RunDisney Team easyWDW

runDisneygirl

18 miles on a treadmill? Damn girl!
Yeah I think I saw every single episode of sex and the city! It wasn't pleasant. But I started at like 5:30am, just like a disney race, so by the time I realized what I was doing, it was almost over! hahahaha...

Wendy

Wake me up at the end of the meal
Can you tell me when they will announce the dates for the wine and dine race for 2020? I am trying to determine if I the dates will be posted early enough to be able to book BCV at the 11 month window. Thanks for your help.

Mrs Darling

Can you tell me when they will announce the dates for the wine and dine race for 2020? I am trying to determine if I the dates will be posted early enough to be able to book BCV at the 11 month window. Thanks for your help.
It's usually almost immediately following the race so it should work out

Hi all. So, Im thinking of dipping my toe into the rundisney pool. Right now, I manage to get out and run 3 days a week, 3 miles each time. Ive never done a actual race, Im just trying to stay somewhat fit. Ive always felt that if I was to do an actual race disney would be fun. So I just found out that my sons high school marching band will be in a parade in MK and the dates of the trip are 4/15 to 4/19. I looked and it just so happens that is the same weekend for the Star Wars race weekend. I figure I have plenty of time to get myself ready for a 10k but have no idea about what it takes to make the jump from my current state to a half marathon, so any input is welcome.

However my real question is on the sign up process, I have heard these events fill up very quickly. It looks like registartion for the Star Wars events are in a couple of weeks, but it will probably be a few months before my son decides if he wants to participate in the band trip, "Depends on how many of my friends are going" will be his deciding factor. Do I have time to wait and think about this a bit more or do I need to register that first day?

DopeyRunr

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts f
The 10K (and 5K) should sell out pretty fast. Sometimes it's in a day, sometimes it takes several days. It's VERY unlikely it will be available for a few months. Capacity for those is about 10,000 vs closer to 26,000 for the half marathon.

lovett1979

Welcome to the club Pres.Merkin! As DopeyRunr said, the events (especially the 10K and 5K) sell out very fast, like in 90-120 minutes. If you are not ready to commit, you can still sign up for a race with a charity (minimum fundraising amount) or travel agent (minimum night stay and park ticket required), though those can sell out as well. Unfortunately, race registrations are non-refundable and non-transferable but the safest way might be to register when they go on sale, and then just "eat" that cost if you don't end up going.

Mrs Darling

The countdown is on! The princess half is 4 weeks from today!!
I did a really rough 12 miler with tricky footing yesterday and have another planned for next weekend. Have my running outfit enroute.

Staying at POFQ. Is advice still to be at the bus at 3:45?
And when will they send out the email with corrals, bib numbers etc?

We'll be at HS the day before. I have Scifi booked for an early supper. A milkshake is a good for carbo loading, right ;-) But seriously I've really struggled to figure out what we can eat that's not too heavy and the turkey sandwich seemed like an option. Open to suggestions for other restaurants though.

DopeyRunr

My advice is always take the first bus (usually 3am).
Waivers (with bib numbers and corral assignments) should be out soon.
For me, I will usually go with a turkey sandwich (very light mayo) or a chicken sandwich or chicken tenders. Protein, some carbs, not a ton of fat. The way most people actually do "carb loading" (a plate of pasta the night before) offers zero benefit.

Mrs Darling

My advice is always take the first bus (usually 3am).
:oops: 3am. Yikes! That's about when I planned on getting up. I guess an hour earlier isn't going to make much difference
What time would you typically get to bed? 8pm?

I will usually go with a turkey sandwich (very light mayo) or a chicken sandwich or chicken tenders. Protein, some carbs, not a ton of fat. The way most people actually do "carb loading" (a plate of pasta the night before) offers zero benefit.
I'm with you on that. The thought of something that heavy doesn't do it for me. I think my running buddies will be ok with it too. Just waiting for them to weigh in but I think we'll end up keeping it.

DopeyRunr

Yeah I would aim for in the room by 7, hopefully in bed shortly after that, asleep by 8. I found that avoiding the temptation to nap during Dopey made it progressively easier to fall asleep that early.

Heres a quick question. Looking forward to the Star Wars Rival run in April and trying to get some ideas for what to wear. I dont want to go full blown costume but a good themed shirt would be nice. Where does everyone get the shirts they wear, like the ones that look like what various characters wear?

Anne

Heres a quick question. Looking forward to the Star Wars Rival run in April and trying to get some ideas for what to wear. I dont want to go full blown costume but a good themed shirt would be nice. Where does everyone get the shirts they wear, like the ones that look like what various characters wear?
Etsy
Iglow running store has well made options and will do custom designs too.

Staying at POFQ. Is advice still to be at the bus at 3:45?

I stayed at POFQ for PHM 2018, Star Wars 2019, and WDW Marathon this year. I'm usually on bus by 3:30 for 10k, 3:15 for half and had to be on the bus by 3am for the full since they moved the start time up to 5am this year. I've always made it to the start with plenty of time to spare

Anne

What is the best way to sign up 3 people for a runDisney race when 2 are children?

Thursday is AP Wine and Dine weekend sign up (we all have active APs). I am glad I will have 2 shots at this if I mess it up on Thursday there is still Tuesday!

Myself and 2 sons want to do the 5K
I would like to do the half
I worry with the new Villains theme the 5 K will go fast and I'm not sure the most efficient way to get 3 people signed up, especially with 2 being minors.

What page do I go to for sign up? Right now I have the AP page bookmarked and there is information about when registration will open but there are no links, not even grayed out links. In the past (before the new website) I recalled the link was there but I couldn't click on it until registration came online. The last thing I want to do is be refreshing that page only to discover I'm supposed to be somewhere else.

My sister is willing to be online to help but I'm not sure if she can sign my kids up from her account?

Can she log into my account and sign one up while I sign up the other and myself or do we each have to be signed into different accounts?

Is there any way for the kids' to have their own account or does it need to be through an adult account (they are 7 and 9)?

Is there any way to save the kids' information ahead of time? When I click signing up for "myself" it automatically populates my information. But when I click "child" I have to enter it all in. I don't see a way to save that information ahead of time, at least on the runDisney site. I have tried to save the kids' information in the google "manage addresses" to auto fill, but on the Disney site it only gets about half of the information into the correct spot.

At what point in the process is the specific race registration held? If I were to sign all 3 of us up for the 5 K will it hold the first spot as I enter the subsequent people's information? So once I have all 3 of us in for the 5 K can I add the half for me and then leisurely finish the check out process or do I need to move quickly and finalize through to payment to guarantee the registration won't suddenly be gone?

Anything else I need to think about?

Thanks!!!!

kmc8826

What is the best way to sign up 3 people for a runDisney race when 2 are children?

Thursday is AP Wine and Dine weekend sign up (we all have active APs). I am glad I will have 2 shots at this if I mess it up on Thursday there is still Tuesday!

Myself and 2 sons want to do the 5K
I would like to do the half
I worry with the new Villains theme the 5 K will go fast and I'm not sure the most efficient way to get 3 people signed up, especially with 2 being minors.

What page do I go to for sign up? Right now I have the AP page bookmarked and there is information about when registration will open but there are no links, not even grayed out links. In the past (before the new website) I recalled the link was there but I couldn't click on it until registration came online. The last thing I want to do is be refreshing that page only to discover I'm supposed to be somewhere else.

My sister is willing to be online to help but I'm not sure if she can sign my kids up from her account?

Can she log into my account and sign one up while I sign up the other and myself or do we each have to be signed into different accounts?

Is there any way for the kids' to have their own account or does it need to be through an adult account (they are 7 and 9)?

Is there any way to save the kids' information ahead of time? When I click signing up for "myself" it automatically populates my information. But when I click "child" I have to enter it all in. I don't see a way to save that information ahead of time, at least on the runDisney site. I have tried to save the kids' information in the google "manage addresses" to auto fill, but on the Disney site it only gets about half of the information into the correct spot.

At what point in the process is the specific race registration held? If I were to sign all 3 of us up for the 5 K will it hold the first spot as I enter the subsequent people's information? So once I have all 3 of us in for the 5 K can I add the half for me and then leisurely finish the check out process or do I need to move quickly and finalize through to payment to guarantee the registration won't suddenly be gone?

Anything else I need to think about?

Thanks!!!!
Were you able to get in? I had an epic fail this morning for the 10k. Incredibly stressful for no positive result. Fingers crossed it worked for you.

Anne

Were you able to get in? I had an epic fail this morning for the 10k. Incredibly stressful for no positive result. Fingers crossed it worked for you.
Oh No!!! I am so sorry to hear you weren't able to get registered :cry:
I agree it was way too stressful! Especially because we have a whole vacation planned around this and had to book DVC before even knowing if we'd be successful with registration.

The only good thing is that at least there is still the general registration on Tuesday.

We were able to get registered. My husband decided this morning that "maybe" he would do the 5 K so we booked all 4 of us.

I will give you the blow by blow on what we did in hopes it will help on Tuesday.

I logged out of my account and back in again about 9:49 am just to be sure my sign in wasn't timed out

I know this won't help for Tuesday, but if anyone is wondering in future which AP page to use, both of these AP pages worked (at least until they change things again). But the first one is better. It had the race links right on the page (even though they weren't there until about 10 minutes before registration started). That is the page I've used in the past and the one I was nervous about because it wasn't showing the grayed out links like it had in the past. The second page you click on "register early" and it takes you to the race registration link page so it has an extra click.

My sister registered my husband and one son by logging in from my husband's account and I registered myself and the other son from mine.

The AP early registration page populated with the race registration links about 9:50 am EST (10 minutes before the announced time).

We clicked on those links early and then got the holding page that auto refreshes itself every few seconds. However, for both my sister and myself, the window that was launched early never got through to registration even though we both left that open.

We both launched a new page right at 10 am, each on 2 different browsers. My first browser got through before the second that was launched and the same was true for her. So it "looks like" there was an actual queue on that holding page and not just a random refresh? I know there was debate for GE reservations about the holding page and if it is queue or just a random lottery to get in each time it refreshes itself.

We each registered the adult first since it was faster because the information was pre-populated. That went pretty quickly. Then clicked "I want to add another registration" to register the child. I never found a way to save the kids' information but it was only a few more seconds to fill it all in. Then went to "next step" which goes to merchandise and then "I'm ready to pay". I was nervous about spending too long on the next several pages since the site said registration was "not guaranteed" until check out was finished and confirmation email received. But I think it will save your registration in your "cart" for a reasonable amount of time, but you would lose it if your account times out and logs you out which is why they have the disclaimer that there is no guarantee until you are paid and get a confirmation email.

After we were all checked out for the 5 K registrations I went back to register myself for the 1/2 marathon. In hind site I would have been better off adding the 1/2 marathon as "I want to add another registration" after the two 5 K registrations were successfully in my cart and before check out. By checking out first and going back to register for the 1/2 I had to sit in the holding page queue again to even get back to the registration page. The 1/2 marathon is still not sold out. But the 5 K, 10 K, and 2 course challenge are so I'm glad I wasn't interested in the two course challenge. There is that FOMO part of me that wonders if I should have registered for the 2 course challenge to get all the medals. I have to keep reminding myself that is a silly reason to run a race and get up early on a morning when I'd rather hang out with my family at the parks.

Last edited:

Anne

An additional data point:

I just saw some posts on twitter of people who were able to select the 5 K, "entered all my information" and then got the message that the race was sold out. There wasn't any more information than that. No one specified if it was after that first page or at the check out page. Based on that I guess I wouldn't dawdle during the check out process. But I would still select all the races you want before going to the check out page (unless it's the 1/2 marathon alone, as that one is still available even today) since you'd have to sit in the holding page queue if you check out after each race registration.

I am looking for advice on hotel. We currently have a 1 bedroom at Beach Club. Perfect!

BUT, my parents are thinking of going in November since they are cancelling March which kind of puts a wrench in the room situation. Of course there is no availability for any room type at this point at BCV or Boardwalk. We are still 3.5 weeks away from the 7 month window. Currently there is 2 bedroom availability for our dates at Riviera, AKL, OKW, Saratoga. I'd be happy with both Riviera and AKL, but a little worried about transportation at AKL. Unfortunately Riviera is 100 points more than AKL. I've always been on the monorail or close to the race start. I worry about the reports of people getting stuck on the bus in traffic for 1.5 hrs and almost missing the start. Has anyone stayed at AKL? How were the buses to race start? I know 2 years ago the wine and dine 5 K was at AK but last year it was the standard Epcot route. How likely are they to go back to AK for the 5 K?

Our other option is to keep our 1 bedroom at beach club and my parents to book a non-DVC near-by. The cost is greater, but on the other hand we won't run into the same cancellation issues we've had this month.

Thanks!

Anne

How is today going for you? I'm trying to register a friend who doesn't have an AP. Still sitting on the hold page, now for 26 minutes! Did 2 browsers again. One tab crashed at 8 minutes in :-( so glad I have two. But not optomistic at this point. People on twitter have gotten through but for some the final payment tab isn't active. Why why why is this always a mess?

ETA:
I tried pre-10 am (maybe 9:50ish), 10 am, and 10:01 am and it was the 10:01 tab that finally got through at 11:02, but both the 5K and 10K are sold out. I'm all the more thankful I was able to get the registrations I did on the AP day! The 10 am tab got through at 11:12.

Interestingly one person said he launched the link at 9:47 and got through after 40 minutes. Another said his pre-10 am link never got through but the 10 am did. It appears more like a random selection at the refresh from the holding page rather than a queue? The opposite of my conclusion on AP registration day lol. I feel extra-bad because I failed my friend!

Last edited:

lovett1979

I'm doing the 5k and 10k at Wine & Dine! I booked through a TA last week, because I didn't want to deal with the stress of today. I am so happy I did. Now I have to cancel the resort reservation that I already had. Who else is going to be there?