Seen any good movies? Or bad ones?

George

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tag
I watched The Irishman in Netflix over the weekend. It wasn't bad but it wasn't great either. That's 3 1/2 hours of my life I'll never get back lol.
That movie demanded rapt attention; it doesn't really play the same from your living room. I saw it in the theatre, and the entire audience was enthralled. Did not seem like 3-1/2 hours at all. There was hardly anyone who got up for bathroom breaks either.

Rewatched Princess and the Frog. I forgot how funny that movie was. Only about 90 minutes so it really moves along, and the music (Randy Newman) was fantastic. I hope they recreate the bayou boat scene (led by thousands of fireflies) in the Splash 2.0!
I listened to the score again the other day, and it's marvelous. The picture is so beautifully drawn too, so many gorgeous images to work from. Disney catalogues all the colors used in their films so they can recreate them accurately in costumes and attractions, which is why, for example, the Beast's jacket is always the same blue. I'm really excited about the new PATF ride.

Strangeite

Last night we watched... a movie.

My in-laws are visiting and it came up that my mother-in-law, her sister and their father appeared in a Disney movie. As you can imagine, everyone immediately wanted ALL the details. The lived in Aspen for a year in 1959 and Disney filmed a a short movie called Fantasy on Skis about a little girl that skis to school everyday. She said that she and her sister appear briefly getting onto a ski lift and her father is directing the marching band.

It took a bit of digging into the stranger parts of the Internet, but I was finally able to find the episode of Wonderful World of Color that contained Fantasy on Skis.

It was... a movie.

Saw my mother-in-law and her sister. The image of their father was not particularly clear but his job was the band director so it was probably him, but the person that we could make out most clearly was their mother, who she hadn't realized was in the movie. I had never know their father, but I knew Phyllis for years before she died and her smile is very distinctive.

It was a fun viewing.