Same?

wgwtgb

Are Ride Max and Touring Plans the same? What I mean is, are they created by the same company if I get a subscription?

hizouse

I would really, really like to see some detailed comparisons and tests of the two apps. My guess is, despite the relative amount of hate and love they get on this site, they end up functioning about the same, at least as far as their touring plans suggestions. I am anxious to try RideMax but don't really expect it will be an upgrade over the TP app. I have always gone during times of relatively low crowds and have been satisfied with TP. (I have not been in a while and am not a current subscriber of either.)

wgwtgb

I would really, really like to see some detailed comparisons and tests of the two apps. My guess is, despite the relative amount of hate and love they get on this site, they end up functioning about the same, at least as far as their touring plans suggestions. I am anxious to try RideMax but don't really expect it will be an upgrade over the TP app. I have always gone during times of relatively low crowds and have been satisfied with TP. (I have not been in a while and am not a current subscriber of either.)
I appreciate your input. We are going MLK weekend. Although it's FH and I only, I would like to maximize our time. I'm such an overplanner. It's really paid off in the past, so I'm torn between a relaxing trip and my normal Disney nazi self. LOL I'm thinking of subscribing only for peace of mind. Hopefully @josh may weigh in too!

Art Vandelay

that's a shame
FWIW, I've subscribed to both TP and Ridemax (not simultaneously) over the years and ended up not using either to do what became our final park plans, because neither would allow me to do what I knew was possible from years of experience and a few old TGM planning tips. I can't remember the details because it's been years, but I wanted to do a/b/c and the suggested order made zero sense.

D

Deleted member 519

This is so true! I don't know why I don't trust myself and the knowledge I've gained from here more!
There’s just so much out there, it’s easy to be tempted to buying into some service. This website has been my go-to since we started going to WDW. You’ve got this.

Disneyfan

FWIW, I've subscribed to both TP and Ridemax (not simultaneously) over the years and ended up not using either to do what became our final park plans, because neither would allow me to do what I knew was possible from years of experience and a few old TGM planning tips. I can't remember the details because it's been years, but I wanted to do a/b/c and the suggested order made zero sense.
Same here. . .
A long time ago, I had a subscription to both TP and Ridemax at the same time. I made touring plans on both sites just to compare them for the fun of it. I didn't use any of them on my actual trip. I also found some of the suggestions didn't make sense.

Using Josh's posts just before a trip is the most helpful. Things are always changing and his detailed posts let me know what to expect.