Rivers of Light Status: Ready to go but

Nia

Thedibb posted the screenshots when the page appeared back in March and the start date for the package was May. They since they have deleted the discussion. I can see it when I search it on google but the discussion is removed and I can't access it. The previews were due mid April, but the package start date was listed as May. It looks like it was the old web page making appearance again without updated text and few bloggers took it as May 2017.

Rivers of Light Dining Packages starting 1st May - Page 18 - theDIBB

www.thedibb.co.uk › ... › ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants
Mar 17, 2016 - 41 posts - ‎2 authors

Included in Each Rivers of Light Dining Package:Meal selection from a menu or buffet from one of 3 participating ... 'New Posts' Options.

DopeyRunr

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts f
This is clearly a BREAKING news story with lots of NEW DEVELOPMENTS.

L

Linkura

May 1 sounds like what I've heard as well, from a close friend who's pretty far up in the WDW executive heierarchy. He told me, in no uncertain terms, "not until 2017, for many different complicated reasons," for the debut, citing that the start date has little to do with the show's being ready to roll.
What a mess. You think they'd try to roll it out ASAP considering AK is a dead zone in the evenings.

DonaldDuck77

You have to wonder when this goes from being a complete embarrassment to those who read message boards to a complete embarrassment to the general public.

DopeyRunr

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts f
You have to wonder when this goes from being a complete embarrassment to those who read message boards to a complete embarrassment to the general public.
Anyone who was anticipating the show during their summer trip ("Awaken the Summer") has already come and gone and is paying almost no attention.

People now who are hoping and praying for it to open in the next month or two are just hoping - there hasn't been a peep beyond the message boards of any mention of the show. The general public has probably completely forgotten about it, which shows what a major marketing disaster this has turned out to be. Zero momentum for this show.

bnoble

he's right
He told me, in no uncertain terms, "not until 2017, for many different complicated reasons,"
This makes a lot of sense, and it's consistent with Josh's reasoning in the OP. The Party/F&W seasons sell themselves these days, all the way through the winter holidays and beyond into marathon weekend. Maybe it gets announced around the winter holidays for an opening during Spring Break season as a marketing tool, but maybe not until the beginning of summer season. This is a major new attraction---expecting anything other than a very strategic opening plan to maximize its impact on attendance is probably not wise.

I'm with DR. It's out of sight and out of mind to the vast majority of theme park guests---many of whom will be asking where the Harry Potter ride is in the Magic Kingdom.

3dadknight

May 1 sounds like what I've heard as well, from a close friend who's pretty far up in the WDW executive heierarchy. He told me, in no uncertain terms, "not until 2017, for many different complicated reasons," for the debut, citing that the start date has little to do with the show's being ready to roll.
Sorry, George, I can't resist:
Since when is a CM a good source of information?

:)

So a few dress rehearsals went well but they'll still decide to put it on a shelf until next year? This makes no sense to me for 2 reasons:

Without using the equipment for months on end, they're neglecting an opportunity to keep things maintained. Another disaster would be realizing some of the electronics went bonkers during stasis.

It would make sense to roll it for a busy time of year, Thanksgiving thru New Years.

George

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tag
Sorry, George, I can't resist:
Since when is a CM a good source of information?

:)
He's not "just" a CM. He's an executive at WDW, one of those who sits in with meetings held by Bob Iger. He ain't no bus driver.

Nia

This makes a lot of sense, and it's consistent with Josh's reasoning in the OP. The Party/F&W seasons sell themselves these days, all the way through the winter holidays and beyond into marathon weekend. Maybe it gets announced around the winter holidays for an opening during Spring Break season as a marketing tool, but maybe not until the beginning of summer season. This is a major new attraction---expecting anything other than a very strategic opening plan to maximize its impact on attendance is probably not wise.

I doubt they will try to do a second big marketing event for the debut of the same attraction. I think it is likely to just open it as Rusty's post suggested and add the additional events after.

3dadknight

He's not "just" a CM. He's an executive at WDW, one of those who sits in with meetings held by Bob Iger. He ain't no bus driver.
I figured as much from your original description, and he sounds like a much more reliable source. Your post just reminded me of all those that start off "I spoke to a CM who said...", and your usual response.

quince

Is the winky face a get-your-hopes-up-at-your-own-risk clause? A conservative "yaaaaaaay!" is happening right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbekf

Us too! Welll.....save something for the next trip, right? I'm thrilled for you folks that will get to see it!

Bev

nedidajohn

Maybe AK won't be such a hot choice for 12/31 now, but that would be a swell way to spend the evening. Dinner at Tiffins the ROL! My eyes will be peeled