Spirit of Aloha

digdug

Our family trip will be the first week of June 2020. Our DD who saw Spirit of Aloha earlier this year suggested DH and I. I have read a few reviews of the food and know not to have high expectations. DD and I did Hoop and while the food was ok, we did enjoy the show. I'm approaching Spirit the same way. ADRs open for me next week; will do 8:15pm show and Cat. 1 since it's just the two of us.

Anyone have any comments positive or negative about the show or tips?
Thanks!

DopeyRunr

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts f
Our experience:
Food was disappointing
Service was horrible
Show was cringeworthy
Firethrower was awesome
YMMV

Anne

Our experience:
Food was disappointing
Service was horrible
Show was cringeworthy
Firethrower was awesome
YMMV
So true!
My husband wants to do the show again because he loved the fire thrower so much. I keep wondering does he have amnesia about the rest of it???

kate81

We hated it. I actually regretted going. My kids (and husband) were bored. The firethrower was good. But not even close to worth paying for and sitting through the rest of the show for it, IMO. There are very few things Disney-related that I've actually regretted. Usually, even if it wasn't our favorite, I'm glad to have tried and I know it's not for us and we just don't go back. This time, I really wished we hadn't wasted all that money and a whole evening. I even went into it knowing it might not be our favorite after reading negative reviews. And I posted here asking. After all the encouragement I got to skip it, I decided to go ahead and figured it was worth a try, lol. Nope, not worth a try, IMO. Terrible. Really, truly terrible.

mhnewcomb

We hated it. I actually regretted going. My kids (and husband) were bored. The firethrower was good. But not even close to worth paying for and sitting through the rest of the show for it, IMO. There are very few things Disney-related that I've actually regretted. Usually, even if it wasn't our favorite, I'm glad to have tried and I know it's not for us and we just don't go back. This time, I really wished we hadn't wasted all that money and a whole evening. I even went into it knowing it might not be our favorite after reading negative reviews. And I posted here asking. After all the encouragement I got to skip it, I decided to go ahead and figured it was worth a try, lol. Nope, not worth a try, IMO. Terrible. Really, truly terrible.
I had to study to make sure you weren't my traveling companion from our 2008 trip. Ack. Awful. The one redeeming quality for us was the "Luau of Terror" jokes we got to make in the van on the way home.

digdug

Josh, I read your review and that was what kept me considering it but....ADR day came and I scored Storybook and decided to dump SoA. I feel much better with this decision!

TiggerGirl

we had a BLAST both times we've done SoA! First time was a group of 12 of us for my parents anniversary and second time was a bunch of us for my 40th birthday. I think it's all about who you're with and making your own fun. Sure the show is dated and the food is mass produced but we had an absolute blast!