Soliciting FAQ ideas!

vicki_c

THE RULES!!!
Please post in this thread any ideas you have for a Resorts FAQ type thread.

The one I can think of that ALWAYS comes up - how many people can I fit in my room at XYZ resort? Or where can a family of 5 stay at WDW?

Do I get mousekeeping if I stay in a DVC resort?

Which resorts are on the monorail? which resorts are closest to a park?

That's all that I thought of off the top of my head. Maybe there aren't that many typical resort questions, I'm not sure! Maybe we won't need an FAQ.

vatmark

wears a coca-cola shirt to club cool just in case
How about a list of which resorts are considered value,moderate, deluxe?

Ann

vicki_c

THE RULES!!!
That's a good one. (LOL by the way - now that I'm the mod, I had the option to "edit post" for your post - which was so weird!)

vatmark

wears a coca-cola shirt to club cool just in case
That's a good one. (LOL by the way - now that I'm the mod, I had the option to "edit post" for your post - which was so weird!)
Good! If you see any spelling or grammar mistakes please feel free to correct them. :RpS_rolleyes:

Ann

blyday

tests unsafe roller coasts in china
How about a mention of basic features of each resort category (i.e. Values don't have water slides. Double beds verse queen size beds, fridge costs extra at values but free at all others, TS verse CS dining options, etc.) Nothing too detailed but people are always asking, "is there a microwave in my room at x resort?" and such or is there a TS restaurant at my resort?

Janine

this site is awesome. i've never visited, but i l
Tipping suggestions? How much, when and to who (i.e. mousekeeping/bell hops/etc.)

Bribren

don't mind me, just blowing off steam
There are plenty of detailed FAQs for resorts out there. What is not covered? I'd like some serious breakdowns. Like how much are you paying per minute more to get to the MK from the poly or AKL when adjusted by room rate? Or how about a Java applet that asks 15 questions and matches you to a resort.

grumpygirl

The first time we stayed at Port Orleans French Quarter, we loved it. The next two times, the rooms were shabby and cabinet doors were broken, etc. Something we will ask in the future is when the last refurb was for our resort. We prefer that our room at Disney be fresher than the cheap hotel we stayed at for the drive down.

vicki_c

THE RULES!!!
Thanks everyone for the ideas so far - keep them coming. I will try and take a look @ everything over the weekend!

Becky2011

cloning herself so she can be at jedi training aca
How about a description of how Online check-in works?
I agree with this one....it is new since last time we did it and I wasn't sure how it worked -- I was thinking you had to do the check-in right before you got there & for someone who is flying that could work but we are driving so we would be over a day before check-in. Then I read something about 10 days before, etc....

So, I would definitely be interested in not only how it works but is there an advantage to doing it? Does it help you out in some way? Someone like me who has never stayed at a particular resort would it be better to NOT do it so that the front desk can explain how to get to my room, give me those little details I need to know that I might not have thought about?

annh

...and by and by they came to an enchanted place o
How about which are the 'preferred' rooms in each resort - not necessarily ones you pay extra for. I was thinking that I had read many posts asking which was the best building etc to request eg nearest facilities, pool, bus stop etc. Hope I'm making myself clear.

ETA Oh and how about which resorts share buses - again I'm sure I've seen that asked a few times.

Thanks

Barberella

Prefers doors to separate the bathroom from sleep
Totally agree with grumpygirl...:RpS_thumbsup: - to me, when the last refurb occurred is so important.

vicki_c

THE RULES!!!
How about a mention of basic features of each resort category (i.e. Values don't have water slides. Double beds verse queen size beds, fridge costs extra at values but free at all others, TS verse CS dining options, etc.) Nothing too detailed but people are always asking, "is there a microwave in my room at x resort?" and such or is there a TS restaurant at my resort?
I think I will write something small addressing this - just a few sentences because most of that info is in Josh's articles.

Tipping suggestions? How much, when and to who (i.e. mousekeeping/bell hops/etc.)
This one I don't want to address. It's too emotional and personal - some people think tipping mousekeeping is a must, some people think it's totally inappropriate, etc.

There are plenty of detailed FAQs for resorts out there. What is not covered? I'd like some serious breakdowns. Like how much are you paying per minute more to get to the MK from the poly or AKL when adjusted by room rate? Or how about a Java applet that asks 15 questions and matches you to a resort.
OK, this one is definitely not happening! But Briben, if you would like to start on that kind of analysis - please go for it! :nerd:

The first time we stayed at Port Orleans French Quarter, we loved it. The next two times, the rooms were shabby and cabinet doors were broken, etc. Something we will ask in the future is when the last refurb was for our resort. We prefer that our room at Disney be fresher than the cheap hotel we stayed at for the drive down.
Totally agree with grumpygirl...:RpS_thumbsup: - to me, when the last refurb occurred is so important.
I personally think when each place has been refurbished recently is too much for the FAQ. I just don't think I could keep up with that. I would rather keep the FAQ for information that generally doesn't change.

How about which are the 'preferred' rooms in each resort - not necessarily ones you pay extra for. I was thinking that I had read many posts asking which was the best building etc to request eg nearest facilities, pool, bus stop etc. Hope I'm making myself clear.

ETA Oh and how about which resorts share buses - again I'm sure I've seen that asked a few times.

Thanks
Preferred or "better" rooms - This is another thing that I think is much too individual and personalized to include in any kind of FAQ. Everyone has a different opinion on that, depending on what they want. To some, a better room means close to the food, some want close to the buses, some want a better view, etc.. There are many posts on that on various boards, but the answers differ for each person.

As to the bus thing, I will give some thought to addressing that, but it's another one of those things that in some cases changes. I might be able to write something up though that generally describes what the bus situation is often like at the resorts, with quite a few disclaimers!

I appreciate everyone taking the time to give me your ideas, and hope no one feels put out for the ones I don't want to include. And if Supreme Leader Josh wants to include any of those, I certainly will!