Riviera Resort Recommendations

Anne

We will be staying at Riviera in a 2 bedroom standard view for the first time in March 2022 for spring break. Any recommendations for room requests? We will definitely be up for walking to the CBR skyliner station on HS days. Is there any way to walk to HS or Epcot? I've driven by the Riviera entrance several times and didn't notice any sidewalks. Any other tips or recommendations specific to Riviera?

Micah008

Staff member
Any Standard View room should have at least a partial view of Epcot fireworks.

If that is important to you, a request of a higher floor and on the West end of the building. These rooms facing north have the best view, and are closer to the Skyliner too which is a nice bonus. Not sure if you have a Dedicated or a Lock-Off, but the room numbers for the Dedicated 2BRs end in xx33 or xx35.

Standard View in this picture are represented by the green line for north and north east facing rooms.

mXFat9f.png

George

The ratio of people to cake is too big.
Before my February trip got cancelled, I had a studio booked, and made a request for the “West Wing,” high floor, Epcot side (i.e., not pool side). The West parking lot is much more convenient for me, and that’s the side the Skyliner station is on.

1642091983556.jpeg

Micah008

Staff member
There is no way to walk to either HS or EP from RVA, you would have to cross busy streets and walk in the grass.

Walking to the CBR Skyliner station on HS days is for sure beneficial to avoid a transfer, and getting back in line a second time. Heading to Epcot from RVA you will be at an advantage since you will be ahead of everyone else on the Skyliner (CBR, Pop, AoA), and only behind those who could walk there.

My main other tips... Try Bar Riva for their food and drinks. The outdoor patio for Topolino's is really nice, and you can often get a drink at the bar and head out there even without an ADR. If you have a pool day, there are some nice covered chairs which you need to get there early to get. And I would also consider CBR to be part of the resort since such a close walk, we had breakfast at their QS one morning just for a change of pace.

Micah008

Staff member
Another Riviera tip I thought of...

If you are taking a bus back from a park or DS, you can (almost) as easily take the CBR bus and then get off at the Arbua stop and walk to Riviera past the Skyliner station. We have done this a couple times when we got stuck waiting a long time for a bus somewhere, and the CBR bus came first. I remember at DS they are near each other, so it was easy to just switch buses. If you are staying in a room on the West side of Riviera the walk from Aruba is actually very similar to the official Riviera bus stop.

George

The ratio of people to cake is too big.
Another Riviera tip I thought of...

If you are taking a bus back from a park or DS, you can (almost) as easily take the CBR bus and then get off at the Arbua stop and walk to Riviera past the Skyliner station. We have done this a couple times when we got stuck waiting a long time for a bus somewhere, and the CBR bus came first. I remember at DS they are near each other, so it was easy to just switch buses. If you are staying in a room on the West side of Riviera the walk from Aruba is actually very similar to the official Riviera bus stop.
That’s a good point; that Aruba stop is not very far from the RR Skyliner station.

i<3riviera

The West parking lot is much more convenient
+1 I've been in standard rooms on both sides and strongly prefer the west as well, mostly for parking convenience

would also consider CBR to be part of the resort since such a close walk
+1 the quick service (Centertown Market) has a different variety of food like Cuban sandwiches and a nice outdoor seating area; I haven't tried Sebastian's Bistro but I hear it's very good and also light on the wallet (29 USD per adult + tax and tip), at least as far as table service goes; the walk around Barefoot Bay is a nice stroll and we enjoyed exploring the island playground / gazebos in the middle

if you rope drop Hollywood Studios, you may be able to board at RVA and skip the lines at the transfer station; it's really only for the first handful of parties lined up at the RVA Skyliner station going to Hollywood Studios in the morning; I would check with a Skyliner cast member the day before to get whatever the current deal is

the artwork is really fun! I'd recommend walking one whole floor of the building to see them all; if you do floor 4-8 (like in the map @Micah008 put up) you can see all of them in a single trip (the art is the same on every floor)

if you have time to kill, they have walk-up DVC tours most of the day; if you've never seen the tower studios or three bedrooms, I'd say they're worth checking out

at the back of the lobby, toward the inner courtyard, there are two little porches on either side of the main stairway; they're roughly single family sized so they make a great place to hang out for a bit and you can send someone from your party to gather provisions (sweets!) from Le Petit Café in the lobby