Runaway railway FPs open

paxsarah

Dang. I think I'm going to have to rope drop it (or end of night). I've already got a Smugglers Run and a Slinky Dog and 2 HS days, and I don't think I want to switch either of them.

D

Deleted member 832

They've issues earlier ones this evening.
At first they didn't begin until 10:30
I got them earlier than that tonight for both the 4th and 5th

They issued earlier times for other FP too, now that they've moved opening to 8:00 through 3/14

lyonmommy

Tier 2, correct? Still just the 2 rides (SW and SDD) for Tier 1?
I was wondering if the Tiers would change once this opened.

paxsarah

I believe it's tier 1. On my second HS day there were afternoon times available by the time I checked, but only if I switched out my SDD (which I wasn't willing to do).

tiggr88

prefers quisp over quake
From Josh's post:

Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway at Disney’s Hollywood Studios will join the Tier 1 FastPass+ choices at Disney’s Hollywood Studios when it opens on March 4th, 2020.

The Railway will almost certainly be the third-highest priority FastPass+ attraction from Tier 1, with Slinky Dog Dash still proving to be the most difficult to acquire, thanks to its relatively low capacity. Capacity at the Runaway Railway should be much higher and wait times likely lower. On the other hand, Smugglers Run and Slinky Dog Dash carry 38″ height requirements, while the Runaway Railway has no such restrictions. That never did much to push people towards selecting The Great Movie Ride as their Tier 1 FastPass+ selection, but I digress.

The Runaway Railway joining Tier 1 instead of Tier 2 may be good news, as the new ride will be more likely to be available as a 4th FastPass+ opportunity. If it was in Tier 2, then a lot of people would select it in advance, along with their other Tier 2 selection and either Slinky Dog or Smugglers Run as their Tier 1 choice. We see something similar now, when Star Tours from Tier 2 is one of the most-difficult FastPass+ to acquire, because it’s the only ride in that Tier. If most people choose Slinky and Smugglers in advance, then there will be more day-of FP+ availability for Runaway Railway. Of course, with just three attractions comprising Tier 1, most of the inventory should be spoken for before the day begins.

Everything other than these three are in tier 2.

Anne

It killed me to switch out my Slinky FP for MMRR. But my family wants to try the new ride, we've done Slinky many times before, and no one wants to do a crazy-early RD on our one HS day :-(