RotR

Art Vandelay

that's a shame
I'm intentionally not reading anything about it so it's "new" when we go next summer. My sister rode it today; she's not really a SW person. I asked her to give me a letter grade and no other information.

A++++++++

bnoble

he's right
From WDW Magic today:
Disney had been notifying guests via social media that boarding groups would open alongside the official park opening of 8am today, but they actually opened around 7:15am, and quickly reached capacity by 7:40am.
Yoi and double yoi.

DopeyRunr

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts f
I don't have any problem with the boarding group process,
and I don't have any problem with early opening,
but for the love of god TELL PEOPLE WHAT TO EXPECT,
AND THEN ACTUALLY DO THAT THING.

BSS

I don't have any problem with the boarding group process,
and I don't have any problem with early opening,
but for the love of god TELL PEOPLE WHAT TO EXPECT,
AND THEN ACTUALLY DO THAT THING.
This. 100% this. We will arrive on January 4. I certainly hope things are more routine by then, but I have some concern that they will still be figuring it out coming off holiday crowds. I am fine with being at the park at 6:30 if that's what we need to do, but I would appreciate honesty and transparency about what time boarding groups will come online so I can plan accordingly.

Last edited:

Anne

We will be there the week before Christmas with just 3.5 park days. I'm really torn if I want to try to get on Rise of the Resistance, or just wait for our March trip and skip HS this trip.

bnoble

he's right
It took Flight of Passage two years to go from bat-s**t-crowded to merely bananas. I suspect it will take RotR longer. But, boy howdy is Studios finally a full-day park or what?

Anne

It took Flight of Passage two years to go from bat-s**t-crowded to merely bananas. I suspect it will take RotR longer. But, boy howdy is Studios finally a full-day park or what?
Very true. I'm just hoping things might be more predictable and (fingers crossed) FP by March. Josh's most recent posts do make a 6 am arrival sound worth while for geting everything at Studios accomplished efficiently which is tempting...if they keep opening early...

bnoble

he's right
We will be there late Feb/early Mar. Currently I am thinking (at least) one morning, and one evening. I'm not going to worry too much until the time comes. We may try to hit Railway, but we are only there the first two days' of operation, so I am thinking that will be our last morning.

I can't decide when to try to do it. We live 1.5 hours away and don't have any overnight trips scheduled any time in the near future. Right now we'd have to get up REALLY early to make it there in time to count on getting on it, but I would like to ride it before FP+ becomes available. We practically never stay onsite, so we have very little chance of getting FPs for a very long time. I suppose our best chance is if they open it up for FP+ less than 30 days ahead of time and everyone has an equal chance of getting one.

bnoble

he's right
When I can't get FP+ something for the Next Big Thing, I usually am willing to try it at closing. You may be waiting to get on, but the line is moving much faster (no FP+ returns), and there's not much else you could be doing in the park other than shop or maybe snack.