Strong opinions (either way) on D. Springs hotels?

BDUB32

I searched a bit, but let’s be honest, wanted to post my first thread on the new site!

Not a full itinerary, since were planning a short trip, but fly from Houston, land MCO late morning 2/29/20, stay three nights, myself, DW, DS14, DD9, DD6. Our first trip back to WDW after several in the 2013-2016 years.

We’re trying to use points but I’m already too late for Swolphin, so I’m looking at (and seek opinions on):

Hilton Buena Vista Palace
Hilton LBV
Doubletree Suites LBV
And, actually, Best Western LBV

I realize that’s a broad range of “quality,” but really we’re trying to optimize the EMH/60 day FP+ and we don’t really spend much time at hotels anyway.

Good experiences? Really bad ones? Tips? Preferences?

Much appreciated.

nolarookie

I haven’t stayed at any of these, but we did spend one night at the B Resort as a pit stop on the way to Port Canaveral. My impression was it was nice and a good price for the room. The amenities were really overpriced—the snack shop and restaurant were like WDW onsite prices. The traffic in the area is a bit of a cluster.

bnoble

he's right
My brother and his wife used to collect piles of Hilton points back in their consultant days. They stayed at the Hilton LBV a few times, and seemed to think it was okay.

beachta1

I have stayed at the Hilton LBV and the Holiday Inn LBV. No complaints about either! I really only slept at the Holiday Inn but at Hilton enjoyed the pool and short walk to DS. The only thing I didn't love was how inconsistent the shuttles were. They may have improved since but they didn't run on the schedule they said they were going to (both running late and leaving before posted times).

projectx

We just finished a stay at Hilton LBV over Thanksgiving. Our preference is to stay on site, but we didn't decide to book our trip until September and by that point, the only thing available for our family of 5 was $700 suites. Not happening.

So we ended up in a Junior Suite at LBV for $200/night, with the full array of on-site amenities. Room was nice, (though the double beds instead of queens was a minus), extremely quiet, staff was friendly, and the pool area is very large with food and drink service. Short walk to Disney Springs was a definite plus.

The shuttle service to the parks however is just awful. We tried it once, and that was enough. It will hit several hotels and stop at two parks. Uber or Lyft to and from the parks is the only way to go. But really, the shuttle service was the only major negative. I still prefer being on site but if that wasn't an option, I would stay here again.

Micklessor

We did not use the shuttle service, but had an enjoyable stay at the Hilton LBV. We had a pretty terrible experience at the Hilton BV Palace (large convention there, VERY noisy room, didn't sleep). Won't return there.

sfnsfn

We've stayed at the Doubletree at Disney Springs a couple of times. We have children about the same age as yours. We typically hit the parks hard, so we use our hotel primarily for sleeping.

This hotel is clean and the staff has always been nice and helpful. The double queen suites are large and include a dining table for 4, sink, mini fridge, and microwave. The cable tv service is not great, but we don't watch much tv when we're at DW. The pool looked nice but we didn't swim.

Onsite breakfast buffet is great, but expensive ($20 per adult, under 12 is "free"). There is also an onsite convenience store that comes in handy for snacks and drinks. There are lots of less expensive eating choices that are very close by. We usually eat 1 meal per day at a close by restaurant (Chikfila, Firehouse, McDonalds).

We always rent a car because we don't like to be dependent on the shuttle bus service. Traffic getting in and out of the Doubletree is easy because there is a stop light at the hotel entrance. We were there Thanksgiving week and didn't experience any problems with heavy traffic or navigating traffic routes (we used the Waze app to guide us and it never did us wrong).

For the size of the suite, price per night, location, and the fact that you get the "onsite" perks (60 day fastpass, EMH), I think the Doubletree is a great option.

But keep in mind that it's a Doubletree, so don't expect any Disney magic. The Doubletree is better than a Hampton Inn, but not as great as the Animal Kingdom Lodge :)

BDUB32

Thanks to all. Really appreciate it.

The points price on the doubletree went “on sale” the day after I presented this idea to DW, so we ended up booking a “little extras” suite there.

Heard lots of nice things about the Hilton LBV and had Frieda just return from there, but the double bed idea was a no go.

Appreciate the Uber/Lyft advice. Will be using Uber xl car seat for sure.

Super pumped as I mentioned it will have been four years and a lot has changed, for better and worse, I guess!

Thanks, again.

BDUB32

projectx

Appreciate the Uber/Lyft advice. Will be using Uber xl car seat for sure.
See my post about taking Uber to AK:

Also, If your 6 year old is big enough I would recommend investing in a couple Bubble Bum boosters instead of relying on Uber for the car seats. They inflate, and you can deflate them to stick them in a backback or bottom of a stroller. We use these all the time when traveling, they are fantastic! https://www.amazon.com/BubbleBum-Backless-Inflatable-Booster-Black/dp/B00AQYZCXK/ref=sr_1_2?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI9rWZqbvW5gIVL_bjBx0mgAIqEAAYASAAEgIuVfD_BwE&hvadid=256500357564&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9015676&hvnetw=g&hvpos=1t1&hvqmt=b&hvrand=13202116814576672255&hvtargid=kwd-303517304581&hydadcr=6418_9585673&keywords=bubble+bum+inflatable+booster&qid=1577471517&sr=8-2

BDUB32

See my post about taking Uber to AK:

Also, If your 6 year old is big enough I would recommend investing in a couple Bubble Bum boosters instead of relying on Uber for the car seats. They inflate, and you can deflate them to stick them in a backback or bottom of a stroller. We use these all the time when traveling, they are fantastic! https://www.amazon.com/BubbleBum-Backless-Inflatable-Booster-Black/dp/B00AQYZCXK/ref=sr_1_2?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI9rWZqbvW5gIVL_bjBx0mgAIqEAAYASAAEgIuVfD_BwE&hvadid=256500357564&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9015676&hvnetw=g&hvpos=1t1&hvqmt=b&hvrand=13202116814576672255&hvtargid=kwd-303517304581&hydadcr=6418_9585673&keywords=bubble+bum+inflatable+booster&qid=1577471517&sr=8-2
Thanks very much! I think we have one of these and love the advice!