Rope Drop straight to Belle didn't work for us...

off2neverland

Peanut butter is yummy.
both Touring Plan and My Disney experience app showed a 130 minutes wait at 11:15 this morning this is on a crowd level 1 with MK being the most recommanded park! I do not know why people would go in line when it says 130 minutes!!!
We are here today
Walked by belle at 11:30 wait was 40 min was 50 about 10:30 so neither app is correct

ex007

Josh, We have a 8:10 ADR at CP. Do you think we can get to Belle before the rest?
We had an 8:15 ADR at CP on 1/23 and had no problem making RD. As Josh said, just make sure you take care of the bill upfront and let your server know that you need to make RD. Also, despite the fact that we had a later ADR, we were the first family to check in and were one of the first 5-6 families seated.

Of course, it doesn't help when there is no one (literally) at RD to take the ropes down at 9am. Just another of our crazy stories from last week. But nobody took the ropes down so we all finally just made a dash for the rides.

mousehelper

will grab your arm
we found both belle and bog skippable,but impossible to skip. Meaning, the food and order process at bog both are lacking. Better food found elsewhere and immensely faster experience found elsewhere. But-- the only way to see the restaurant is to eat there, so it's hard to skip.
ETWB was long, and cute enough, but we both felt it was a do it one and never do it again type experience. And, it totally controls your morning. We were at the interior castle rope by 8:45 (Were asked to be part of GMA audience that ws filming that day, so got in early) and in the first Belle show. We weren't done til almost 9:30. To me, I think I'd rather ride a lot of rides, and do a lot of different things, and then do Belle some other time. Seems a shame to get there, and do 1 thing where you basically sit and watch, for your first event. Mayb a second RD thing-- not a first experience. IMO

Micah008

we found both belle and bog skippable,but impossible to skip. Meaning, the food and order process at bog both are lacking. Better food found elsewhere and immensely faster experience found elsewhere. But-- the only way to see the restaurant is to eat there, so it's hard to skip.
ETWB was long, and cute enough, but we both felt it was a do it one and never do it again type experience. And, it totally controls your morning. We were at the interior castle rope by 8:45 (Were asked to be part of GMA audience that ws filming that day, so got in early) and in the first Belle show. We weren't done til almost 9:30. To me, I think I'd rather ride a lot of rides, and do a lot of different things, and then do Belle some other time. Seems a shame to get there, and do 1 thing where you basically sit and watch, for your first event. Mayb a second RD thing-- not a first experience. IMO
We were part of the same GMA thing today too, and also went straight to ETWB and were in the first show. Must have seen you. :)

I was picked as the knight in armor on the left side of the 'stage' and my DS4 was the pepper shaker.

Micah008

You didn't see me... But we saw you!
Did you know it was me at the time? You should have said Hi. :)

My DS4 actually really enjoyed ETWB and now says that Belle is his favorite princess. (He never really cared about seeing any of them until now). I am glad we did it because of how much he liked it. But it helps that we have 3 MK RDs planned so we were ok taking one for it.

To the original topic I am glad we were picked as part of the GMA thing and could be first at the internal RD. Without that we would not have been in the first show.

CJUERS

It was nice to have met you today Judy. I'm glad you made it and are ok. I forgot to ask you what the heck happened. Maybe we will see you guys tomorrow.

klp

Is this similar to what used to be Storytime with Belle except now they've added a visit to Maurice's workshop? We did that about 5-6 years ago and I'm wondering if it is pretty much the same. DH got to dance with Belle so we all have fond memories, but I don't want it to mess up our whole day.

We're only going to MK for one day during spring break when crowd levels are listed as nine. Is this worth it? I like others' ideas of doing it in the afternoon when we will be ready to chill or doing it at night. Any thoughts?

mfruchey

After hearing about the stampede to ETWB at RD, I was considering NOT RDing it on our first day of MK. We will be at MK on Tues., 2/12 and Wed. 2/13 (recommended days for MK according to Josh), and with the addition of two MSEPs at 7:00 and 9:00 on those days, I was considering visiting ETWB at the 7:00 parade and catching the 9:00 one.

Do y'all think that will be a good idea? We LOVE Belle in this family and are dying to see it, but as this is our first trip EVER (and who knows when the next will be), we don't want to spend our whole trip in line.

archimedes

Next week I'm going to see how long the line for ETWB is during Wishes. If I understand correctly, the best chance for no line is to be the first through rope drop and the first or second group in. But if you don't want to be part of the stampede (and I personally do not, which is why I'm not planning on doing it for rope drop) the next best chance for short lines is in the evening during Wishes or the parades.

For people who have already gone, how crazy is the stampede? I remember thinking that the TSMM rope drop must be an exaggeration but even during slow times it was a little crazy.

Sweetums

Has anyone tried it (ETWB) on a morning EMH day? Is it even open?
It IS open during Morning EMH. (Going by the official WDW app). Today was EMH at MK so I tracked the wait times. Don't know if this is helpful or not but here is what the posted times were this morning (A "2" on the Crowd Calendar and a "Least Recommended"):

8 - 8:10 - 10 minutes
8:15 - 20 minutes
8:20 - 60 minutes
8:30 - 45 minutes
8:40 - 40 minutes
8:50 - 40 minutes
8:57 - 50 minutes
9:02 - 50 minutes
9:07 - 40 minutes

So, I don't know if the EMH gives a great advantage over a regular day. Particularly, I am thinking about when we will be there in June which is showing as a "7" day.

I love going to MK EMH mornings because we can get so much done. I was thinking we'd need to do this first thing but I hate to eat up so much prime touring time with it. Well, at least I've got plenty of time to think about it and make adjustments to the plan! :RpS_smile:

Jessmela

Is this similar to what used to be Storytime with Belle except now they've added a visit to Maurice's workshop?
It is quite similar, except there's the special effects in Maurice's workshop (mirror), the wardrobe, and Lumiere. Also, Belle is in her yellow dress. There's also a PP photographer taking pictures in the library which I don't remember at Storytime. Really the main difference is the ambiance and detail in the surroundings.

moonwishes13

After reading all the posts, I think we will forget RD & Belle, we will go see Merida & Tinkerbell, unless we just happen upon a short line. I am planning 3 days at MK, first day Reservations at Cinderella's Table at 8:15AM, nxt day was planning Rope Drop, I think we will forget this & third day - just whenever. The days are 3's & 4's, one is a not recommended day ( 3 but EMH ). We are staying on site, does the buses drop you off at the turnstiles? Someone mentioned parking at the Contemporary & walking to Mk, are you allowed to do this? We will have our own car & staying at AOA, How early should we leave if we take the bus?

Mossy1

And so it seems Belle has become a real morning buster. I must say when I saw it during the AP previews in the fall I thought it was really nicely done. I would definitely plan on doing it once. This may be prime during parade times, especially night parade. I may just count this as a blessing for me due to the fact it will pull lots of people toward it and frees up some of the other rides early in the AM. Thanks for sharing everyone!!

off2neverland

Peanut butter is yummy.
After reading all the posts, I think we will forget RD & Belle, we will go see Merida & Tinkerbell, unless we just happen upon a short line. I am planning 3 days at MK, first day Reservations at Cinderella's Table at 8:15AM, nxt day was planning Rope Drop, I think we will forget this & third day - just whenever. The days are 3's & 4's, one is a not recommended day ( 3 but EMH ). We are staying on site, does the buses drop you off at the turnstiles? Someone mentioned parking at the Contemporary & walking to Mk, are you allowed to do this? We will have our own car & staying at AOA, How early should we leave if we take the bus?
If you really wanted Belle you have the perfect no stress opportunity to do it on your CRT day. You might want to read this thread:
http://www.easywdw.com/forums/showthread.php?10365-Running-of-The-Belles

The buses drop you outside MK gates. You are really not supposed to park all day at CR - you can park valet there if you wish. Otherwise park at TTC and take ferry or monorail over to MK.

For a 9 RD I'd be on bus stop a bit before 8. For an EMH AM on bus stop no later than 7:20 so you get there to take advantage of that Extra Magic Hour!
If you've got 3 RDs you can easily do Belle, Tink and Merida without wait at any of them, but if you arrive past RD expect waits- simple as that!

BrandyBo

Thought I'd throw in our experience from this weekend. @moonwishes, we stayed at AoA and used only the Disney buses. Sunday was our one MK day, and it was a 2 per Josh's calendar...that other site had it a 5...I think I would call it somewhere in between, but more to the 2 end. Lots of tour groups, and I rarely heard English spoken the whole wkend. Anyway, I had put ETwB off the morning calendar due to all the madness being reported, and there was DEFINITELY a running of the Belles! This put Merida at the head of our list, and I didn't want to do a mad rush up Main St as usual. So, we took our time getting ready and eating breakfast in the food court there. We didn't get out to the bus stop til 8:10....the inner TGM'er in me was freaking out that it was 8:10 and I was nowhere near MK's turnstiles haha! Bus pulled and we left at 8:18. We get there and walk leisurely to bag check til I see that everyone is through the turnstiles since it's 8:40 at this point. One mild heart attack later, I remind myself that we can take it SLOW this morning, this is no longer Dumbo Dash. However, everyone was spread out all over the place. There was a definite formed (long) line right in front of each tunnel, but NO ONE is gathering around the sides of the ropes. We walked right up to the right side of the left tunnel. So there we were, leisurely morning people who arrive at 8:40 and get on the rope. heheeeee! Everyone was so spread out that DD7 walked over to dead center to watch the morning welcome show, something she never gets to do because I'm usually in stroller gunner mode.

Once the rope dropped, we went straight to Merida and were first in line. Out of there at 9:20. We planned on Under the Sea next, but it was down and stayed down til afternoon! As we were heading there, the line to ETwB was all through the queue and stretched all the way back out to the NFL gate = said 60 min. After meeting Ariel in her grotto, the line was still stretched out almost to the gate. I kept watching the app, and it did go down to 50 min for majority of day til before the 3:00 parade. At that time it was 40 min...and it also said Under the Sea was running. So we ditched the parade and hauled it back there. Going past EtwB, I did notice there was not a lot of people in line. Under the Sea went back down early evening and didn't come back up again til late, so no one was really going back there. After fireworks, line said 30 min, and I think there were only enough people in line to do 2-3 groups.
Some thoughts: The short night line could be due to a number of things, so don't count on this always working....Under the Sea being down, lots of people left to watch the Super Bowl, and it was cooooooooooold! But honestly, if you don't want to barrel your way down main St to see it, and it's going to kill your morning, I'd just put it off til then anyway. Wait 40 min and kill your morning vs wait 40 min in evening when it's cooler and you don't have pressing things to do anyway. Simple choice.
We never ended up doing ETwB....all that worrying about it and we just didn't do it. I'm sure she would have loved it, but she said she'd rather do it next time and just not worry about it, or stand in line that long. She's taken after momma and knows that standing in long lines are just not cool at all. Maybe it will be FP+ when we go back and I'll just put that as one of our things.

Brandy

We were there the same day and make it first in line thanks to ADR. When we got out, my husband couldnt believe the line. He hasn't questioned my plans since!

moonwishes13

Brandy, thanks so much for the info. I have decided to just skip Belle & we might skip BOG also. We were there when my DD was 3yrs old, she did not want to ride anything, I am hoping this time she will ride some rides, I know she loves the M&G's. We are the type of people who like to take is easy & not rush & hate waiting in real long lines. The last time we went it was in May -96 degrees every day, we do not like the heat either. LOL!! 18 Days & we will be there!!