RunDisney Team easyWDW

kgillen

My friend and I have decided to be Ariel and Ursula for the run Disney race. I've always loved Ursula so I'm pumped to make a costume. I'm thinking of writing "poor unfortunately souls 13.1" on the back of my top.
Don't you mean "poor unfortunate soles 13.1" :RpS_smile:

simbasmom

Do ANYTHING you can to get a 10K or Half time you can submit for Proof of Time. Your first few miles could be incredibly unenjoyable otherwise. I cannot stress enough the different experience you'll have being just a few corrals further up. You may not be able to stop for any characters starting from the back. Lines will be SO long you'll have almost no cushion. Depending upon your current level of fitness and/or training plan, you should be able to find a 10K to run before the cutoff.
Thanks so much for that info. Unfortunately DH is having a real hard time finding a race from which he can submit proof of time. For the marathon, don't you have to have a 10 mile of longer? I'll definitely tell him what you said-maybe that will encourage him to look harder.

Auto

Have any of the runDisney vets done the Pasta in the Park? Debating if we should spring for another "why not."

DopeyRunr

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts f
I have not but I know a lot of people who have gone once and never wanted to return. Doesn't seem a fair value for the money, and you end up staying out too late with a 2:30am wake up call the next morning.

beachta1

I've never attended and have not been interested. It seems like it be chaotic, and I agree that its later then I'd want to eat. and be out.

simbasmom

Have any of the runDisney vets done the Pasta in the Park? Debating if we should spring for another "why not."
We discussed it and talked with some other runners from that weekend. It seems that the only big plus is being able to get into the park, which for those who may not have park tickets is a plus. But people, like us, who have tickets or Annual Passes look at the idea of eating at 7:00 the night before getting up early and say "No way!" Most of us will be eating at around 5:00, and watching Illuminations from our balcony in our jammies, not in the park.

beachta1

Oh, right! I've never been fitted so this will be a new experience.
I feel like getting fitted by someone who knows what they're talking about is SO important. I never knew that I over-pronated (or what that was) until speaking with a sales associate at a running store. When I got the right pair of sneakers, I felt like I was fixed! I've gone running in other shoes before and totally feel the difference in my stride and how my foot lands. I know I need a shoe with a lot of support, but some people can run in those shoes that look like feet and have no problems. Everyone is built different and runs differently!

sheilashoelady

I feel like getting fitted by someone who knows what they're talking about is SO important. I never knew that I over-pronated (or what that was) until speaking with a sales associate at a running store. When I got the right pair of sneakers, I felt like I was fixed! I've gone running in other shoes before and totally feel the difference in my stride and how my foot lands. I know I need a shoe with a lot of support, but some people can run in those shoes that look like feet and have no problems. Everyone is built different and runs differently!
That is exactly what I spend my days doing. So I completely agree. I have very different feet than a majority of the population, and I have only found this one pair that my gait isn't thrown off. New favorite shoes.

BeckyW

That is exactly what I spend my days doing. So I completely agree. I have very different feet than a majority of the population, and I have only found this one pair that my gait isn't thrown off. New favorite shoes.
Sheila - can I ask where in PA you are? Maybe even just which county? I need a new running sneak ;)

sheilashoelady

Ooh, slightly too far for me. Any recs for running shoe company in Berks/Montgomery/Chester counties? Thx!!
Not sure how close they are to you, but either North Wales running company, or Bryn Mawr running co. They should be able to do a full gait analysis, and provide you with a range of options. If those aren't convenient, I can look into other places :)

BeckyW

Not sure how close they are to you, but either North Wales running company, or Bryn Mawr running co. They should be able to do a full gait analysis, and provide you with a range of options. If those aren't convenient, I can look into other places :)
North Wales is not too far - THANK YOU!