RunDisney Team easyWDW

Mrs Darling

Starting a new thread for as an ongoing place to talk runDisney, training and racing in general.
Please don your official Team easyWDW Polo shirt and proceed to the starting line. :RpS_smile:

Mrs Darling

I'm currently training for a local half in Sept. And the Wine& Dine in Nov for my first coast to coast medal.
I had a great time running the Tink half in May and the Neverland family 5k with my DH and DD11 & DD9

Whats everyone else training for?

sheilashoelady

I was just cleared by my doctor to start running/working out again after a medical hiatus for over a year, and I am SO excited. I'm to use a couch to 5k program just to get myself back into it, but I need to get some new running shoes first. Yay!

DopeyRunr

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts f
There's a Fitness Thread in Chit Chat, which hasn't been super active lately (but there's no WDW race until November): http://www.easywdw.com/forums/showthread.php?6678-Fitness-Thread/page20&highlight=runDisney

And if you search the forums for "runDisney" you'll find a lot of threads for individual race weekends.

I've got a full schedule come fall/winter
Sept: Rochester Marathon, Bird-In-Hand Half Marathon
Oct: Marine Corps Marathon, Rock n Roll Philadelphia Half Marathon
Nov: Wine & Dine Half Marathon
Jan: Dopey Challenge

I'llbe running almost all of those for fun with Team Shenanigans, with lots of picture stops and hopefully beer! :D

Last edited:

Mrs Darling

I was just cleared by my doctor to start running/working out again after a medical hiatus for over a year, and I am SO excited. I'm to use a couch to 5k program just to get myself back into it, but I need to get some new running shoes first. Yay!
Yay! My favorite part of the training cycle - the part where you shop for shoes!! :RpS_laugh:

Keep us posted. My husband just started a cto5k last week too. So far so good

sheilashoelady

Yay! My favorite part of the training cycle - the part where you shop for shoes!! :RpS_laugh:

Keep us posted. My husband just started a cto5k last week too. So far so good
I work in a shoe store, so the shopping is a daily thing for me, lol. I just can't commit to a pair because I have a weird gait if the drop on the shoe is too high. I think I have it narrowed down to 2 pairs though!

pharmer

My sister and I are running the WDW half marathon in January. Anyone else signed up for this one?

simbasmom

My sister and I are running the WDW half marathon in January. Anyone else signed up for this one?
DH is a Dopey runner (in more ways than one!), so he'll be doing the half. He's being called Dopey by a lot of people because he just retired last year, and with his much increased free time, he's now training for the Dopey (at age 64). He wanted to do it for years, but never felt he had the time to train properly. So his former co-workers call him Dopey for spending his retirement this way.

pharmer

How exciting! Where are you all staying? I have an AP, so we are waiting to see what (if any) discounts are released. Its our first RunDisney event, any tips you all can offer? We did sign up for the race retreat package because why not. I think it will be worth the $120 if I can use a potty without a huge line pre-race? Is there a bag check, or do I need to carry everything on my person?

24ish weeks to race, Im in full train mode because I have lots of work to do. EasyWDW tanks or headbands in the works? Might be fun. Thoughts on park touring the day before (half day only), or will that be bad news for race day. I work on my feet (Pharmacist) so I know under regular conditions I can stand and run in the same day, but this is a whole new ballgame for me!

One more question, we dont (and wont) have current race times to submit, so Im assuming we will be in the last corral? Does this mean anything. Obviously no cushion for the pace time, but we wont be disqualified before it even begins will we? Anything special anyone can tell us about the course that will help with training?

This was a very unorganized post- sorry. Thanks for the information!!

Auto

Where are you all staying?
The plan is for us to stay at Poly, pending the release of next year's military discount. It is a trip without kids, so as you said...why not?

pharmer

Oooh, fun! Im going to Poly Club Level in August with a friend- no kids. Because WHY NOT and my kids are too young to enjoy anyway. Ill let you know how things look over there. Im super excited, but there are lots of "oh em gee the construction ruined my trip" reports on the dark side. Im not too worried, because I know what to expect. We got a sweet AP deal on our club level room- I hope you luck out for race weekend! I think the monorail will be super convenient for transportation to the race!

lisa52

I'm currently signed up for the Walt Disney World 5K and 10K, and the Princess 5K. I wanted to do the Enchanted 10K, but $$$. I'm missing the Jingle Jungle 5K for the first time in 4 years because I missed the AP sign up and the general registration sold out too fast. :RpS_thumbdn: I'm hoping I can buy a bib off someone when it gets closer to race time.

Kimann

I'm in! I'm doing the Princess Half for the 3rd time! I'm also headed out to DL in November to do the Avengers in Nov. I usually travel with two friends to the races, but doing the princess solo this time. One friend didn't register in time and sadly we just lost the other member of our trio to cancer last month. The inaugural Princess in 2009 was our first rundisney race together and we did over a dozen together since that first one.

Peggy

I'm doing the enchanted 10k with my daughters in Feb! On vacation this week so I will rampx up training beginning next week. Not sure if we will stay on site at a moderate or maybe Bonnett Creek. So excited!

beachta1

Running the princess half in February! It'll be my 5th half marathon and third RunDisney event. I hope to get in a 10k race or two before that to get race-ready.

Ran 5 miles on the treadmill today and felt pretty good. Looking forward to another Disney trip and more race bling :) :)

DopeyRunr

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts f
I'm planning on RnR in Philly in '16, will you be back next year??
Not sure - this will be my first Rock n Roll event. We ran Broad Street 10 Miler earlier this year and LOVED it, so it depends upon how RnR stacks up. It's also usually a different weekend than it is this year so that will factor in too.