Rivers of Light Status: Ready to go but

josh

Administrator
Staff member
There was a show for a handful of "Disney Social Media Moms" tonight. I would expect an announcement or some verification that shows are starting by the end of the week. But I've been wrong every time previously so.

josh

Administrator
Staff member
It could probably be 7,000 and it wouldn't make me any closer to being a social media mom, unfortunately.

Fozzy Bear

Social media mom? What is a social media mom? Please tell me you made that up.
It's real, and it's taken seriously by the attendees fortunate to be invited and by Disney. This is the eighth year that "Disney Social Media Moms Celebration" (DSMMC) has been held.

maranara

A friend of mine was a Disney Social Media Mom...twice. She was not in any way affiliated with Disney - she had a reasonably popular "mommy blog" and she was active in the blogging community. She went to some blogging conferences (yes, I couldn't believe that was a thing either) and was invited by Disney to the Social Media Mom event. I can't remember if she had to apply or was just invited. She got to bring her family and I believe that most of the trip was paid for by Disney. There was one day where she was in workshops all day and her husband took her son to the park, but otherwise Disney planned days in each park for them. As a freelance writer, I keep thinking "maybe if I start blogging, Disney will invite me..." :)

Fozzy Bear

As a freelance writer, I keep thinking "maybe if I start blogging, Disney will invite me.
It's possible. There is a qualifying criteria that bloggers must satisfy, so as long as you reach that point, you never know.

Also, Disney doesn't pay for the invited bloggers to attend, however they do make it very affordable. Kinda like an offer you can't refuse.

D

dawn

Is there any word on whether or not ROL dining will be opening up anytime in the near'ish' future? Or do you think that they will wait until they are sure they've got it right before making dining packages available for it?

IanDLBZF

Hearing per Twitter user @dznycharacternews that an announcement is gonna come tomorrow on the Disney Parks Blog. Stay tuned.

Anne

Looks like the show will be 8:30 pm for my dates in March based on: must arrive to dine a minimum of 3 hrs in advance for Tiffins and last ADR is 5:30, 2.5 hrs in advance for TH and last ADR is 6 pm.

So the debate...do we even bother to try to add this to the trip? I'm leaning towards not wanting to add another late night for young kids (4 and 6 at the time of the trip). I haven't watched any of the video from the preview but from 2nd hand reports it doesn't sound compelling. Of the 4 parks' evening entertainment I'm thinking this is least likely to appeal to the younger kids? We could trade it and skip Illuminations if it is really amazing but I definitely don't want to add a 4th night of evening entertainment. Any thoughts from those who have watched the preview (I'm hoping to avoid spoilers and avoiding watching it myself)? We'll be back in December so maybe save it for that trip?

chelsea1317

Getting nervous that I'll be at work when the announcement comes out and miss my opportunity to get FPs for our one AK night :RpS_sad:

Anne

I went ahead and booked a lunch ADR which says "first show" in hopes there are 2 shows and that estimated time of 8:30 is the late show and that the first show is at a time the kids can manage. If not then we will cancel once there is announcement of show times.

paxsarah

I wish they were doing Flame Tree like they were originally planning to do last year. As it is, we don't have a TS meal budgeted for AK, so we'll be hoping for FP. The show is at 7:15 on our date (3/5) but that's before the main spring break crush.

twinmummy

I'm guessing 8.30 is the first show, my reservation is at 5.45 at tusker (latest I could get) and it shows as a 1st show reservation.