RunDisney Team easyWDW

Anne

I’ll be running the 5k and the challenge at Princess! This’ll be my 2nd Princess and my 8th runDisney event :) My best friend who started running last year wanted to do it and this will be her first runDisney experience so we’re super excited! 9k people in corral F sounds nuts! I wonder if they’re planning to do the mini-corral thing like they did in January (it looked like they split up each corral into like 2-3 groups and there was a 2-min wait between each group)? That was really confusing.
They did the mini waves last year for Princess too, so I'd guess they will do the same this year.

runDisneygirl

Way back in 2008, they did mini waves too but it was organized. My bib was like corral F, wave 3 or something. Maybe they’re going to go back to this system.

Hitomi

Way back in 2008, they did mini waves too but it was organized. My bib was like corral F, wave 3 or something. Maybe they’re going to go back to this system.
I never knew that! In January, they didn’t mention them nor did they indicate it on our bibs so (at least) I was confused. Haha

beachta1

They only gave us letters, nothing more specific. I have a feeling its going to be a cluster.

Anne

They only gave us letters, nothing more specific. I have a feeling its going to be a cluster.
I don't know any different because both runDisney weekends I've done they had the mini waves that weren't assigned. But it seemed to work fine. We just got the Corral letters and lined up in a big mass in the corral. And then as we walked forward toward the start they subdivided the corral into mini waves. They just kind of ran a tape accross in front as people walked to mark the next group and it seemed to go smoothly as far as I could see.

runDisneygirl

The mini waves should be just fine. I just find it funny that years ago they organized smaller waves within the corrals, then abandoned that by just adding more corrals, and now are going back to mini waves but by just doing these rope/tape mini waves instead. FWIW, they do (or at least they did) this type of mini wave with the rope/tape across in the kids races too.

The only potential for chaos will be with these crazy princesses who get pissed off when they get roped off behind a mini wave. Because that extra 3 minute wait will just make soooo much of a difference! Some of these women are bat-sh!t crazy.

beachta1

The only potential for chaos will be with these crazy princesses who get pissed off when they get roped off behind a mini wave. Because that extra 3 minute wait will just make soooo much of a difference! Some of these women are bat-sh!t crazy.
Many of them are!!!!!

Amanda

Hi! It's my first runDisney event and only my second half ever! Eek! I'm in Corral E and staying at Windsor Hills. My "costume" will just be a skirt and tank which says "I'm Mary Poppins, Y'all!" My house is full of Guardians of the Galaxy fans! :)

kgillen

Good luck to everyone taking on one (or more!) of the races this week! Have a good run and, most importantly, have fun!!

Anne

Just saw a Team Shenanigans shirt today at a half in the wilds of Wisconsin and thought of everyone here :)

DopeyRunr

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts f
Haha! Awesome! We're everywhere - a couple members even going to Berlin next month.