RunDisney Team easyWDW

Wendy

Wake me up at the end of the meal
Can you tell me when they will announce the dates for the wine and dine race for 2020? I am trying to determine if I the dates will be posted early enough to be able to book BCV at the 11 month window. Thanks for your help.

Mrs Darling

Can you tell me when they will announce the dates for the wine and dine race for 2020? I am trying to determine if I the dates will be posted early enough to be able to book BCV at the 11 month window. Thanks for your help.
It's usually almost immediately following the race so it should work out

Pres.Merkin

Hi all. So, Im thinking of dipping my toe into the rundisney pool. Right now, I manage to get out and run 3 days a week, 3 miles each time. Ive never done a actual race, Im just trying to stay somewhat fit. Ive always felt that if I was to do an actual race disney would be fun. So I just found out that my sons high school marching band will be in a parade in MK and the dates of the trip are 4/15 to 4/19. I looked and it just so happens that is the same weekend for the Star Wars race weekend. I figure I have plenty of time to get myself ready for a 10k but have no idea about what it takes to make the jump from my current state to a half marathon, so any input is welcome.

However my real question is on the sign up process, I have heard these events fill up very quickly. It looks like registartion for the Star Wars events are in a couple of weeks, but it will probably be a few months before my son decides if he wants to participate in the band trip, "Depends on how many of my friends are going" will be his deciding factor. Do I have time to wait and think about this a bit more or do I need to register that first day?

DopeyRunr

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts f
The 10K (and 5K) should sell out pretty fast. Sometimes it's in a day, sometimes it takes several days. It's VERY unlikely it will be available for a few months. Capacity for those is about 10,000 vs closer to 26,000 for the half marathon.

lovett1979

Welcome to the club Pres.Merkin! As DopeyRunr said, the events (especially the 10K and 5K) sell out very fast, like in 90-120 minutes. If you are not ready to commit, you can still sign up for a race with a charity (minimum fundraising amount) or travel agent (minimum night stay and park ticket required), though those can sell out as well. Unfortunately, race registrations are non-refundable and non-transferable but the safest way might be to register when they go on sale, and then just "eat" that cost if you don't end up going.