Staying off-site: What meal is a MUST-do?

fourty2

We went to Disney World for the first time March 2011 for seven days We stayed on-site, but did not have a dining plan, so we only did two table service meals CRT (for DD3 and DD2) and Via Napoli (just to do something different). And, naturally, one-trip is never enough! I am now an addict LOL!

I am planning my March 2012 trip and we are staying off-site (for 11 days this time – yippee!) and as my 180 day ADR time is mid-September. I was wondering if you could give me advice on where we should go for breakfast, lunch and/or dinner, as I am thinking of doing a few of them at Disney restaurants. I am trying to figure out what character meal(s) we should do and if there is somewhere else that is really worth going to..

The DDs will be 4.5 and 3.5 when we will be there :RpS_smile:

jilly7896

proud to keep the transportation forum the most ci
My family loves 'Ohana. It's our only must do!

With little girls, I would suggest 1900 Park Fare. We went there last year for the first time. The food is decent, and the character interaction was really great. The little girls were in awe of Cinderella and the Prince, and the stepsisters and stepmother are hilarious!

Last edited:

BlountFam5

I am finding that paying OOP for some of the character meals can get expensive. We are planning off-site for Jan.
We liked Akershus for princesses and cheaper than CRT. Breakfast is cheaper than lunch or dinner at many charater meals. Have you checked the menus at allears.com? They will tell you pricing and foods. The Plaza is similar in price to CS and may be fun and casual. There are some reviews here from Josh about what's worth the $$$.

Good Luck!

bigdaddybyrd

With most character meals you're going for the experience, not for the food. Since you've already done CRT if your DDs are really into princesses (like my DD3!) you should definitely look into doing a late Aukershus breakfast one morning at Epcot. As Jill mentioned, 1900 Park Fare is a good choice as well. At Breakfast they'll have Alice, The Mad Hatter and Mary Poppins, and at dinner they'll have Cinderella characters. My favorite classic character meal is Donald's Safari Breakfast at Tusker House in AK. They'll have Donald, Goofy, Daisy and Mickey, plus the food is pretty good!

gorsh

Goofus D. Dawg
We LOVED the AK safari breakfast. The character interaction was fabulous, the restaurant was beautifully themed, the food was tasty, and it was a great way to start our morning at AK. We also really liked the character interaction at Chef Mickey's, but the food was only OK. Chef Mickey's was probably DS's favorite considering he played this at home for almost a year after our visit!

Our two favorite restaurants for splurging on dinner are Flying Fish and California Grill.