Take out from resort table service restaurants?

aimes0105

Hi everyone,

I've been lurking for quite some time, getting tons of useful information in planning our trip for the first week of June. I haven't been able to find an answer to this question by searching through the posts so I finally joined so I could ask myself. We are traveling with a 2 1/2 year old who goes to bed around 7pm. Therefore we will likely feed her something before bed and then have dinner ourselves in the room after she is asleep. Rather than being stuck cooking (staying at VWL) or counter service fare every night, is it possible to get take out from the table service restaurants?

Thanks for all of your help!

F

fizboBunny

I've read reports of people getting take out from Kona at the Poly.

aimes0105

Thank you, I had forgotten about room service being an option! I'm still hoping we might be able to get some other options to go from the restaurants but we'll see. I'll plan to just ask when we get there.

richdi89

Search for local restaurants on the web, review their menus and if it appeals to you most of them deliver to the hotel. We've done this a couple of times... it's cheaper than Disney pricing too! We've done Chinese food , Flippers is really good.

josh

Administrator
Staff member
Generally I think you will be told that the restaurant doesn't do takeout as their kitchen isn't prepared to prepare more food than the dining room requires. Kona is a special case because they have the sushi bar and you can also order anything on the Kona menu from that location.

Lynnp

We took some things back to the room as leftovers or ordered extra at lunch. If you scout the quick service, you might find something tasty that could be carried back also!

My kids are still young and we just ate well at lunch and then brought snack type food in our suitcases for supper. But we ate leftovers more than once that week!

aimes0105

I just looked at Kona's menu and that looks perfect. I didn't realize there was a counter service sushi option. Thank you, we'll definitely do that one of the nights. I figured the restaurants would be structured differently than a "normal" restaurant with regards to take out- which we rely on much more than we did before kids!

Otherwise I think we'll do as Lynnp suggested and make lunch a larger meal and then have snack type foods or leftovers at night.

Thanks again for your help!

clanmcculloch

expert on dietary needs and disney dining
Kona's really not a counter service sushi option. It's a sushi bar attached to the restaurant with a counter where you can order things to go.

What we like doing most park days is having a big TS lunch in the park and then we just get QS to go from our resort's QS restaurant. Sometimes we'll get it to eat there if everybody is up to it and other days we just bring it back to the room. It's very easy to send one person down when bringing it back to the room. Feel free to bring a tray with you back to your room and some QS locations will have bags for easier carrying.

demare

And just know, take out from Kona isn't exactly convenient if you are staying at WL. Plan about 45 minutes travel time to get there and back, so you are looking at someone being gone for just under 2 hours to get dinner.

ETA: I guess you could take a taxi and it would take a bit less time.

pfalcioni

does anybody know how to change this?
Search for local restaurants on the web, review their menus and if it appeals to you most of them deliver to the hotel. We've done this a couple of times... it's cheaper than Disney pricing too! We've done Chinese food , Flippers is really good.
I didn't know that off-site restaurants could deliver to Disney resorts?

aimes0105

Would Territory Lounge allow take out then, or were you mentioning it because its a more casual option?

I'm surprised they allow outside delivery too, definitely good to know.

vicki_c

THE RULES!!!
Territory Lounge is the bar area, but I assume it is not set up for takeout like anywhere else (it's attached to Artist Point). I think it was mentioned because you don't need a reservation, so more casual from a planning standpoint AND because it's in your resort.