Seen any good movies? Or bad ones?

George

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tag
The Gift went off in directions that I didn't see coming.

And I want that mid century house!

nedidajohn

I am under the weather today and didn't feel like trick or treating. I stayed in and watched Usual Suspects! Great movie with Kevin Spacey.

jillyb

unsure of the release date for the dumbo anniversa
Took my girls to see the new Goosebumps movie. It was pretty good!

I want to see The Martian. I read the book and loved it.

I also want to see The Peanuts Movie and a bunch of others that are coming out that I can't remember the names of right now lol.

Not That Josh

Enjoyed Brooklyn a lot.

I liked the movie for a number of reasons, but I wasn't thinking about that as I left.

One thought kept popping in my head over and over: that movie is the story of the USA. I know sometimes it's forgotten or ignored that people coming to the country is the reason everything exists today, and I think it's great to be reminded. I would imagine most Americans would have dozens (hundreds?) of stories like the story from the movie in their family history.

Basically, I liked everything about the movie.

ChantelCT

Watching the Nightmare Before Christmas with the the kiddo, DS6, he makes me read the recaps in his Disney scary stories books frequently...I was excited to see it on TV.

BeckyW

Saw The Good Dinosaur on Black Friday with the kiddos, they both really liked it. I'm normally an emotional person, cry at movies, etc, but this one didn't move me the way most of the Disney/Pixar films have in the past. It was cute though :)

George

There doesn't seem to be many good movies out now, but looking at a list, there are actually quite a few. Here's what you should see now:

Spotlight
Steve Jobs
Carol
Heart of a Dog
Sherpa
Room

I'm really excited about Brooklyn. And David O. Russell's Joy. And especially the 70MM road show presentation of Tatantino's upcoming The Hateful Eight.

DopeyRunr

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts f
Didn't love The Good Dinosaur or Sanjay's Super Team. I thought they were both OK. I felt the story for The Good Dinosaur wasn't terribly complex or nuanced.

Saw Mississippi Slide on DVD, starring Ryan Reynolds and the deadbeat brother from Bloodline. I thought it was really good and well-acted but didn't like the ending.

BeckyW

Didn't love The Good Dinosaur or Sanjay's Super Team. I thought they were both OK. I felt the story for The Good Dinosaur wasn't terribly complex or nuanced.
My feelings as well... It seemed sort of like a watered down and no-as-funny Lion King or something..

DopeyRunr

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts f
My feelings as well... It seemed sort of like a watered down and no-as-funny Lion King or something..
To me, Arlo was about the least interesting character in the movie. I would have preferred to spend more time with the Cowboys or just learn more about the world.

Not That Josh

There doesn't seem to be many good movies out now, but looking at a list, there are actually quite a few. Here's what you should see now:

Spotlight
Steve Jobs
Carol
Heart of a Dog
Sherpa
Room

I'm really excited about Brooklyn. And David O. Russell's Joy. And especially the 70MM road show presentation of Tatantino's upcoming The Hateful Eight.
Of the movies listed, I have only seen Steve Jobs and Brooklyn (so far). I have heard nothing but great things about Room.

I am eagerly anticipating Joy and The Hateful Eight too.

George

Add Anomalisa to the must-see list; it was revelatory and haunting. Charlie Kauffman is a master.

Denise25

I watched "Room" a couple of weekends ago. Very good. The little boy was excellent. And faithful to the book, for any of you who have read it. Next I want to see "Spotlight."