advantage. But summer is when I can go, so we will just have to make the best of it.

We booked a split stay between GF and YC so we can walk to RD. At least I have that part figured out.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

josh

Administrator
Staff member
Well, the good news is that the wait times are typically exaggerated by about 30%. And with lines constantly moving, it's a little easier to deal with a 30 minute wait when there are that many people in front of you. And if Disney eases distancing in order to let more people in, then the anytime attractions are much more like the anytime attractions of old. We will have to see what they do in the next few days as that's when I would expect a lot of the changes to start.

Very good to know! It is hard to be patient. I am eager to see what develops.
We are going in mid-August and have a similar plan of a split stay at Swan and GF to take advantage of walking for early mornings. Would love to learn more about your plans, and please keep us posted as you learn more and after your trip!

Disneyfan

We are going in mid-August and have a similar plan of a split stay at Swan and GF to take advantage of walking for early mornings. Would love to learn more about your plans, and please keep us posted as you learn more and after your trip!
With all these sudden and recent changes, it is back to the drawing board! I have two weeks left of school (I am a teacher) and then only one more week to get ready for our trip. It's kind of scary because I usually have minute by minute touring plans by this point. Oh well. . . Next week, I am going to focus on wrapping things up at work. During the Memorial Day weekend, I think I will watch the wait times and start to make a plan.

From what I can tell, June may be the worst time ever to go as capacity will continue to increase without everything open. I think you will have better luck. Mid August is when people start to get ready for back to school. More things should be open. The College Program will be back. AND you will probably have fireworks of some sort by then! I'll absolutely check back in and let you know how our trip worked out.

We did get Park Hoppers for the first time in well over a dozen years. We will head to the parks early each day. We will take mid day breaks, have dinner, and close out a park most nights. We have park reservations for:

Sunday: MK - arrival day at GF
Monday: MK
Tuesday: MK
Wednesday: Move to YC/AK
Thursday: Epcot
Friday: Blizzard Beach and Epcot
Saturday: HS
Sunday: HS
Monday: Check out day/AK, lunch at The Wave, and say bye to Mickey and Minnie at MK (Fly out at 10 pm)
Tuesday: Collapse and spend the whole day on the couch with my cat

With all these sudden and recent changes, it is back to the drawing board! I have two weeks left of school (I am a teacher) and then only one more week to get ready for our trip. It's kind of scary because I usually have minute by minute touring plans by this point. Oh well. . . Next week, I am going to focus on wrapping things up at work. During the Memorial Day weekend, I think I will watch the wait times and start to make a plan.

From what I can tell, June may be the worst time ever to go as capacity will continue to increase without everything open. I think you will have better luck. Mid August is when people start to get ready for back to school. More things should be open. The College Program will be back. AND you will probably have fireworks of some sort by then! I'll absolutely check back in and let you know how our trip worked out.

We did get Park Hoppers for the first time in well over a dozen years. We will head to the parks early each day. We will take mid day breaks, have dinner, and close out a park most nights. We have park reservations for:

Sunday: MK - arrival day at GF
Monday: MK
Tuesday: MK
Wednesday: Move to YC/AK
Thursday: Epcot
Friday: Blizzard Beach and Epcot
Saturday: HS
Sunday: HS
Monday: Check out day/AK, lunch at The Wave, and say bye to Mickey and Minnie at MK (Fly out at 10 pm)
Tuesday: Collapse and spend the whole day on the couch with my cat
I am sorry about how everything is working out for you with the increase in capacity before everything opens. I feel your pain! But your plan looks good, and I am sure you will get to do a ton. Maybe the hours in June will be longer than in August? That is huge when you are willing to get up early and go back for evenings. Can't wait to see a more detailed plan if you get to it, and to hear about it afterwards. Best of luck! And you are making me wish we had another night or two. :)