Space 220 opening date set (for real) - now September 20th

RetroCOTfan

As the father of a 13-yr-old boy who loves all things aeronautics and space, we're pretty pumped for this to open. His opinion may change slightly when the menu is announced (not sure how "modern and upscale" his tastes are), but we'll absolutely try it for the atmosphere, or lack thereof.

That being said, we were at Disney in January 2020 and I remember thinking before that trip that we'd probably get to try the new Space restaurant then. HA. We currently have a trip planned for Columbus Day weekend, so fingers crossed.

cboyer

I've been wanting to try it and we will actually be in EP on the 20th. Any word on when reservations will open up?

RetroCOTfan

Not yet. The "official" opening date was just stated in a Zach Riddley instagram post. I'd guess that the Parks Blog will say something fairly soon, maybe in their periodic "Foodie Update" or whatever they call those food-centered posts they make once a week or so.

josh

Administrator
Staff member
You're always welcome to join the bloggers. Just don't order anything twice no matter how good it looks and be okay with cold food. Or I can' t guarantee your arrival back on Earth.

bnoble

he's right
I've been wanting to try it and we will actually be in EP on the 20th. Any word on when reservations will open up?
It's possible it will be walk-up only at the very beginning. I vaguely recall that happening in the past (and it makes sense if they are still in the shakedown period and figuring things out)

pixarprincess

We are excited about this as well (agree on pending the menu). It is on my list for December assuming I can score a reservation.

cboyer

You're always welcome to join the bloggers. Just don't order anything twice no matter how good it looks and be okay with cold food. Or I can' t guarantee your arrival back on Earth.
Lol. If we do manage to get in your welcome to join us for dinner. Give you more entrees and drinks to take pictures of. And I’m willing to risk not returning to earth if the drinks are good enough to order twice. But on opening day I might not get that.

cboyer

If they aren't doing a Tang-based dessert, something is wrong.
Menu is up. No tang dessert, but they do have a tang based cocktail, that actually comes with astronaut ice cream of course. Reservations open Sept 20th, for the 27th and beyond. Anyone trying to get in from the 20th-26th it is walk up only.

cboyer

Boy, that “Centauri Caesar Salad” sure looks ambitious! :rolleyes:
Nothing on the menu looks ambitious. It looks like food wise it will be your standard disney restaurant. For the price I would hope it is at least signature restaurant quality, but if we were hoping for the next tiffins, with fun adventurous food, we are going to be disappointed. I am also not a fan of the pre-fixe menus, That is a lot of food for me. Usually at dinner DD and I will share meals because the portions at Disney are so large, but with pre-fixe we don't have that option.