Sharing Pics in Trip Reports

Micah008

Staff member
I'd like to get this figured out before I leave! :) I have Imgur set on Large Thumbnail and am choosing the BB code. Not adding any extra or anything like that. (I read this whole thread - thanks, guys)

I've gotten it to work for one picture in a previous thread, but now some of my other pics aren't going. When I try to do it, I get this message: "error: invalid file"

I'm probably missing something obvious but since I know I've got Large Thumbnail and am choosing BB code on Imgur, I'm a little baffled. TIA!![/QUOTE]
Try posting one here in this thread, and we can try to help figure out it.

[QUOTE="beccaporter, post: 239968, member: 724"]Can you upload photos onto imgur from an iPad? It doesn't seem to be working.[/QUOTE]
I don't have an iPad, but I have use the Imgur app on my Android phone successful. I would guess they are similar apps.

jenninaustin

Thanks for helping me figure this out, guys

kids.jpg

Sort of odd - I can upload this one from my computer but not from Imgur (even though I'm doing Large Thumbnail and choosing BB code)

bounding as pocahontas.jpg

Same story for this one ^^

However, there's another one (that is probably bigger - might be the problem) that I can neither upload from my computer nor from Imgur.

Thanks for any advice!

josh

Administrator
Staff member
It's fairly straightforward there is really nothing that could go wrong:

jenninaustin

It's fairly straightforward there is really nothing that could go wrong:

I completely agree and have no explanation for why I'm having trouble. I'm choosing exactly what you circled in your picture. Perhaps I just have really bad tech karma for this activity.

josh

Administrator
Staff member
Are you using a computer or a phone or something?

I like minus.com too as an alternative. Register and it will keep your photos online "permanently."

jenninaustin

Using a desktop, not a phone. I'll check out minus - thanks. Don't want to hog all your time...I was just trying to do a small pre-trip report that I could continue when I get there on Sat....but they're no fun without pics. :)

csuther

I tried to picture using the insert image icon at the top when you post a quick reply (looks like a box with a tree inside). I have jpegs on my computer and what to add them in here. I got an error "IOerror event type= "io error" bubbles = false. I also tried to copy and paste an image with no luck.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

josh

Administrator
Staff member
Just uploading to imgur and pasting the code here is by far the easiest way to do it.

R&RMom

How do I get portrait oriented pictures from attaching sideways in my trip reports? Is there some code I need to enter after the attachment to turn it clockwise, etc. I am just attaching directly from my computer. Thanks!

Micah008

Staff member
How do I get portrait oriented pictures from attaching sideways in my trip reports? Is there some code I need to enter after the attachment to turn it clockwise, etc. I am just attaching directly from my computer. Thanks!
I always rotate the picture while it is still on the computer so it looks right there, and then upload/attach.

R&RMom

I always rotate the picture while it is still on the computer so it looks right there, and then upload/attach.
Micah, they look fine on the computer. When I open them up they are correctly rotated, so I'm not sure why when I attach them here they are turning sideways.

Micah008

Staff member
Micah, they look fine on the computer. When I open them up they are correctly rotated, so I'm not sure why when I attach them here they are turning sideways.
If they look fine on the computer, then I am not sure either.

Maybe try uploading to imgur.com rather than just attaching... I know on imgur you can rotate (and crop/resize too). Then you can just copy the BBCode into the post here and it will show up.

Good luck.

R&RMom

Thanks. I ended up doing just what you said, and when they come into Imgur they are sideways, and I could rotate them, and resave them that way. I went back into my TR and reuploaded all of sideways ones.

By the time I get all this figured out, my TR will be finished. Oh well, after our next trip, maybe I'll get the handle of it LOL! Thanks for all your help.

Micah008

Staff member
For everyone using Imgur for photos to post for trip reports, they are now allowing unlimited photos, and some other improvements. I had a Pro account, and they are doing away with them, making everything free.

This is still my favorite place to upload photos, especially for posting in forums, and this makes it even better.

From an email I got:

"...
We’re phasing out Pro subscriptions...and making the Pro features completely free for every Imgur user!

You can now store unlimited uploads in your Imgur account with multiple thumbnail options and complete image analytics and referrer data. The only difference is that now it’s free.
..."