Shifting dates on date based tickets

For our upcoming trip at the end of August we bought date based tickets for a Sunday through Sunday, but we may actually end up using them for Saturday through Saturday (going to the parks a day early). Will there be a problem when we show up on the Saturday a day before the date range we based the tickets on? Will we need to pay a differential if the incremental Saturday was more expensive that the Sunday that we are dropping? If it is date dependent is there an easy way to figure out what the difference is? Do we need to go to guest services to make an adjustment and if so, do we have to do this before the first Saturday or just sometime in our trip?

Thanks for the help!

3dadknight

If you bought the tickets directly from Disney, you can probably call and make the change in advance. If you got the tickets from an authorized dealer like Undercover Tourist, you will have to go to a ticket window or Guest Relations to make the change. Doing it in advance on the phone is your best bet since you cannot make FastPasses for that Saturday with your current tickets. If there is an increase in price, you will have to pay the difference in either case. Figuring out the difference is easy. Open the App and go through the process for buying the Saturday to Saturday tickets until you see the final price but don’t make the purchase. Compare the price you saw with the price you paid for the Sunday to Sunday tickets.

jillyb

unsure of the release date for the dumbo anniversa
I just did this with my grandaughter's ticket! I bought 6 day Park Hoppers from UT and they are linked to my MDE. I have an AP and my daughter has 6 day base tickets. Our trip is from Saturday to Saturday and we're going to the first MNSSHP on the 16th. When I bought my granddaughter's tickets, I didn't realize we don't need a Park ticket to get into the party so I had our first Park day as the 11th, which is the date on my granddaughter's ticket. When I realized we could go to a Park on the 10th (arrival day) I was kicking myself for putting the 11th on her ticket and figured I would end up having 2-1 Day tickets that were just going to have to expire. I went on MDE the other day and was looking at my granddaughter's ticket and found an option to modify the ticket, including the date!

When you choose to modify the date on your ticket, a calendar will pop up and you go to the month you're going. It will show you on that calendar what you will have to pay to modify the date and/or ticket. To change the date on my granddaughter's ticket from 08/11 to 08/10 it was $3.53. The calendar showed $4 but when I chose that option it came up as $3.53. Passholder discount maybe? I also looked at changing her tickets to a flexible date but it was going to be $152.00 to do that.

I had no idea this option existed so I was very excited to be able to make that change!

ETA: I did this on the app and not the website.

Last edited:

Anne

That is great news!!! Especially that it can be done online with tickets that were not purchased directly from Disney.

Anne

I like this ticket section on the app. It tells me how many days are remaining on my non-expiring tickets and has an option to upgrade a ticket to an AP online.

puffyjj

How great would that be if you could bridge to an AP on the app with the correct amount credited to your ticket?

Anne

How great would that be if you could bridge to an AP on the app with the correct amount credited to your ticket?
That would be great! I looked at it a little more. It's only showing the option to upgrade to AP for tickets that have been partially used. For us the only partially used tickets we have right now are NE. I have no idea what would happen if I clicked on the link since their first use was more than a year ago, we would be upgrading to an AP that would already be expired.

It isn't an option to see what price they would offer to upgrade my unused UCT tickets. It looks like the AP upgrade option is mostly designed to nudge people toward an AP while in the middle of their trip.

ETA: Curiosity got the best of me. I clicked on the upgrade button. I got a message to check with a CM for eligibility.

puffyjj

Thanks for the follow up, Anne. If I recall correctly, your trip is in November, right? Let us know if you give it a shot then!

Anne

That is a crazy-big price increase!
We wouldn't have been upgrading in November anyway, we have APs already through next spring break.
We were talking about letting the APs expire this year but ended up renewing with the plan to let them expire next year...this price increase makes the idea of letting them expire a little more palatable.

ChristineOH

Holy price increase! I'm pretty sure when we bought our APs in 2017 they were $800. And now they're $1119! So now it would be $5595 for my family to get passes. Yikes.

I've toyed with the idea of only buying Disney After Hours tickets if we go back, and using the day time to enjoy our resort. If that would even be an option-- we will have to see how the after hours tickets continue to be offered.

paxsarah

We were looking at doing two trips in 2020, except my 13yo was complaining that was too much Disney :RpS_rolleyes: so I'd started looking into Universal for the second trip. Now that seems like an even better idea.

I'm going to be super irritated if regular ticket prices go up 20%+ as well.

Anne

Holy price increase! I'm pretty sure when we bought our APs in 2017 they were $800. And now they're $1119! So now it would be $5595 for my family to get passes. Yikes.

I've toyed with the idea of only buying Disney After Hours tickets if we go back, and using the day time to enjoy our resort. If that would even be an option-- we will have to see how the after hours tickets continue to be offered.
Don't forget that $1119 is BEFORE tax. Actual cost $1191.74 or $5958.70 for a family of 5.

An after hours and water park only trip might be a fun plan!

puffyjj

That is a great idea, indeed. When I broached the subject of whether we should get APs after I found a site with the old pricing, my kids both said they'd prefer to go back to Disneyland if we did two trips in one year.

bnoble

he's right
Looks like the plan is to thin the herd, at least for now. Given the organic demand that GE is likely to produce, it makes sense.

Momof8

ugh fearing daily ticket prices are going to now go up as well before our Oct trip. two day park hopper is $301 as is right now. We are just going for a short trip with a friend who's basically never been, to see my dd in the DCP for her bday so want to be able to go to epcot AK and MK. sigh. so deliberating whether to buy those passes now instead of waiting for DDs DCP 10% off in August. I bought an AP yesterday at old price for myself bt DD and friend will need theirs.