Rumour: room discount for Jan 5 - Apr 12 opens Oct 8

Momof8

I don't think so. I told her you said it might be cheaper. ;) She told me she didn't think so. I have to call and cancel my old reservations and m going to try to ask that CM to price it out that way for me to compare. Now ya got me wondering and I am going to call wdw!!

Theresia

clanmcculloch

expert on dietary needs and disney dining
I can't imagine that it wouldn't be a bigger savings. She really should run the numbers. It kind of bugs me that she won't at least check since that's her job. This is the kind of thing I would expect from my TA if I didn't have so much fun doing it myself. I know full well she would do it for me and in fact has even emailed me options that I didn't mention considering just because she wanted to be sure I had considered all my options. It's just what she does.

Here's what I'm thinking.
Room 1: 5 Disney adults under S/P/D. I'm not going to do math here for this since you know you're keeping this room at S/P/D.

Room 2

S/P/D: 1 adult gets discounted so approximately $44 savings ($39.78 + maybe $4/night for ticket savings). Unfortunately Disney's not actually saying how they're calculating the discount so it's possible it could be a greater discount if the room portion is slightly discounted with a smaller dining plan savings.

Room discount: I don't know your dates but the cheapest rate I'm seeing through mid April is $182+tax per night so at 25% discount that means a minimum of $45.50+tax discount per night. The more expensive the rate, the bigger this savings ends up being. With the highest rate of $311, the savings is $77.75+tax.

This is assuming you'd have the same tickets and dining plan in room 2. It just makes your trip easier to have them both the same.

You can see that there's not a huge difference, but I figure every penny in your pocket rather than Disney's is a good thing.

beachta1

I just called to book my reservation for January (as I mentioned above) and thought this might help someone else interested in the value level resorts. I spoke with the CM at about 6:30PT. She said all the standard rooms in ASSp and ASMu that were eligible for the 20% off promotion were already booked. I asked if more rooms would be added for 10/8 and she said "not usually" and that Visa card holders just get first dibs on what is being made available. I asked about a room at ASSp using the AAA discount and that was still available (so only the 20% off rooms were gone). Four nights at ASSp with AAA discount is $459.35.

The only room available at the All Stars was a preferred (?) room at ASMo, but that was more expensive and I'm not sure what a preferred room is anyway. ASMu had only suites. Pop Century was available for the 20% discount and was the cheapest room you could book on property (according to her); four nights at Pop for a standard room with pool view was $442.81. There was no cheaper option without pool view.

In the end, waiting for this promotion didn't save me much over what I could have gotten earlier with AAA. I booked at Pop but I think I'll check on 10/8 to see if any rooms are added for the All Stars. Good luck to everybody trying for a discounted room!
I'm curious how many rooms they have at this discounted price.... when I called yesterday and she said "let me check the availability" I got very nervous that I'd be SOL. With many of the resorts having 1,000+ beds, I can't see the # of discounted rooms being that big.

Momof8

I can't imagine that it wouldn't be a bigger savings. She really should run the numbers. It kind of bugs me that she won't at least check since that's her job. This is the kind of thing I would expect from my TA if I didn't have so much fun doing it myself. I know full well she would do it for me and in fact has even emailed me options that I didn't mention considering just because she wanted to be sure I had considered all my options. It's just what she does.

Here's what I'm thinking.
Room 1: 5 Disney adults under S/P/D. I'm not going to do math here for this since you know you're keeping this room at S/P/D.

Room 2

S/P/D: 1 adult gets discounted so approximately $44 savings ($39.78 + maybe $4/night for ticket savings). Unfortunately Disney's not actually saying how they're calculating the discount so it's possible it could be a greater discount if the room portion is slightly discounted with a smaller dining plan savings.

Room discount: I don't know your dates but the cheapest rate I'm seeing through mid April is $182+tax per night so at 25% discount that means a minimum of $45.50+tax discount per night. The more expensive the rate, the bigger this savings ends up being. With the highest rate of $311, the savings is $77.75+tax.

This is assuming you'd have the same tickets and dining plan in room 2. It just makes your trip easier to have them both the same.

You can see that there's not a huge difference, but I figure every penny in your pocket rather than Disney's is a good thing.
I called WDW andtried to explain to the CM that I wanted to see if it would be cheaper that way and he told me 'woould be the same' but I'm guessing he didn't understand what I was asking. I may call again and ask them to switch the kids out like we talked about and then tell me price differences. I actually called with my old reservations because I didn't have new reservation number with me and so He did give me the SPD for that. So now I have TWO reservations for 11 days with SPD for Jan/Feb. ACK. I am just going to call on my old reservation tomorrow and have them switch it out and give me price. Won't hurt as I have my 'new' reservation too. He told me the SPD is different this year and that it is just a total overall discount. Being a control freak I will be getting to the bottom of this MYSELF. haha. This TA is new to me but in same company I have worked with before. Trying to give her benefit of doubt and am glad she had got those reservations right away for me with the SPD.

Theresia

Mrs. Potts

I'm curious about the new way to figure SPD. I wonder if the current promotion is a better price than the pin I booked with in July. Hmmm.

Momof8

Theresia, Did your TA price it out with 1 room having only 1 adult and the 1 child using the room discount with 5 of you in the other room using S/P/D instead of both rooms using S/P/D?
OK. So I called WDW and had a CM change the second room to just one adult and one child. Then I asked her to check on prices with room only discount. She was able to give me the room only discount price (150ish) and the 7 day ticket price but then told me that I couldn't get the dining plan unless I booked it a a package and if booking as package needed touse SPD for thediscount. With all of this number crunching, I have come to realize thatI haven't won the lottery and that evenwith discount I need to seriously amend our plans and probably stay offsite - maybe at WBC - for the last 3-4 daysof our trip. Does this SPD require 5 nights?

Theresia

M

Merida

OK. So I called WDW and had a CM change the second room to just one adult and one child. Then I asked her to check on prices with room only discount. She was able to give me the room only discount price (150ish) and the 7 day ticket price but then told me that I couldn't get the dining plan unless I booked it a a package and if booking as package needed touse SPD for thediscount. With all of this number crunching, I have come to realize thatI haven't won the lottery and that evenwith discount I need to seriously amend our plans and probably stay offsite - maybe at WBC - for the last 3-4 daysof our trip. Does this SPD require 5 nights?

Theresia
I'd call back. You should be able to use a room discount on the room portion of your package!

Momof8

oh,I could use room only discount but she said I couldn't get dining with a 'room only' discount. Is that what you mean isn't true??

M

Merida

Last year I booked a package (room, tickets AND dining) and had 20% off our room with the room discount that came out... before I changed over to a free dining (package) discount.

clanmcculloch

expert on dietary needs and disney dining
oh,I could use room only discount but she said I couldn't get dining with a 'room only' discount. Is that what you mean isn't true??
You should be able to make the room only reservation into a package by adding at least 1 day tickets. The discount will only be on the room portion of the package but it'll still be a package. You can then pay to add the dining plan.

At least that's the way it's always worked in the past. I haven't heard anything about not being able to add tickets to this room discount. It would seem weird to me that Disney wouldn't allow it again since it guarantees them that you'll spend a certain amount of money with them.

Can any of the TAs around here confirm that this can be done this promotion like it's been available in the past?

kellief

Hi, I just wanted you to know we have a reservation for this January and got the RO discount and we have a dining plan as part of our package. They can do it.

Momof8

Hi, I just wanted you to know we have a reservation for this January and got the RO discount and we have a dining plan as part of our package. They can do it.
Fascinating! And for you it was cheaper to do room only discount and then add dining plan and tickets.
?
Theresia

D

dawn

So I see the room only discount will be available to the general public tomorrow, for stays through 4/12...still waiting/hoping for something the week after Easter..wondering if there have been any more hints!!

blyday

tests unsafe roller coasts in china
I wonder if what she is saying is that you must purchase tickets before you can purchase the dining plan. You can't just get a room and dining plan without the tickets (the only exceptions are if you are using the military discount, AP discount or are staying on DVC points.)

You most definitely can add tickets and dining plan to the current promotion....just like you could in the past.

Momof8

I called WDW again tonight and tried again and this TA also told me that with room only discount I couldn't add dining and use the room only, that I had to use SpD. So I realized that DH would be at conference for 4 days so I broke up the one room reservation that has him and lil child in it and we have five nights SPD package with 7 day pass and then another reservation for 4 nights with room only discount. That will save us some money too. Still not sure we can even do that many days for the $$ but I have ther reservations and discounts for now. sigh. exhausting. so much MATH to do!!!:RpS_scared:

blyday

tests unsafe roller coasts in china
I just did a quote for a client and they were able to add the tickets to the package and the dining.....whoever you are talking to either isn't understanding what you want or doesn't know what they are doing. It can be added to the room only.

ajj221

Just booked hotels online for before and after cruise. Got CSR std room for before and POR garden for after. The difference between SPD and room only with tickets for the 3 nights before cruise was $341. Since we don't know when we are arriving on Friday yet, it could be just 2 days so definately possible to eat for less than $341 depending on what we do. I priced WL for before just to compare and it was about $97 more per night still.

So glad I don't have to spend tomorrow on the phone even though it is basically the middle of the night right now.

stevenmilz

josh's date at akershus
Just made reservation at BWV during our Spring Break for about the same we paid during spring break 2 years ago. Happy camper, especially since I was "shut out" of discounts for our December trip and we decided to stay offsite. I find it interesting that the studios at BWV and BCV are actually a few dollars cheaper than the standard rooms at BWI or BC. We prefer the villas with the larger fridge and the bar sink prep area/microwave/toaster.

ajj221

I booked last night at midnight, but of course checked everything again this morning and I think the website was much faster compared to days that discounts have been released in the past. Everything I booked was still available as of 8:00 this morning. Now I have to figure out flights so that I can cancel any room nights we might not need.