Struggling with HS - 11/26

NicoleK

This is the park that I'm struggling the most with. Trying to follow Josh's plans to a T on the other days. Thoughts on the following??

Saturday, November 26th (first full day of our vacation)

1. Head to Jedi Training sign up (signing 3 kids up)

2. Ride RNRC 9:00 – 9:30am
  3. Visit Toy Story Characters: 9:30am – 10:00 am
  4. Ride Toy Story Mania with FP+ (Window 9:50-10:50): 10:00 am – 10:20 am
  5. See the 10:30 Disney Jr. Live on Stage show: 10:20am – 10:55am
  6. Star Wars Launch Bay 10:55-11:45 (boys and husband are huge SW fans so I can see this taking longer than the average visitor. Would like to visit characters while in there)
  7. Ride Tower of Terror with FP+ (window 11:55-12:55): 11:55 – 12:40 (mostly likely will have to do this in 2 shifts due to little one)
  8. ADR Mama Melrose 1:10 Fantasmic package (Cancel???)
  9. Jedi Training 3:00??
  10. Star Tours 4:00-4:40 (should I try to switch my FP+ to here)
  11. Muppets 3D 4:40 – 5:15
  12. VOTLM with FP+ (show at 5:40): 5:30 – 6:00

Thoughts/Notes:
    * If Star Wars fireworks are shown, then we'll skip Fantasmic and see this instead. We've seen Fantasmic the last 2 visits.
    * I know this is a long day without a break, but we don't want to visit HS twice if we don't have to. My little one is used to napping on the go and in loud places due to soccer tournaments, dance competitions, etc. Since it shouldn't be hot and the parks close early, I think we can handle one or two RD-close days.

You guys make all of this look so easy. However, it's making my head spin when I try and come up with my own plans. Thanks for your help.

Laurensara

How old are your kids and how many do you have? You could sent your DH with the older kids to Launch Bay, while you take the younger ones to Dis Jr. Having seen the Dis Jr show many times, the target audience is definitely toddlers and preschoolers!

My family is visiting over Thanksgiving week too, and I am assuming that all of the park hours will be open later due to crowds. You can see last year's hours here :

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/hours/nov15.cfm

On the Saturday after Thanksgiving, HS was open from 8-11!

D

Deleted member 832

I like the schedule pretty well. Watch the weather closely for JTA. Remember, they cancel if it's going to rain so don't get caught with afternoon showers.

How old are your kids and how many do you have? You could sent your DH with the older kids to Launch Bay, while you take the younger ones to Dis Jr. Having seen the Dis Jr show many times, the target audience is definitely toddlers and preschoolers!

My family is visiting over Thanksgiving week too, and I am assuming that all of the park hours will be open later due to crowds. You can see last year's hours here :

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/hours/nov15.cfm

On the Saturday after Thanksgiving, HS was open from 8-11!

One difference being Osborne Lights.
Without those it's entirely possible they won't be open that late this year.
Though I'd never say never.

josh

Administrator
Staff member
Doing Jedi Training signups, all of the headliners, and trying to meet Woody/Jessie is not an easy task...

If you can commit to getting to Jedi Training early, you might start with Toy Story Mania and then use FP+ at RnR and Tower of Terror later. That will cut down on about 20 minutes of walking first thing. With the increase in capacity at Toy Story, you should be fine. You could even theoretically consider doing the meet and greet first. It's still going to be a haul down Sunset Boulevard at some point, but once is perhaps better than twice.

NicoleK

Thanks all for the comments. Lauren, my kids are 12, 10, 7 and 3. I like the idea of the older kids going to Launch Bay while the youngest does Disney Jr. My parents will be with us also so it will be easy to split up into two groups.

I've changed it a little per the above comments. I think we can skip Woody and Buzz and try and meet them in MK. I would prefer not to use up valuable touring time since my older kids aren't really interested in characters anymore and I'm not sure how much my little guy will like them. Thanks for the reminder about rain for Jedi training. That actually happened to us our last trip.

Is this better than the original plan?

1. Head to Jedi Training sign up (signing 3 kids up)
  2. Ride TSMM 9:00 – 9:30am
  3. See the 9:40 Disney Jr. Live on Stage show: 9:30 - 10:10 3b. Have husband and old kids visit Star Wars Launch Bay 9:30 - 10:10 (boys and husband are huge SW fans so I can see this taking longer than the average visitor. Would like to visit characters while in there)
  4. **What can I fit in here before we head to RNRC? VOTLM?
  5. Ride RNRC with FP+ (Window 10:30 - 11:30): Ride 11:00 - 11:40
  6. Ride Tower of Terror with FP+ (window 11:55-12:55): 11:55 – 12:40 (mostly likely will have to do this in 2 shifts due to little one)
  7. ADR Mama Melrose 1:10 Fantasmic package (Cancel and try Jedi training earlier? Still need to fit lunch in somewhere though)
  8. Jedi Training 3:00??
  9. Star Tours 4:00-4:40
  10. Muppets 3D 4:40 – 5:15
  11. VOTLM with FP+ (show at 5:40): 5:30 – 6:00

I may make an evening ADR if there ends up not being any nighttime entertainment this evening.

D

Deleted member 832

If Woody turns out to be an important meet, do it at HS. All signs point to his departure from MK first of next month

I am a recent, and huge, fan of Mama Melrose. I would keep the meal