SSR - pleasantly surprised!

merbears

Just returned from SSR w dh , dd 15, her friend, & Mom 72 . Girls slept on full size good quality air mattress fit between king bed & window (one bedroom villa) . Plenty of space. Only complaint was odd bathroom setup - too many doors. We had a great time & if Resort is only option - as it was ours - embrace it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strangeite

Glad to hear it. We have a trip coming up in a month with a SSR stay. We have owned there for years but have never stayed at the resort, with the exception of the Treehouses.

DopeyRunr

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts f
Our first DVC stay was a one-night rental at SSR about five years ago and we really enjoyed it too. Don't LOVE the theming the way we love Animal Kingdom Lodge, but with Disney Springs being built out, the location is pretty awesome.

George

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tag
I've always considered SSR the redheaded stepchild of DVC resorts. I think it's perfectly pleasant, distinctive without being over-the-top. If there's anything I don't care for it's the small room layouts (done as they were during the SSR/BWV/VWL-BR days), but the convenient parking and proximity to DS are both big plusses, and most, if not all of, the villas have very nice views, be they of waterways or fairways. Throw in relatively low point requirements, and you have have a winner. There's something for everyone there.

Strangeite

Since we are talking about SSR, I will comment on my observations of the Treehouses.

For the right party configuration, they are probably the best point value on Property. The catch is, for the right party. If you are a family of four and traveling with a childless couple, they are perfect. Similar point cost to a 2 bedroom but much more flexible space.

You need to have a car. The bus service is awful. Having to wait for a bus to take you to SSR, then having to wait again for a bus to the parks was more than I could take. And we are a family that usually always takes the bus even if we have a car.

The deck is huge and has an area where the kids could go outside to "play" which was very nice.

I don't think we will rent one again unless we plan a Universal focused trip and want to use points for lodging.

Micah008

Staff member
Glad you enjoyed it.

We own there, but have only stayed at SSR once, and also really enjoyed it. It felt like we were more away from all the hustle and bustle, more relaxed, and we enjoyed the resort itself... especially the multiple pool areas.

merbears

Curious about just what you didn't like about the doors?

We, especially my 72 year old mum , couldn’t get a hang of which door for toilet vs closet vs tub . We made light of it but it was a little odd when I took a bath everyone in my family stopped in to visit me since it’s all open ! I wore my bathing suit next time to enjoy the jacuzzi.

beachta1

Glad you liked it! I'd like to stay at SSR someday for a non-park heavy trip. The grounds are so pretty, close to DS and I know DH would like to golf there. Someday!

We, especially my 72 year old mum , couldn’t get a hang of which door for toilet vs closet vs tub . We made light of it but it was a little odd when I took a bath everyone in my family stopped in to visit me since it’s all open ! I wore my bathing suit next time to enjoy the jacuzzi.

I see! Setting these baths up so that they are usable by multiple people, and accessible from both sleeping spaces, can be interesting. Add the window to the king bed area and they shift to odd. Many recent refurbs have closed that window off.