sunblock in February?

5terre

Okay, not sure where this belongs, feel free to move it! Will we need lots of sunblock in February? I am packing some small travel sticks (basically for our faces), and thinking that will be enough for this time of year. Am I wrong?

vicki_c

THE RULES!!!
Okay, not sure where this belongs, feel free to move it! Will we need lots of sunblock in February? I am packing some small travel sticks (basically for our faces), and thinking that will be enough for this time of year. Am I wrong?
I moved this from Resorts. I don't know where it goes either. We need a "tips" or "misc." Disney forum or something. Plus I knew Judy was on vacation.:RpS_flapper:

As for sunscreen, yes we always have sunscreen in February or any winter month. Of course, if you are wearing long sleeves and long pants, you will need less. But in my experience, that is not usually the case in February. Short sleeves, shorts some days, and we usually swim too. So I wouldn't take any less sunscreen than any other time, but you can just decide on a day to day basis how much you need to use. Small travel sticks are not enough.

DWCricket

anything that isnt princesses
unless your going to be wearing long sleeves and pants you'll need bring more, we've gone in January and have seen lots and lots of burned people (we always have sunscreen on whenever out in the sun- by product of being a cancer researcher ;) ). Better safe then sorry.

5terre

Back to update! It was sunny and 85F every single day! We definitely needed the sunblock for the afternoons at the pool. I saw lots of sunburned adults at the pool! We were okay in the parks for the morning, but usually by lunch time DD and I would put some on our faces and arms. Hey, I wanted to have some bit of a tan! The tan is already gone, I so wish we were still there!!

5terre

Jill We loved CSR. Until our last day and the Grainger conference ruined everything. It was unbelievable, people everywhere, tables and chairs set up on every square inch of the resort lawn near the rooms, Dig Site CLOSED, quiet pools closed (one was open), couldn't use the hammocks... apparently it was like that all last week, that would have totally ruined my whole vacation. Anyway, yes we loved it and I wouldn't hesitate to go back, as long as I can be guaranteed that the pool will be open. We stayed in Cabanas 8b, a little bit of walking to El Centro and the Dig Site but it as fine for us.