take home snacks

nursepaula

Not sure what we will do with all our snack credits. Long story short: the DxDP makes sense for us based on the meals we have scheduled. If history repeats itself, I think last time we had something like 16 snack credits to use up on our last park day = came home with a bunch of stale popcorn balls :RpS_glare:

So... what does everyone like to do with their leftover snack credits?

Lcsmolcha

I haven't done the DP but my brother has - they often pick up things like bags of trail mix, bananas, etc. at the resort QS or store. Depends on how you are traveling - if by car you can get yogurts etc that work in the cooler.

aobrien

We like to stop by somewhere like the confectionery or goofy's candy co on our last day and grab things like rice crispy treats, cookies, or cake pops and take them home so we have some disney treats to enjoy once we're back home after the vacation ends. We drive to disney, so bringing food home isnt an issue for us. Not sure how well it would travel if you're flying.

kmc8826

Last trip D9 and I had used the snack credits (Starbucks) but had a CS meal left. We cashed those in for three things of bagged candy at MK (the candy store there on Main Street). We got candy rocks which the girls are still slowly enjoying. So different candy maybe than you usually get could be used for the snack credit. They pack easily even for flying.

Mrs. Potts

We have found rice crispy treats travel well. Also, PEZ dispensers are a snack credit. That may be a fun way to spend some snack credits.

bnoble

he's right
I wouldn't worry about it, beyond maybe planning to buy more bottled water over the course of the trip. I'd rather not bring home a bunch of candy I don't really need or want.

KathleenG

Can you get things to create a meal for traveling? We usually get on DME with a bag of food to eat at the airport while waiting for our flight.

As far as snacks for home, I'm a fan of the Minnie Bake Shop cookies - in the red and white box.

ptlohmysoul

When not on the dining plan, we share desserts. But after having left over snack credits on the dining plan, we now let each child get their own ice cream/snack. If we throw away some, so be it, there is no fighting to get "their share." When we do the dining plan, it's usually because it makes sense regardless of the snack credits, so the snack credits are usually an extra anyways. We do always plan on bringing home rice krispy treats for the ride home and maybe one for when we get home, too. Sometimes, those are also gifts for those who didn't get to come with us.

CJG17

The hotel gift shops even sell a bunch of treats. So as we were waiting for the magical express, we let true kids use the rest of the snack credits. They picked big character cookies, Mickey Rice Krispie treats, goofy gummies, and more. The checkout lady even packaged them for travel. Then we also bought ice cream at the Qs to eat while sitting at the bus stop.

kerri3

We have brought home rice Krispy treats and Minnie's boxed cookies. Both have travelled well.

However, after having so many snack credits left from our first experience with the dining plan, we have made an effort to use those credits differently now. Either using it for water/drinks if we are traveling in warmer months so we don't have to carry extra through the parks - or if we are traveling during cooler months we hit the QS in the hotel for items that we can use for on the go breakfasts to help us make RD. Fruit, yogurt, granola bars, pop tarts, pastries are some of the things we have purchased with snack credits and used as breakfast. These items can generally be consumed quickly, or on the go if needed. We save time by purchasing these items the day before we plan to consume them (perishables store nicely in the room refrigerators).

nursepaula

When not on the dining plan, we share desserts. But after having left over snack credits on the dining plan, we now let each child get their own ice cream/snack. If we throw away some, so be it, there is no fighting to get "their share." When we do the dining plan, it's usually because it makes sense regardless of the snack credits, so the snack credits are usually an extra anyways. We do always plan on bringing home rice krispy treats for the ride home and maybe one for when we get home, too. Sometimes, those are also gifts for those who didn't get to come with us.

Yup, this. Also, I do remember now buying rice krispie treats which we gave to friends/family. Why did we only keep the popcorn balls?
I wouldn't worry about it, beyond maybe planning to buy more bottled water over the course of the trip. I'd rather not bring home a bunch of candy I don't really need or want.

I originally thought this but I figured it'd be nice to see what other treats might be available :)

We have found rice crispy treats travel well. Also, PEZ dispensers are a snack credit. That may be a fun way to spend some snack credits.

PEZ dispensers! I think we picked some up as souvenirs last time because we were not savvy enough to realize they could have been bought using snack credits. So glad I posted this question just for this tip. Thanks!

ktpsu

We usually hit up the resort snack bar/dining area for snacks on our way to wait for the magic express.

pixarprincess

best trick for travel-ability for flight is Ziplocks! I take a handful of gallon and quart size every trip now. We like getting caramel goodies in Germany at epcot to take home. They keep fine all the way to LA in a zip lock in carry on luggage. Krispies are a good one too. and we normally end up with a few bottles of water for the DME ride